AMS ALPHA 9 1/2 mile video! E63 Vs ZR1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 E63 AMG
AMS ALPHA 9 1/2 mile video! E63 Vs ZR1

We recently had the pleasure of attending the WannaGoFast 1/2 mile event in Chicago. The turnout was great and we use the opportunity to do some more fine tuning and testing of our ALPHA 9 turbochargers. While the full package has not been completed we still wanted to test the turbos themselves. As you will see they are doing quite well considering outside of the tune they are the only modifications to this car

The video below is one of an earlier run where we were running less then full boost and certainly not the 787whp level we dynoed. We attempted to run that full power level but the ECU was limiting us. Late in the day Sunday our tuners found the ECU limitation and have since fixed the problem.

For more info please visit www.alphaperformance.com

Enjoy the clip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTzz-...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by AMS_Performance; 06-10-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
I can't wait to see what the full package is capable of!
Old 06-10-2013, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
congrats ! love u guys are working with the AMG platform
Old 06-10-2013, 12:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
horse and carriage
this is gonna be insane if its not at full potential and doing these numbers
Old 06-10-2013, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 E55, 2012 Jeep SRT, 2008 G37s 6MT (The Mrs.), 2005 Explorer
Fuc! me running.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
what was the vette mods
Old 06-10-2013, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E46 M3,15 Yukon Denali,09 C63
Originally Posted by vdubpower
what was the vette mods
X2....anybody know?
Old 06-10-2013, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by AMS_Performance
We recently had the pleasure of attending the WannaGoFast 1/2 mile event in Chicago. The turnout was great and we use the opportunity to do some more fine tuning and testing of our ALPHA 9 turbochargers. While the full package has not been completed we still wanted to test the turbos themselves. As you will see they are doing quite well considering outside of the tune they are the only modifications to this car

The video below is one of an earlier run where we were running less then full boost and certainly not the 787whp level we dynoed. We attempted to run that full power level but the ECU was limiting us. Late in the day Sunday our tuners found the ECU limitation and have since fixed the problem.

For more info please visit www.alphaperformance.com

Enjoy the clip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTzz-...ature=youtu.be
Hmmmm.I did not notice any brake lights before the finish line nor did it appear the car went into limp mode. I thought you guys said you never made any clean passes and that is why it was trapping a such a low speed when Andrew and I questioned you in your other thread as to why you were not trapping higer than me at the Chicago 1/2 last weekend.

I would like to run your car heads up at the track and get to the bottom of the truth here. You claim you have the tunning figured out now so let's line up. After the race we can head back to your shop and throw both cars on your dyno just to see what numbers you guys comenup with. Mine will make 660-670whp so if yours is making 778 at the wheels you should get me by a few cars at the strip and be trapping 4-5mph quicker and both cars should 60 nearly identically.

Bottom line your E63 is not making the 778whp you claim. In your C thread on another forum you or someone from your company goes on and on about trap speed being the only true factor and dynos not meaning much, and I agree, so why is your E trapping so slow?

......and yes, I am calling you guys out. I live 20 or so minutes from your shop, we can do itnon the street but I would prefer Byron or Route 66, let me know what works for you and I will be there, any time after this Sunday works for me,:-)let's get to the bottom of this, pretty easy to prove me wrong, right?

Last edited by jrcart; 06-10-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kaz109
X2....anybody know?
It was bone stock, I know the owner he lives in same city as me in the subdivision next to mine, his name is Drew.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
What is your car trapping in standing 1/2 mile Jrcart?
Old 06-10-2013, 11:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: Cadillac CTS-V (V2), Chevy Cruze Past: E55k
I sure hope the driveline on the upcoming 4Matic 63s can handle this kind of power without having to beefed up.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Max.H
What is your car trapping in standing 1/2 mile Jrcart?
My car was trapping 163-164 both rolling and standing 1/2 mile at the wannagofast event in chicago about a week ago. I was trapping at 167 in the half a month earlier out at Shift Sector in California. The AMS E was only trapping 164 at the chicago event last week, it shoukd have been trapping much higher with 778whp. The Weistec E63 tt was trapping a few miles per hour faster than me at Shift Sector and they only claim 730whp. AMS is claiming over 50 more whp than Weistec yet the car is trapping at least 5mph slower than the Weistec car in the half, it just does not add up. Lot's of people questioning the numbers at the event after they saw and compared my traps with the AMS traps.

I live in Naperville, AMS is in West Chicago, two towns north of Naperville, no reason not to settle this looming question mark at the track, right?

