Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All weather floor mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 05:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E63 S-AMG

Last edited by Bad Man; 01-16-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,001 Likes on 808 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
Not a fan of the Weathertech's either. They don't seem to fit the nature of the car and look cheap compared to others on the market. The Weathertech's are very durable and well made but, again, to me they don't fit the character of an MB and meld better with a Chevy truck with full vinyl interior if that makes sense?
Old 01-12-2019, 12:27 PM

Received 280 Likes on 218 Posts
E63S
Originally Posted by Bad Man
Lol, Someone sure likes their Weathertechs!

I'm not exactly sure what they are made of. You should be able to find that out on their website. The are non-permeable, but are pliable and thicker than the Weatertechs we have in my Son's car. The raised areas are firm with minimal give when pressed, but basically feel the same as the flat areas. Bottom side reminds me of the carpet in my car.

In an earlier post "allenjdmb" correctly pointed out that even though the name is TuxMat, they are liners like the Weathertech. So you could spill your bottle of water and it would be contained. I also think the sides might go up higher on the TuxMat since they meet the bottom of the center console on both sides, but have a cutout for the map net on the passenger side. The back side that sits in front of the seat doesn't have a high side that protrudes up like the Weathertech, but when they are installed it would contain water the way designed. If you were so inclined, you can hose these off also.

I don't have any type of stake in the company that sells TuxMat. I just like the non-utilitarian look of the TuxMat versus the Weathertech for my car. They dress up the interior while doing what they are designed to do very well. Some of the other liners I saw were really nice, but kind of jumped the shark for our interiors. The looked like they belonged more in a Ferrari or Lambo instead of an E63 and the price reflected same.
Originally Posted by BlownV8
Not a fan of the Weathertech's either. They don't seem to fit the nature of the car and look cheap compared to others on the market. The Weathertech's are very durable and well made but, again, to me they don't fit the character of an MB and meld better with a Chevy truck with full vinyl interior if that makes sense?
Trust me, I get no kick backs from weathertech either! I wish! Anyhow, I sincerely didn't mean any hate nor did I mean to sound like I was bashing the ones you have. I totally get what you guys mean by the weathertechs not suiting the character of a E class (IMO only OEM floor mats would aesthetically do it for me); but, also, a lot of people would think that lowering and fitting wide wheels and tires on a E class would not complement the form nor function of this car... I am on that other end of the spectrum. I simply feel the "deep dish/ tray" design of the weathertechs are way more utilitarian, as you put it.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rehabguy:
Faast (01-19-2024), JettaRed (01-20-2024)
Old 01-12-2019, 06:44 PM

2014 E63 S-AMG
Old 01-15-2019, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
14 E63S Sedan
Thanks to the forum for solid recommendations. I recently got the TuxMat front & rear one piece mats & 3D Maxpider trunk liner. The TuxMat rear mat needed a little work to get the mats to go under the seat rail & ensure the mat stayed under the front seat when they are moved all the way back. I will keep an eye on those areas to ensure the mat does not get caught. So far I am very pleased with the TuxMat front & rear liners. I did not install the Retention Hook System that came with the TuxMat, which has a large pin that goes through the oem floor covering as I did not want to put a hole in this. I plan to cut off the pin and just use use plastic part to plug the hole on the drivers side TuxMat. I also have not yet installed the clips & velcro and even without them the TuxMats fit snug and don't move around.
The 3D Maxpider trunk liner is also very nice, fits well, looks nice, has nice surface texture that should reduce some sliding around of objects in the trunk and should offer good protection.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:34 AM

2014 E63 S-AMG
TuxMat must have changed their retention system design. At least I don’t recall on my 2014 E63 any hole or a pin that went through carpet. A couple small slip clips were included that could be placed anywhere as needed on TuxMat along trans tunnel, or door sill, but that’s about it on mine. I used one of the clips on drivers side trans tunnel.

The rear TuxMat fits my car like a glove and there is no movement, or interference with front seat movement.

Good to hear you like them so far. Mine have held up well.
Old 01-18-2024, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E 63 S
Back from the dead bump, but I figured it’s a 2 for 1.

Does the W212 E63 S come with a dead pedal?? It’s new to me and mine is absent. It even looks like there may be a hole in the carpet (where there was one). If yes, is there a part number? I get a bunch of weird after-market looking result when I Google it.

And, how did the TuxMat hold up? Seeing as this is 5 years old. I’ve put WeatherTech in all my cars, but it looks pretty cool!
Old 01-19-2024, 07:10 PM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts
'06 E55
I have weathertechs and I am fairly pleased with them but then again, I never drive it in any inclement weather so I might just replace them with the OEM one's LOL
Old 01-19-2024, 11:08 PM

Received 280 Likes on 218 Posts
E63S
Originally Posted by Darth_Katarina

Does the W212 E63 S come with a dead pedal?? It’s new to me and mine is absent. It even looks like there may be a hole in the carpet (where there was one). If yes, is there a part number? I get a bunch of weird after-market looking result when I Google it.

And, how did the TuxMat hold up? Seeing as this is 5 years old. I’ve put WeatherTech in all my cars, but it looks pretty cool!

Does come with dead pedal.
Old 01-20-2024, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,156 Likes on 892 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500, 2004 Audi TT225
Originally Posted by BlownV8
Interesting. I have genuine Mercedes all-weather floormats and they look just like WeatherTech, but with the Mercedes emblem.
Old 01-21-2024, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JettaRed
Interesting. I have genuine Mercedes all-weather floormats and they look just like WeatherTech, but with the Mercedes emblem.
They are the same. Just because MB made a marketing deal with a third-party company so they can sell an overpriced version doesn't necessarily make it the best product. Just means they make more money.

