Sponsored by:

ACCELERATION!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14 E350 Sedan
ACCELERATION!!!

What's up everyone. Just have a question about this. I used to have a C6 ZO6, and with 505 HP, and lots of torque, and a light weight vehicle, when the gas pedal is applied mid way or even just barely applying pressure, you can already feel the car planting you to the seat as you accelerate thru the gears. Reason why I ask this is I am contemplating between a GTR or an E63. Though I havent test drove the GTR, I want to know from any of you if the feeling is the same. Does a 2014 E63 have the LOW, and or MID range torque you can feel to get up and go? Does it have turbo lag? Or does it start pulling from the beginning of the rpm rev band?? My girlfriend has the C250, and knowing that it's not in the same league and I know that is turbo in itself, but I notice that when I drive her car, even in sport mode, there is a lag from 1200rpm, till you hit about 3000rpm then it goes. So give me the heads up guys, does it accelerate like a bat out of hell, or No???
Old 01-19-2014, 12:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'12 E63 Wagon
I have an 08 Z06.

The 2014 E63S is roughly as fast 0-100, but the Z does it with a little more drama (2wd).

In my personal opinion the Z is a little faster after 70mph because its much lighter (mine is 3090 without me).

The 2014 E63 is ridiculously fast in a straight line with little or no lag, once you put in the right mode. If you are the type to get a tune (and take the warranty hassles), then with a tune alone the car can surpass a stock Z06 and potentially keep up with a GTR.

That said, the GTR and the E63S are very very different cars when you arent WOT.

You should probably choose based on those other differences. (2/4-door, Japanese/German, uncomfortable/luxury, incredible track capability/luxury, etc)
Old 01-19-2014, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 AMG GTS
if your looking for an all around great car with crazy fast speed get the E63, the biggest complaint that ive heard from people that i know that have owned GTR's is that they miss the feeling inside of luxury car, ex, i have a friend who got rid of his f10 m5 for one and has ever since missed the bmw, i drove one and loved it, but couldnt drive it daily, id need a german car to compliment that! As for the comparison to your Z06, the E63 will beat it to 60 no doubt, talking 3.3-3.5 but after that the vette will catch up due to the mercedes having awd, ive been in a manual Z06 and my 63 feels faster, but id love to see a side by side race. The E63 is amazing and has a ton of low to mid range torque, its an around town monster!!

Hope this helps!
Old 01-19-2014, 01:36 AM

E63
I recently went car shopping and drove a lot of different vehicles. I had an open mind and set a pretty accommodating price limit with no real brand affinity... I'm also 28 and the exotic sports cars really appeal to me. I like cars that have that rush of acceleration and the E63 really made an impression. The Z06 is no slouch but unless it was modified heavily, you're not giving up anything in the E63 for that punchy acceleration. The throttle response is fantastic, the 5.5 liters and direct injection basically eliminate the turbo lag.

What did it for me is the level of luxury, performance and practicality all with the perk of being able to throw a tune on and be knocking out 10 second 1/4 miles. Watch the AMS E63 obliterate a tuned ZR-1 in the standing mile! Personally I liked the hooligan RWD factor and more appealing (to me) styling of the 2012 and 2013, but I did enjoy the AWD 2014. The GTR was on my list but it just seemed like a cheap car with a genius power train. I tried the M5 and S6 (no RS7s available at the time) and was a fan but not lovestruck like I was with the E. I remember turning on the seat massage and then pulling a WOT pull that just knocked my socks off, and then making up my mind that it was the car.

Downsides - the MCT auto is quick but not that aggressive. But neck snapping shifts are probably not what the average purchaser wants. Also, my friends say it's a grampa car, at least until we go for a ride. Personally, I'm glad I didn't buy a Gallardo or something like that in the end because of the image it gives, I'm a pretty low key guy.

Take one for a burn and see what you think!
Old 01-19-2014, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 AMG GTS
^^^couldnt of said it better myself! i had a salesman try and tell me that my E was an old mans car, and that i shouldve taken his CLS63 S. By no means is this is an old mans car! Im also low key and young as well, and dont like attention, i love gallardo's such a great car! but way to much attention. My dad hates all the attention he receives in his bentley, so i understand where your coming from! Nice choice, enjoy your E63
Old 01-20-2014, 01:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2021 G63 & 2022 G63
Originally Posted by BombSquad
I recently went car shopping and drove a lot of different vehicles. I had an open mind and set a pretty accommodating price limit with no real brand affinity... I'm also 28 and the exotic sports cars really appeal to me. I like cars that have that rush of acceleration and the E63 really made an impression. The Z06 is no slouch but unless it was modified heavily, you're not giving up anything in the E63 for that punchy acceleration. The throttle response is fantastic, the 5.5 liters and direct injection basically eliminate the turbo lag.

What did it for me is the level of luxury, performance and practicality all with the perk of being able to throw a tune on and be knocking out 10 second 1/4 miles. Watch the AMS E63 obliterate a tuned ZR-1 in the standing mile! Personally I liked the hooligan RWD factor and more appealing (to me) styling of the 2012 and 2013, but I did enjoy the AWD 2014. The GTR was on my list but it just seemed like a cheap car with a genius power train. I tried the M5 and S6 (no RS7s available at the time) and was a fan but not lovestruck like I was with the E. I remember turning on the seat massage and then pulling a WOT pull that just knocked my socks off, and then making up my mind that it was the car.

Downsides - the MCT auto is quick but not that aggressive. But neck snapping shifts are probably not what the average purchaser wants. Also, my friends say it's a grampa car, at least until we go for a ride. Personally, I'm glad I didn't buy a Gallardo or something like that in the end because of the image it gives, I'm a pretty low key guy.

Take one for a burn and see what you think!
One reason I got rid of the Panamera…too much attention. Wanted to get back to the "low key" feeling I had with the C63. The E63 is perfect in that regard.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche 911 Turbo S 2014! E63S 14, Audi S8 13, CLS63 12, E550 12, C63 09, all tuned
I recently took my E63S tuned only to PBIR track day event. Nobody was on the track except me and a stock new Mustang Shelby. I was amazed how easily the E63S was to drive on the track, and it utterly destroyed the Shelby.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:23 AM

'14 E63S, '13 GT-R, '97 993TT
I have both a '13 GT-R and a '14 E63S and to answer your specific question, the GT-R has tons of grunt down low with no perceptible lag; however, cross-shopping these two cars seems a bit odd.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'11 911 Turbo S, '15 HELLCAT, '07 Escalade, '15 Sienna
I have a '09 tuned bolt on gtr, 552 awhp, 582 awtq. Very conservative tune. I have a '13 e63 w 628 rwhp and 722 rwtq. Both tuned on same dyno. With the far less hp and tq numbers the gtr feels just as fast and definately faster from a stop. They are 2 totally diff cars as already pointed out.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 AMG GTS
yes 2 different cars going after different things...in a perfect world id own both!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
PORSCHE PANAMERA TURBO LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO SL600 E55 BRABUS*SOLD*
Originally Posted by OWLY
One reason I got rid of the Panamera…too much attention. Wanted to get back to the "low key" feeling I had with the C63. The E63 is perfect in that regard.
yep
when the panamera's are done up right they've got a TON of curb appeal