Last edited by jrcart; 06-11-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMS, you guys doing the Michigan Mile with your E? I am registered but if you are going to be there with the E I might pay to have the Weistec E shipped out and I will run that car against your E, with the 50+ extra whp you guys are claiming it should not even be a race.

Again, let me know asap so I can arrange to have that car shipped out here.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
bring camera crews for our viewing pleasure......
Old 06-11-2013, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by vdubpower
bring camera crews for our viewing pleasure......
...trust me , there will be GoPro's plastered to every corner of my car or whatever car I end up driving. All these big HP claims and no numbers to back it up. Their car should have been trapping at 171+ last week, 7+ mph is outside the margin of error of DA or any other contributing factors. They seem to have an excuse for everything, they claim the ECU was limiting them??? How come it was not limiting them when they were on the dyno??? 787whp and it only ran a 10.7???? The Renntech Biturbo car went faster with far less HP. I have to laugh at some of you guys that are getting blinded by the AMS name, ya, their GT-R's are insane, I have had my *** handed to me by more than one of them but their AMG effort appears to be nothing more than smoke an mirrors, absolutely none of their claims add up thus far. The second someone else called them out in another thread they started with the limp mode and shut down early excuses LOL. I have made passes myself in the Weistec biturbo at the drag strip, at two 1/2 mile events, been to the dyno with it, raced against it with both of my Black Series at both the drag strip and 1/2 mile events and know exactly how much power it is making and exactly how it runs compared to my C, it flat out spanks my C BS now and therefore there is no way in hell the the AMS car which they are claiming make over 50 additional whp than the Wesitec car should be running equal mph with my C BS at the same event, on the same day under the same conditions, right?

I kinda feel bad pissing up their thread but their claims are simply outrageous. Please, please, pleeeease take me up on my offer.

Last edited by jrcart; 06-11-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by jrcart
Hmmmm.I did not notice any brake lights before the finish line nor did it appear the car went into limp mode. I thought you guys said you never made any clean passes and that is why it was trapping a such a low speed when Andrew and I questioned you in your other thread as to why you were not trapping higer than me at the Chicago 1/2 last weekend.

I would like to run your car heads up at the track and get to the bottom of the truth here. You claim you have the tunning figured out now so let's line up. After the race we can head back to your shop and throw both cars on your dyno just to see what numbers you guys comenup with. Mine will make 660-670whp so if yours is making 778 at the wheels you should get me by a few cars at the strip and be trapping 4-5mph quicker and both cars should 60 nearly identically.

Bottom line your E63 is not making the 778whp you claim. In your C thread on another forum you or someone from your company goes on and on about trap speed being the only true factor and dynos not meaning much, and I agree, so why is your E trapping so slow?

......and yes, I am calling you guys out. I live 20 or so minutes from your shop, we can do itnon the street but I would prefer Byron or Route 66, let me know what works for you and I will be there, any time after this Sunday works for me,:-)let's get to the bottom of this, pretty easy to prove me wrong, right?
Did you actually read our posts/threads?

Here is what we said in our post.

WHEN WE RAN SATURDAY (THE 164.7MPH) AND THE 135.78 MPH AT THE STRIP WE HAD THE POWER TURNED DOWN FROM THE 778WHP (WHICH WAS 764WHP SAE). SUNDAY I PUT IN SOME MORE BOOST AND IT WAS HITTING A LIMIT ON EVERY RUN.

Without giving too much away, you can run the car for a short period at higher boost levels (like a dyno run), but the ECU won't let it run like that for extended periods.

Why are you comparing your car to our car? The two cars have different aero, completely different weight (3800 lbs vs. our 4340 lbs). If you question our power level and speed what has Wesitec run with their car at the strip? Or what have they run at a standing start half mile event (like we ran)? No speculation stuff like you have been posting, but actual data and facts.

Our car ran 135.78 mph at probably 730-740whp level. The only mods were turbo upgrade, tune, and cat delete. What mods were done to the Renntech CLS (I saw spare tires up front in one vid btw)? If any of them have cooling or ice reservoir the car will be much more consistent at the end of the track than our car. We might have been making 730-740whp but maybe at the end it's down to 700whp from the stock cooling system?
I'm being honest and truthful and I have no issue with the other shops at all. You seem to have a big problem with us for some reason.

I'm not disputing anyone else's claims, or what mods they have on their car, or giving any excuses. We told everyone exactly what mods are on our car, provided all the facts and data, and even mentioned we were hitting a limiter when tuning the car. I think this is way more than other vendors are giving away.

