OE tuning this question is for you :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 02:50 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
e63 amg w212 6.3
OE tuning this question is for you :)

Hi,
I was looking at different ecu tunes vs dyno tunes... I came across your tuning company and noticed the power gains the e63 gets, 31hp.
As far as my understanding goes a stock e63 amg produces 276kw at the wheels which is 370whp.
Converting your power range to wheel horse power the car will be getting 21-23whp as doing the right calculation 27% of the power is lost .
While a custom dyno tune gives an e63 amg gives the 28whp
Now your wondering where I am going with this and here are my questions:

When you guys make your tune do you dyno test it?
If you do dyno test it, why don't you put up the accurate WHP the car is obtaining from it?
What method do you use to obtain the results you post on your website and would it be wise to go with a generic tune from you guys or a custom dyno tune to suit the modifications I have in my amg?

Hope to hear from you guys soon or anyone else that can answer me these
Old 04-17-2014, 02:23 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
W212 E63 Tuning

Originally Posted by faz492
Hi,
I was looking at different ecu tunes vs dyno tunes... I came across your tuning company and noticed the power gains the e63 gets, 31hp.
As far as my understanding goes a stock e63 amg produces 276kw at the wheels which is 370whp.
Converting your power range to wheel horse power the car will be getting 21-23whp as doing the right calculation 27% of the power is lost .
While a custom dyno tune gives an e63 amg gives the 28whp
Now your wondering where I am going with this and here are my questions:

When you guys make your tune do you dyno test it?
If you do dyno test it, why don't you put up the accurate WHP the car is obtaining from it?
What method do you use to obtain the results you post on your website and would it be wise to go with a generic tune from you guys or a custom dyno tune to suit the modifications I have in my amg?

Hope to hear from you guys soon or anyone else that can answer me these
The figures quoted on the website are extremely conservative. We find that based on expectations we can always over deliver. Rather than the opposite that can cause heartbreak.
In relation to dynos and the derived numbers, there are many white papers you can research to explain this in more detail. We use all makes of dyno to test our products. Some read high (super high in some instances) and vise versa, also very low by comparison. The only way you can compare "horses for courses" is to look at percentual gains at a said rpm. This can be applied to the official factory quoted output to calculate gains at the flywheel. This is how we do it, as engine dynoing is impractical in this day and age and nearly impossible to do for everyday road going vehicles.

Here are some results for W212 E63 with M156:

http://oetuning.com/blog/?p=186

http://oetuning.com/blog/?p=224

Please feel free to email sales@oetuning.com or call 818-574-5075 if have any further questions.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:15 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
e63 amg w212 6.3
You may have convinced me to buy your tune in the future
Old 04-18-2014, 12:27 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Originally Posted by faz492
You may have convinced me to buy your tune in the future
Sounds great! Please feel free to contact the shop directly when you are ready to order and a trained representative.