Notices
W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All weather floor mats

Old 01-11-2019, 05:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E63 S-AMG

Last edited by Bad Man; 01-16-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 184 Posts
E55, SL600, GL450, GL63
Not a fan of the Weathertech's either. They don't seem to fit the nature of the car and look cheap compared to others on the market. The Weathertech's are very durable and well made but, again, to me they don't fit the character of an MB and meld better with a Chevy truck with full vinyl interior if that makes sense?
Old 01-12-2019, 12:27 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
E63S
Originally Posted by Bad Man View Post
Lol, Someone sure likes their Weathertechs!

I'm not exactly sure what they are made of. You should be able to find that out on their website. The are non-permeable, but are pliable and thicker than the Weatertechs we have in my Son's car. The raised areas are firm with minimal give when pressed, but basically feel the same as the flat areas. Bottom side reminds me of the carpet in my car.

In an earlier post "allenjdmb" correctly pointed out that even though the name is TuxMat, they are liners like the Weathertech. So you could spill your bottle of water and it would be contained. I also think the sides might go up higher on the TuxMat since they meet the bottom of the center console on both sides, but have a cutout for the map net on the passenger side. The back side that sits in front of the seat doesn't have a high side that protrudes up like the Weathertech, but when they are installed it would contain water the way designed. If you were so inclined, you can hose these off also.

I don't have any type of stake in the company that sells TuxMat. I just like the non-utilitarian look of the TuxMat versus the Weathertech for my car. They dress up the interior while doing what they are designed to do very well. Some of the other liners I saw were really nice, but kind of jumped the shark for our interiors. The looked like they belonged more in a Ferrari or Lambo instead of an E63 and the price reflected same.
Originally Posted by BlownV8 View Post
Not a fan of the Weathertech's either. They don't seem to fit the nature of the car and look cheap compared to others on the market. The Weathertech's are very durable and well made but, again, to me they don't fit the character of an MB and meld better with a Chevy truck with full vinyl interior if that makes sense?
Trust me, I get no kick backs from weathertech either! I wish! Anyhow, I sincerely didn't mean any hate nor did I mean to sound like I was bashing the ones you have. I totally get what you guys mean by the weathertechs not suiting the character of a E class (IMO only OEM floor mats would aesthetically do it for me); but, also, a lot of people would think that lowering and fitting wide wheels and tires on a E class would not complement the form nor function of this car... I am on that other end of the spectrum. I simply feel the "deep dish/ tray" design of the weathertechs are way more utilitarian, as you put it.
Old 01-12-2019, 06:44 PM

2014 E63 S-AMG
Old 01-15-2019, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14 E63S Sedan
Thanks to the forum for solid recommendations. I recently got the TuxMat front & rear one piece mats & 3D Maxpider trunk liner. The TuxMat rear mat needed a little work to get the mats to go under the seat rail & ensure the mat stayed under the front seat when they are moved all the way back. I will keep an eye on those areas to ensure the mat does not get caught. So far I am very pleased with the TuxMat front & rear liners. I did not install the Retention Hook System that came with the TuxMat, which has a large pin that goes through the oem floor covering as I did not want to put a hole in this. I plan to cut off the pin and just use use plastic part to plug the hole on the drivers side TuxMat. I also have not yet installed the clips & velcro and even without them the TuxMats fit snug and don't move around.
The 3D Maxpider trunk liner is also very nice, fits well, looks nice, has nice surface texture that should reduce some sliding around of objects in the trunk and should offer good protection.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:34 AM

2014 E63 S-AMG
TuxMat must have changed their retention system design. At least I don’t recall on my 2014 E63 any hole or a pin that went through carpet. A couple small slip clips were included that could be placed anywhere as needed on TuxMat along trans tunnel, or door sill, but that’s about it on mine. I used one of the clips on drivers side trans tunnel.

The rear TuxMat fits my car like a glove and there is no movement, or interference with front seat movement.

Good to hear you like them so far. Mine have held up well.