-Martin Musial
Old 06-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
It was bone stock, I know the owner he lives in same city as me in the subdivision next to mine, his name is Drew.
You know that guy? That's strange because he's a customer of ours, we built him a GTR. That ZR1 has a pulley and a tune on it.

-Martin
Old 06-11-2013, 11:10 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
Old 06-11-2013, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You know that guy? That's strange because he's a customer of ours, we built him a GTR. That ZR1 has a pulley and a tune on it.

-Martin
My mistake, I thought it was Drews car, he also owns the same color ZR1, he was at the event and said he raced a black AMG.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
E55 amg
weistec has done some good stuff for AMG but judging how the ams gtrs perform I have a feeling when ams gets there tune or whatever etc.. in order they are going to be as fast as there GTRs... hopefully im right totally jcart when will u receive ur sls black ?
Old 06-11-2013, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Did you actually read our posts/threads?

Here is what we said in our post.

WHEN WE RAN SATURDAY (THE 164.7MPH) AND THE 135.78 MPH AT THE STRIP WE HAD THE POWER TURNED DOWN FROM THE 778WHP (WHICH WAS 764WHP SAE). SUNDAY I PUT IN SOME MORE BOOST AND IT WAS HITTING A LIMIT ON EVERY RUN.

Without giving too much away, you can run the car for a short period at higher boost levels (like a dyno run), but the ECU won't let it run like that for extended periods.

Why are you comparing your car to our car? The two cars have different aero, completely different weight (3800 lbs vs. our 4340 lbs). If you question our power level and speed what has Wesitec run with their car at the strip? Or what have they run at a standing start half mile event (like we ran)? No speculation stuff like you have been posting, but actual data and facts.

Our car ran 135.78 mph at probably 730-740whp level. The only mods were turbo upgrade, tune, and cat delete. What mods were done to the Renntech CLS (I saw spare tires up front in one vid btw)? If any of them have cooling or ice reservoir the car will be much more consistent at the end of the track than our car. We might have been making 730-740whp but maybe at the end it's down to 700whp from the stock cooling system?
I'm being honest and truthful and I have no issue with the other shops at all. You seem to have a big problem with us for some reason.

I'm not disputing anyone else's claims, or what mods they have on their car, or giving any excuses. We told everyone exactly what mods are on our car, provided all the facts and data, and even mentioned we were hitting a limiter when tuning the car. I think this is way more than other vendors are giving away.

-Martin Musial
I am not directly comparing my C to your E, what I am making a comparison to is how badly I lost to the Weistec 2012 E63 Biturbo making 50 less whp than you claim your E63 biturbo is making in a 1/2 mile event and the fact that your E was not trapping any faster than my C. it is a VERY logical deductive comparison. That would be like me saying I can beat on of your Alpha 12 GT-R's then losing to an Alpha 10 GT-R....that is how foolish you look right now and if you can not see it you should change your username to Stevie Wonder.

I can read and have been arounf the AMG tuning community for many many years so don't talk to me like I am some punk noob. You guys have contradicted yourselves a couple times now, this is not the only forum I frequent and have seen all of your posts.

FYI, I ran both from a dig and from a 40mph roll last week and went 163.82mph from the dig and 164.10 on the roll, the times are almost identical whether it be a dig or a roll so not sure why you are making such a stink about going from a dig. In fact most people trapped higher from a dig at that event, there is an entire thread on it on TCG if you do not believe me.
Here's a link if anyone wants to see the truth

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/foru...-dig-roll.html
Old 06-11-2013, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AMG E Power
weistec has done some good stuff for AMG but judging how the ams gtrs perform I have a feeling when ams gets there tune or whatever etc.. in order they are going to be as fast as there GTRs... hopefully im right totally jcart when will u receive ur sls black ?
AMS is an AMAZING tuner, what they have done with GT-R's is awesome. I gave them props in another thread. At the Shift Sector 1/2 mile event in April I made it into the final 4 cars of the Tuner Trophy Shootout with my CLK and lost to 3 Alpha GT-R's, trust me I know how fast those things are. What some of you guys need realize is that I have pushed my AMG builds further than anyone else on the planet, I have tracked my AMG's more than 99% of the people out there. I am VERY VERY familar with most of the AMG platforms out there and I know what is being done, the claims on their biturbo are not realistic. I am not attacking their C63 Alpha C claims because they look to be inline, their claims on this Biturbo are not realistic and i am not the only person talking about it, people were coming up to me at the Chicago 1/2 mile event laughing at AMS becasue their car was not trapping higher than my C knowing it damn well should have been trapping higher if their claimed 787whp claim was accurate. people have questioend it in other threads here and on another forum. It does not add up, that's all I am saying.

