Sponsored by:

Spark Plug Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 07:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E63, LS600
Spark Plug Issues

I am having issues with my spark plugs on my E63. I have broken 2 sets of plugs so far on my car and that is the only major issue that I have been having with the car. The first time I had the car towed to the dealership because I was sure that I blew it up, I was really worried that they would find out that the car was tuned and my warranty would be void. It ended up that a spark plug was broken so I had them change all of them and the car was fine.

I broke another spark plug but this time I limped the car home instead of dealing with the tow truck and I changed them myself. I installed non-mercedes plugs and they fouled out so now I am back on the Mercedes plug again but I don't know how long they will last. I keep tools and some spare plugs in my trunk now.

How many people are having these problems. I have talked to 3 people so far that have had the same problem and we are all on the same tune. If anyone else has had these problems can you tell me what tune you are using? I want to see if the tune has anything to do with it even though I highly doubt it.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black '10 E63
What year is your car and what tune are you running? How far apart are your plugs failing (days, weeks, months)?

I have an M156 engine with eurocharge tune and I have not had a spark plug fail (stock plugs).
Old 07-08-2013, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML63
I had the same situation. Got the car towed as well. Now i have the tune and spark plugs from Renntech and no issues. If u look on the forum there are bunch of threads where people where having same problems with cars that were made between certain dates and they had bad spark plugs.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C218 CLS63TT PP Edition1, W213 E63S
replace them with step 8 spark plugs NGK or step 9 loke mine and no problem, especially if your car is 2012 which doesn't have the addtional split cooling stuff.

or go with step 8 NGK and add aditional coolings to the car and split it.

the plugs foul due to heat.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
Originally Posted by Jshinone
I am having issues with my spark plugs on my E63. I have broken 2 sets of plugs so far on my car and that is the only major issue that I have been having with the car. The first time I had the car towed to the dealership because I was sure that I blew it up, I was really worried that they would find out that the car was tuned and my warranty would be void. It ended up that a spark plug was broken so I had them change all of them and the car was fine.

I broke another spark plug but this time I limped the car home instead of dealing with the tow truck and I changed them myself. I installed non-mercedes plugs and they fouled out so now I am back on the Mercedes plug again but I don't know how long they will last. I keep tools and some spare plugs in my trunk now.

How many people are having these problems. I have talked to 3 people so far that have had the same problem and we are all on the same tune. If anyone else has had these problems can you tell me what tune you are using? I want to see if the tune has anything to do with it even though I highly doubt it.
the tune is causing the issues. I beleive most of the guys on the forums have had spark plug issues with their tunes. Get the colder plugs and that should fix the issues. I have heard that some had replaced the plugs and still having mis fires