W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

How do I remove the star on the grill?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
How do I remove the star on the grill?

Getting ready to replace grill with the 55tech black model. How do I get the star out to either swap it or to replace it with a black one?
This is the smaller of the two stars, the one on the grill itself, not the standing star on the hood.
Does it just pry out? I don't want to break anything that would prevent it from being reused.

Last edited by Midcont; 07-11-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:21 PM

IT LIKE ITS STOLEN!
you could pry it with a small screw driver very carefully or take a piece of fishing line and wrap it behind on top pull it then wrap behind bottom and pull it till it comes out. its held in with a small plastic grommet.

i also did the 55tech grill fitment and quality is perfect! thinking about painting mine to match the car
Old 07-11-2012, 04:10 PM

E63
Originally Posted by NickE63
you could pry it with a small screw driver very carefully or take a piece of fishing line and wrap it behind on top pull it then wrap behind bottom and pull it till it comes out. its held in with a small plastic grommet.

i also did the 55tech grill fitment and quality is perfect! thinking about painting mine to match the car
Thanks Nick,
Any help with removal instructions of the actual grill?
The links I've found seem to be for 2011 years and previous non AMG and the grills seem to attach differently. They appaer to have a nut on top a few inches back where ours dont.
It looks like i just unsnap a few clips and rotate the grill up but want to be sure.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
By the way, how do you remove the standing star? Do you just turn it counter-clockwise (viewed from under the hood)? What do you turn it with?