W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last minute lease check for November

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Lots of good infos here to learn a thing or two even for people like me who don't lease. Subscribed.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63 S
I am paying .00185 autopay on my e63s that I leased in September. Has the mf changed?
Old 11-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by captlst
I am paying .00185 autopay on my e63s that I leased in September. Has the mf changed?
No, its still .00195 for auto approval and .00185 for auto pay under that approval program.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:23 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 G63 AMG
Some interesting points of thought here....my $.02....

First of all there is no such thing as an "auto approval rate" they are making that up. Yes, you can be auto approved when they submit your deal to MBF but that doesnt mean you cant get Tier 1+ without it being "auto approved". The business manager can call it in and verify any missing or questionable information and get it approved at what you should qualify for based on the information provided. This rate also isnt always score specific. Although having a 750+ score is helpful, other variables determine the tier such as your payment history with MBF, how many leases you have had prior and more. It is an internal formula that is based on the applicants credit history, it has nothing to do with being "auto approved" or not.

I worked for a public company a few years ago that owned a Mercedes dealership, and just like anything else, they could make calls in as "favors" for select clients at their discretion and get "tier bumps" to better their bottom line and profit margins (because that is how they get paid). For example, they would have a knowledgable buyer such as ourselves that would know the details of leasing, give them a story about not being "auto approved" show them the approval, sell you the lease at the higher MF, then call it in for a bump and use the better approval to increase their bottom line. Is it ethical? No. Does it make them more money? Yes, and that unfortunately their job. We as the consumer may have access to more information today, but we never really have all of it....

Also, if I lived in NYC, I would never buy anything. Aside from it being a pain logistically to sell when the time was right, you still have a car that was driven and registered in NYC, and I dont care if you have a butler wiping it down every hour, its still bumped with pot holes, car doors, snow, salt and crap for 3 years. Being able to just hand a car over and get another one without any hassles and knowing exactly what it will cost you over the term of ownership is pretty valuable to me.

Last edited by JJCTHE1; 11-14-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by JJCTHE1
Some interesting points of thought here....my $.02....

First of all there is no such thing as an "auto approval rate" they are making that up. Yes, you can be auto approved when they submit your deal to MBF but that doesnt mean you cant get Tier 1+ without it being "auto approved". The business manager can call it in and verify any missing or questionable information and get it approved at what you should qualify for based on the information provided. This rate also isnt always score specific. Although having a 750+ score is helpful, other variables determine the tier such as your payment history with MBF, how many leases you have had prior and more. It is an internal formula that is based on the applicants credit history, it has nothing to do with being "auto approved" or not.
I agree here 100% perhaps I wasnt clear and was only speaking about one side of the approval process. I speak to the auto approval because its how most tier A1 (lowest std buyrate) occurs but there are tier A1 deals that require analyst intervention. And you are right you can call in and get an analyst to make the adjustment if there are mitigating factors. My comments about scorecards earlier and how many characteristics affect the decisioning process goes to your point about the internal formula. If an applicant comes in at Tier 1 (not A1) the analyst can not just bump the applicant; they can run another bureau to see if the score card upgrades and moves that applicant to Tier A1 or they can fiddle with the structure too if the structure is the factor pulling the deal out of A1 status (but they arent supposed to). I deal with a lot stores including the largest MBZ store in the country.

Last edited by Vic55; 11-14-2013 at 01:10 PM.