Sponsored by:

Saturday must be race day in TX...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 01:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2021 G63
Saturday must be race day in TX...

Last Saturday morning on the way to the donut shop, I had a new vet want to race me. This morning on the way back from the gym, I pulled up to a light (3 lanes in the burbs, with NO traffic) and to my left was a Porsche GT3 (I think RS...grey, huge fin, red wheels, red role cage) & to my right..a four door CTS V. This NEVER happens. So the GT3 revved his engine and it was ON. Light turned green and I pulled on both of them. We raced to I guess close to 100 and was a good car length ahead of the GT3 and it was ahead of the CTS V. So what we're my impressions since I have only had the car for a couple weeks?? Wow... This thing is FAST. You don't understand how fast it us until you see what it does compared to other fast rides. The GT3 was really loud. I could hear him switching gears and screaming over my left shoulder. Couldn't hear the CTS V or even my car much because the GT3 was so loud. This is just another data point that an exhaust upgrade for me is a must! Who knows what is in store for next Saturday...LOL. Have a good one.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:21 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Car free at the moment
The first Saturday of every month there is a large car show at the BMW dealer in Plano. If you are out at that hour you will see many interesting cars on the road streaming that direction. Plus with the weather last weekend (nicest cool august day ever in DFW) everybody with an interesting toy car or motorbike was out and about.
Old 08-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,893 Likes on 1,327 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
The op is right... You don't appreciate how quick this car is until you run against something else... I've gotten used to the acceleration... I wish it were more aggressive off the line... But I think most of this is due to my usual boring driving style

Does s+ forget adaptations and just drive as aggressive as possible?
Old 08-10-2014, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Unfortunately, S+ doesn't forget. Just disconnect the battery terminal overnight.