Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 09:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 908 Likes on 638 Posts
E63S | X5
Wheel offset question

Hey guys,

I tried searching but didn't really find anything specific to the e63 amg with regards to wheel offsets. Also looked through "the official picture thread" but I think this sub-forum could use an "Official wheel thread" such as the c63 sub-forum.

I have an 09 c63 right now and looking to upgrade to a 10 e63. I feel as though that is a better car. I also have a 135i that I'd be getting rid of as well so overall I end up saving some money. I'm only 23 and found that I end up just favoring 1 car anyway so the other one is just a paper weight. Solution, e63.

To the point...

I currently have a set of ADV's for my C63. I know (or assume) that I can't just swap them over because of the offsets so I am looking for a little input. I'm thinking the fronts might still work? Need some advice.

Here is what I have:

Front: 19x9 +40
Rear: 19x10.5 +52

Thoughts on fitment? For reference I am including a picture of how they sit on my C63 which is how I would like them to sit on the e63 as well after a drop. Speaking of drop, H&R springs a favorite option in the e world as well?

I have to send one bent wheel back to ADV to get fixed anyway so I will see if they can't just work something out with using my current wheels to make new wheels for the E.

Here is how they sit on my C:

Front:

Rear:

Sorry if there is already a place for this kind of info. I tried looking around and just couldn't seem to find it. Also, I compared specs on the 1010tires wheel offset calculator on OEM e63 offset vs my ADV offsets.

Here is what I found for OEM offsets:

19x9 +37
19x9.5 +52

So based off that the fronts would retract 3mm and have 3mm less clearance for the strut

The rears seem hopeless. They'd extend 13mm and have 13mm less clearance which is substantial.

Thoughts?

Maybe I should just look into selling my ADV wheels to a C63 guy and then just have a different set of wheels all together made. The problem is one of the wheels does have to get fixed so maybe I just offer up a price 3/4 of what they would reasonably sell for?

Thanks for they help in advance.

PS. Start an "Official Wheel Thread" in here!! Or at least I'll see if I can't get one fired up upon the arrival of my E63. Waiting for my family dealer to find me one and get it up here already.

Last edited by CarHopper; 08-16-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
This forum, as well as the CLS forum, likely don't have an "official wheel thread" since the traffic here is not as high as that of the C63. At the same time, maybe there's the "older crowd" nature of the E class that causes most owners here to just stick with the stock wheels.

I'm not well-versed at all with wheel fitment but I'm sure you will get lots of knowledgeable opinions pretty soon. As you probably know, the wheels might not fit and clear even if the offsets are the same.

By the way, welcome to the few remaining M156 powered E63's.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
As much as I'd love a M157 I just can't afford it. I think, however, I may consider it to be a nice gift to myself when I graduate college in the next few years

I figured the crowd over here would be a little further into life but I am halfway surprised by the wheel interest or lack there of.

No worries, I'll dabble into it and probably set up some type of fitment guide anyway.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black '10 E63
Here's what I'm running with no rubbing or issues: Vorsteiner V160's

FRONT 19x9 ET 38
REAR 19x10 ET 40
Old 08-17-2013, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^ Have any pictures? Specifically of how set in from the fender the wheel is? Also, you lowered? and if so, on what?

Thanks
Old 08-17-2013, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black '10 E63
KW lowering springs in front and adjustable rear links in back. The offsets above work for the 19's. For 20's, the offsets would be different obviously. Best to work with one of the more reputed vendors who have done countless installs with the E63's. Vorsteiner, HRE, ADV, et al will be able to best advise on max concavity and offsets by wheel size.
Attached Thumbnails Wheel offset question-photo.jpg   Wheel offset question-photo-1-.jpg   Wheel offset question-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 08-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
2018 C63S
Originally Posted by sikm3
KW lowering springs in front and adjustable rear links in back. The offsets above work for the 19's. For 20's, the offsets would be different obviously. Best to work with one of the more reputed vendors who have done countless installs with the E63's. Vorsteiner, HRE, ADV, et al will be able to best advise on max concavity and offsets by wheel size.
Hey whats up guys mycname is Paul im the rep for Need 4 Speed.

The Vorsteiner setup is spot on !!!!!

I like the way they look

I have to compliment you on your spot on information.

Depending on the overall size of the wheel the offsets vary accordingly with the vehicle and also based on the wheel and a few other facts that play in there.

Also if you looking for a more concave setup the offset will be lower to accommodate that.

If you guys inform me if you have a specific brand and style your looking into i can definitely supply all the information needed.

Or you guys can shoot me a PM and ill answer all the questions also .