Sponsored by:

Looking it buy my first MB 10 E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 E63, 2012 C63C
Looking it buy my first MB 10 E63

Guys. I am new to this Forum and have never owned a MB. I think they are the bomb and was curious to get your expert opinion on one I'm considering.

27K mileage, drivers assist, none PP, black on black. Looks spotless on the pics. They want 61, I offered them 57 and they said nope? Is this offer unreasonable?

Andy
Old 12-31-2012, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
I'm not sure if the price is reasonable or not. Of course, it will also base on a few other options such as pano vs sunroof, 18" vs 19" forged, CPO or not. You will probably want to look online for similar spec'ed cars to compare the prices. Those comparable prices will usually give you a solid ground to start the negotiation.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
better deal:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

or buy this :
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Last edited by dtothedtotheo; 12-31-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:52 PM

2010 E63, 2012 C63C
Thanks so much for the suggestion. I found this one in hot lanta. http://www.motortrend.com/ni/classifieds/259447463/113/

I want all the option except pano roof and PP. This has it all minus the roof PP and parktronic. We have settled on 59K

I'm flying down Wednesday morning to do the once over prior to pulling the trigger. Only concern is it has been in the shop quite a few times for things lika a new valve cover gasket, new cam shafts, new struts at 5K. ****. Did they drop it during delivery?

Here is the car fax.

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...HF7HBXAA114170

I really appreciate your help in this big decision.

Andy

Last edited by N979Q; 01-01-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:26 AM

2014 E63 S
Check this one out

http://www.selectmotorcar.us/2010-Me...2/Details.aspx

It's a super nice car!
Old 01-01-2013, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by N979Q
I'm flying down Wednesday morning to do the once over prior to pulling the trigger. Only concern is it has been in the shop quite a few times for things lika a new valve cover gasket, new cam shafts, new struts at 5K. ****. Did they drop it during delivery?
So the car was sold and serviced all along at the same dealership. That dealership sure documented detailed info as shown on the carfax. As you had mentioned, it's truly concerning why there were so many repairs. There was that valve cover gasket replaced TWICE, separated by only 900 miles. There's also that front struts replacement, intake manifold replacement, right seatbelt assembly replacement, exhaust replacement, battery replacement, so on and so on. Really quite a bit of repairs and replacements. What in the ---- was going on with that car?!?! It's as if it had gone through some serious abuse. It's not one of those AMG driving academy cars, is it?! Make sure you ask them lots of questions about all those repairs and see what they have to say about them.

From the carfax, it looks the car is possibly not being sold as a CPO. So that means you only have around 17 months of factory warranty left. Without CPO, you wouldn't be able to get the factory extended warranty. With all that extensive history of repairs, I would be quite wary about owning it without a warranty. Just remember the car can be near a complete wreck despite being sold by a dealership. It feels almost like a lemon that the dealer is trying to get rid of...or a financial blackhole that is about to suck in an unfortunate soul. But that's just my impression even though it's possibly the opposite.

Also remember just because a car is CPO doesn't mean it was checked at all. There are many instances of MB dealerships putting up cars for sale as CPO despite not checking them at all and knowing the cars had accident bodywork repairs and overspray. I would have them lift the car in the service bay and fully examined the bottom, too. Obviously, it would be nice if there is an indy who is coming along. All in all, just be careful and check it top to bottom and get everything in writing.

By the way, even if both vehicles suggested by dtothedtotheo have the same price, I would rather have the first one located in Utah. As anyone knows, extensive exterior modding like that tends to hurt a car's resale value.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Last edited by otakki; 01-01-2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:02 PM

2012 E63 AMG (PP)
If it were me I would have some reservations, given all the issues with it thus far. At very least I would want it to be sold as a CPO vehicle. Having said that, I owned a 2010 E63. It was at the dealership numerous times, over the space of 35,000KM (about 20,000 miles), for a number of repairs, etc. I didn't drive it hard. I have a 2012 now, and it too has already been in a couple of times.

I would never describe the E63 as a highly reliable vehicle, although it is at least sufficiently reliable for me to want to own one. I just would not want to own one off warranty.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A couple of fast cars.
Guys. I am new to this Forum and have never owned a MB. I think they are the bomb and was curious to get your expert opinion on one I'm considering.