Weathertech's do not go high enough so you have mud and debris that get's behind the mat unless you have kid size feet. That and they look cheap. I had them too before better products were released.

Last edited by BlownV8; 01-21-2024 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-21-2024, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Actually, I think the street price for WeatherTech and Mercedes are close to the same. I think there may be confusion between a Floor Liner and All-Weather Floor Mats. My Mercedes rubber mats are like the WeatherTech all-weather mats, not liners. I like 'em, but I don't drive an SUV. I have a 2000 Ford F150 with a quarter million miles for hauling crap.

Floor Liner

All-Weather Floor Mat
Old 01-21-2024, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So, yeah, the all-weather floor mats do not offer protection on the sides but do go higher in the back. The MAXpider 3d not only look much better, not like something you would put in an Ford Econoline van, and offer more protection than the weather tech product.
Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider Custom Fit KAGU Floor Mat (BLACK) for 2014-2018 MERCEDES-BENZ E-CLASS SEDAN/CLS-CLASS - 1ST ROW : Automotive Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider Custom Fit KAGU Floor Mat (BLACK) for 2014-2018 MERCEDES-BENZ E-CLASS SEDAN/CLS-CLASS - 1ST ROW : Automotive
The MAXpider for the GL/GLS/GLE are really great and go over the door threshold so you stop the migration of the dirt and keep the threshold from getting scratched. Again, former Weathertech fan, still have them in my garage, but not in my vehicles. There a better looking and better performing products than Weathertech.
Old 01-21-2024, 04:49 PM

Received 595 Likes on 267 Posts
poop
Mine came with these 3d brand ones. they fit great, look better than the weathertechs.
I don't use them tho, if anyone wants them, I'll sell them

Old 01-21-2024, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It appears 3D doesn't make mats for either my SL or C-Class.
Old 01-22-2024, 04:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E 63 S
Originally Posted by kenneyd
Mine came with these 3d brand ones. they fit great, look better than the weathertechs.
I don't use them tho, if anyone wants them, I'll sell them
I know I can order off Amazon, but I feel like I want to get them from a famous YouTube guy.

It also looks like most choices cover up a big portion of the dead pedal area, so my missing dead pedal will bother me less.
Old 01-22-2024, 04:59 PM

Received 595 Likes on 267 Posts
poop
I know I can order off Amazon, but I feel like I want to get them from a famous YouTube guy.

It also looks like most choices cover up a big portion of the dead pedal area, so my missing dead pedal will bother me less.
Haha, famous lol
Well, mojo already bought them
The following users liked this post:
Mojo20032004 (01-22-2024)
Old 02-03-2024, 10:14 AM

14 E63S Sedan
TuxMats review after 5 & 4 years on 2 vehicles

I am very happy with how the TuxMats held up and they have more coverage on the sides, front, back of the floormats than WeatherTech, 3D Maxpider, Husky and OEM floormats. You have to spend more time installing them with the clips, double sided velcro to get a secure tight fit against the floor of the car, center console, sill plates and due to that you may Not want to take them in and out frequently. For the E63 I spent some time ensuring the front & back TuxMats were tight against the floor in the area of the seat tracks to ensure the seat tracks don't scratch / gouge the TuxMat when moved forward & backward to furthest points. When I first installed them, I did Not do this for the passenger side front TuxMat and when I moved the seat all the way forward to install the rear TuxMats the seat track scratched through the first layer of TuxMat material. At the time I thought it was a defective mat and contacted TuxMat and they sent me a new front passenger mat for free. I liked the TuxMats so much, I bought a full set for my son's 15 Mazda 6 (almost 4 years old) and my Mom bought a full set for her 2021 Honda Accord sedan. I did not have this seat track clearance issue with the Mazda 6 or Honda Accord. If you take time to do the install and ensure the TuxMat is installed securely, I think they are Excellent. For cleaning, I vacuum, use a rag and some type of mild spray cleaner, like green to clean and wipe them down. If I was installing them in a Jeep or vehicle that I wanted to hose the mats off or take them out every week, then I would get something different. My wife was not crazy about the look of the TuxMats so she has Weathertech HP Floorliners for all 3 rows and likes them, but they don't look as nice and have less coverage and protection. The WeatherTech HP Floorliners are significantly nicer (more pliable) than the older plain Floorliners (plastic like) and are my 2nd choice for full coverage floormats and I like they are made in U.S. I have the 3D Maxpider trunk mat for the E63 as TuxMat did not offer a trunk mat and I like that. I have No affiliation and Don't receive any free products or any other kickbacks from TuxMat.
The following users liked this post:
Darth_Katarina (02-03-2024)
Old 02-04-2024, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 152 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Originally Posted by JettaRed
Actually, I think the street price for WeatherTech and Mercedes are close to the same. I think there may be confusion between a Floor Liner and All-Weather Floor Mats. My Mercedes rubber mats are like the WeatherTech all-weather mats, not liners. I like 'em, but I don't drive an SUV. I have a 2000 Ford F150 with a quarter million miles for hauling crap.

Floor Liner

All-Weather Floor Mat

I'd get the WeatherTech mats and cut off the Dead Pedal part. Amazon and WeatherTech both $124.95 plus tax. (WeatheTech.com is $109.95 plus $15 shipping plus tax)

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by E55 KEV; 02-04-2024 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-13-2024, 10:17 PM

2016 E63S
Originally Posted by rhukster
As suspected the floor mats arrived, and they were the standard E-Class ones with the extra flap on the left where the AMG mats are cut out for the dead-pedal. I laid the AMG mats on top and they are exactly the same shape except that protruburance. 2 seconds with the stanley knife and i cut that bit off the new all-weather mat. Fits in just perfect now.

I did the same thing, works great