W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Leaky seal on new supercharger bearing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2014 | 11:28 PM

sl55
Question Leaky seal on new supercharger bearing?

I am wondering if any one here had recently purchased and installed a supercharger pulley/bearing kit from Eurocharged? I did, and installed it on the low mileage (22k) one owner 06 E55 I had recently purchased. I also had them flash my ECU and TCU at the same time. The next day after installing the pulley I popped off the engine cover to admire the new heart in my beast and I noticed that it looked as if the new bearing was throwing grease up onto the bottom side of the cover. I thought that maybe it was some assembly lube that they had used to install the bearing into the pulley, so I cleaned it off and proceeded to run the car another 100 or so miles before checking it again. Sure enough it was a leaky seal on the new bearing. I contacted Eurocharged and they promptly replaced the set up. I installed the new set and sent back the first set and the same thing is happening again. Eurocharged is at a loss, John said that after receiving the one I had sent back that it was in fact a leaky bearing seal, but that I was the first that they had seen, but now a second one? Bad run of bearing seals? Has anyone else here recently installed a new pulley set up from Eurocharged in TX or had a new bearing leak grease? Thanks
Old 07-09-2014 | 11:58 PM

sl55
My bad...posted this in the wrong place.