My SLS Black Series will be here in late August. I am getting the first one and it was supposed to be here early August but production has been delayed about three weeks on them according to a post from AMG on the AMG PL

Last edited by jrcart; 06-11-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
IMHO....

Jcart is making a fool of himself.
Show some respect, AMS is no Fabtech

If anyone is coming off disrespectful it is you.

It is great you are passionate about your cars and your tune, but lets keep it civil.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Worth the wait
IMHO....

Jcart is making a fool of himself.
Show some respect, AMS is no Fabtech

If anyone is coming off disrespectful it is you.

It is great you are passionate about your cars and your tune, but lets keep it civil.
you are entitled to your opinions. I guess time will tell who is making the fool of themself , pretty confident is will not be me.

Here is a fairly simple equation, let's discuss this. Let's take two 4400 pound cars with identical factory powerplants, let's say a 5.5L Biturbo, bolt-on a few extras to Car A that gives it a claimed 730whp and bolt-on a few goodies to car B that gives it claimed 787whp. My Texas Instruments calculator tells me Car B is making 57 more whp than car A. Which one should be faster?

I am not sure how else to paint this picture for those of you that can not see the discrepency in their hp claims.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
I am not directly comparing my C to your E, what I am making a comparison to is how badly I lost to the Weistec 2012 E63 Biturbo making 50 less whp than you claim your E63 biturbo is making in a 1/2 mile event and the fact that your E was not trapping any faster than my C. it is a VERY logical deductive comparison. That would be like me saying I can beat on of your Alpha 12 GT-R's then losing to an Alpha 10 GT-R....that is how foolish you look right now and if you can not see it you should change your username to Stevie Wonder.

I can read and have been arounf the AMG tuning community for many many years so don't talk to me like I am some punk noob. You guys have contradicted yourselves a couple times now, this is not the only forum I frequent and have seen all of your posts.

FYI, I ran both from a dig and from a 40mph roll last week and went 163.82mph from the dig and 164.10 on the roll, the times are almost identical whether it be a dig or a roll so not sure why you are making such a stink about going from a dig. In fact most people trapped higher from a dig at that event, there is an entire thread on it on TCG if you do not believe me.
Here's a link if anyone wants to see the truth

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/foru...-dig-roll.html
I really don't know how many more times we can say it but here goes one more... we did NOT run the car at the 1/2 mile nor at the drag strip at the 787whp mark we dynoed at! Why can't you understand that? We are not trying to talk to you like some "punk noob" but if you are not going to take the time to at least read our posts or comprehend what we are saying then what else can we do??

Being around the AMG tuning community for many years is great but we have been building cars for over a decade: GT-R's, Porsche's, BMW's, Audi R8's, Race cars, Drag cars...the list goes on. We simply would not be where we are today by lying or misleading people. This business is very good about purging the liars and con artists quite quickly thank God.

As far as your roll vs standing start I think we there is some confusion. The Chicago 1/2 mile event did indeed have a roll or standing start option. The reason why some cars would show similar trap speeds or even a higher trap with a standing start is because the standing start at that event was about 150-200ft farther away. The rolling start point was less than a 1/2 mile. So at THAT event there would not be much of a difference in a car like yours or one with a similar power to weight ratio. I can not speak to the shift sector event as I have no idea how their distance was measured or how that event was ran. Sadly when it comes to 1/2 mile racing there doesn't seem to be much of a governing body to assure all events are run the same. At the Chicago WannaGoFast event the 1/2 mile mark was between the drag tree and the finish line. The rolling cones to finish line were short of a 1/2 mile.

Clearly your allegiances are with other shops and that is fine. It's a big market and we are going to continue to put out our results and numbers like we have done with every other car we have worked on. The AMG line will be no different and our company motto of "Quality, Integrity and Results" will ring just as true. This isn't the first time we came into a market and were met with adversity. All we can do is continue to put our best foot forward and continue to operate with honesty. We wish you the best of luck with your AMG career ahead and hope your cars continue to provide you the results you are looking for. We are sorry you feel the way you do about our business, maybe one day we can help change your mind.

Eric

Last edited by AMS_Performance; 06-11-2013 at 12:16 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMS ALPHA 9 1/2 mile video! E63 Vs ZR1