27K mileage, drivers assist, none PP, black on black. Looks spotless on the pics. They want 61, I offered them 57 and they said nope? Is this offer unreasonable?

Andy
I've been considering selling my e63.

i have an arctic white 2010 that is cpo'd (this is fully transferrable). it does have pano, i know that is not an option you care about, p2, night vision, distronic, msrp was 98k+. it has just under 27k miles and the warranty with cpo is good for almost another 3 years.

i also have a Eurocharged tune on the car, so power should be 540hp/498lb ft.

let me know if you'd be interested. i'm in california.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:27 PM

2010 E63, 2012 C63C
Thanks guys. I bought the Atlanta car. It was a one owner who was super nit picky. They showed me the records. The cam/valve issue was all the same problem. Owner heard a ticking. The pulled the valve cover and ultimately decided to order rocker arms or some such. Dealer told me they put her back together until the special parts arrived. So two surgeries to fix. Owned by an older fellow. That took meticulous care. Not a scratch on her. Thanks so much for all the advice.

Andy
Old 01-04-2013, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks guys. I bought the Atlanta car. It was a one owner who was super nit picky. They showed me the records. The cam/valve issue was all the same problem. Owner heard a ticking. The pulled the valve cover and ultimately decided to order rocker arms or some such. Dealer told me they put her back together until the special parts arrived. So two surgeries to fix. Owned by an older fellow. That took meticulous care. Not a scratch on her. Thanks so much for all the advice.

Andy
Congratulation! Pix soon, I hope.

Same here, I really wouldn't go about owning an AMG without a factory warranty.

So it's a super nit picky old owner. I guess he has never heard of the phrase, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it." What about other issues like the front struts, right seat belt assembly, and the battery replacement? Did he nit pick on those things, too. I bet the dealer was glad that the lease was finally over for that previous owner and the car was finally turned in. Better recommend that nit picky owner a RWD E350, which supposedly is one of the most reliable MB per Consumers Reports.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:09 PM

2010 E63, 2012 C63C
Here is a pic of my new baby.

Andy
Attached Thumbnails Looking it buy my first MB 10 E63-image.jpg  
Old 01-26-2013, 03:12 AM

07 M6 | 09 RX-8 | 07 LGT Wagon | 17 Bolt
Originally Posted by otakki
Congratulation! Pix soon, I hope.

Same here, I really wouldn't go about owning an AMG without a factory warranty.

So it's a super nit picky old owner. I guess he has never heard of the phrase, "if it ain't broken, don't fix it." What about other issues like the front struts, right seat belt assembly, and the battery replacement? Did he nit pick on those things, too. I bet the dealer was glad that the lease was finally over for that previous owner and the car was finally turned in. Better recommend that nit picky owner a RWD E350, which supposedly is one of the most reliable MB per Consumers Reports.
I know this is an old thread but the Struts are a Service Bulletin item.
It's really just the strut tops, not the whole strut that gets changed.
That fixes the creaking issue when turning.
Every early car needs to get it done prior to being equuipped with the updated parts.
Any E63 not driven regularly (as this one wasn't) will destroy a battery due to the parasitic draw of air suspension etc.
AMG has a small primary battery and does not have the secondary trunk battery (probably to save weight).
Seat belt change seems like a minor thing.
I think you got a good car.
Make sure you get the ELW to cover you beyond CPO.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:04 PM

2010 E63, 2012 C63C
Thanks Lunarx.

It was the creaking part on top of the strut that was replaced. I think she is a great car. What is ELW? (Extended Limited Warranty) I plan on definitely getting one when I get closer. Good news is this car was originally bought in the fall of 10. So she has some time and mileage left on her.

Andy
Old 01-26-2013, 02:06 PM

07 M6 | 09 RX-8 | 07 LGT Wagon | 17 Bolt
FYI - When you are ready to buy an ELW MB of Georgetown seems to offer the best prices.
http://www.mercedesbenzofgeorgetown.com/

Ask for the Finance Director.