Print Wikipost

Meisterschaft gtc exhaust installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 01:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
08 E 6point3-sold- 11 caddy cts-v-sold, 2012 E63 Palladium Silver
Meisterschaft gtc exhaust installed

Finally pulled the trigger on the system. Was Really hesitant on the price tag and what you really got for the over 3k price tag for an axle back system.

To start off, here are the current mods on my car. Mbh three inch down pipes with stainless works high flow cats with mbh cross over. I added the high flows later. Couldn't stand the exhaust smell coming from no cats and truley felt that I was destroying the environment. The smell was so pungent and filled the surrounding air around my car. Always worried if a cop pulled me over they would immediately know something was up.

The sound difference from the high flow and down pipes was great but I was getting bored with the car as I normally do two years in with any car. So instead of just buying a new car I got the mod bug.

Searched high and low for exhaust companies that made valvle tronic systems for w212 e63 m157 but only found that few only do. Guess the e63 is really not that popular in other countries. The goal was to find a full call back 3 inch system. Only system I found was HMS which is a German company. Lead time was like 4 months and not much info online. Price tag was comparable to other systems and around 4200.

eisenmann had posted a teaser about their new system for the w212 but no info for several months and none of the dealers could provide me more info.

The go to option was meisterschaft distributed by gthaus. I have seen, heard the systems and other cars and always a fan but my biggest concern was the system was just a axle back. The retail 3500 for an axle back is pretty steep but when it came down to it, it really was my only option.

Had the system installed at a local shop Sonic MS in N. cal and they are pretty much one of very few aftermarket shops up here. Took about three hours to install with the actual wiring. Meisterschaft uses a mechanical balance to compared to every other company that uses vacum pressure to open the valves. Another downfall of the system. Your stock mufflers need to be cut off and new system bolts on. Well bolt on is a very lose term in aftermarket parts. The stock amg exhaust pipes are not round in most sections and especially where the new system connects. Fitting a round pipe over a square pipe really doesn't work well. The shop had to bang, bend and massage the crag out of the new system to fit over the square oem amg pipes. Took the shop around an hour just to get them to fit. Not sure if meister could of custome made the pipes with the variance of bending from mercedes. They could of provided a full pipes which connected to the down pipe section which is bolt on and provided a new resonator or delete. If they did, no cutting, and better fitment

The system itself is a piece of art. Craftsmanship is top notch, all stainless full polished and the attention to detail is amazing. I choose the connected oval 65 tips. Pretty much looks like the older amg 65 tips which looks really good. I chose the gtc system- valve control over the gts which is not. Wanted the option in a different situations.so

sound impressions
Expecting crazy loud system with the valves open but the car is really not that much louder than before. With valves open maybe 15-20 percent and valves closed actually sounds quiter than my current system. With the valves open there two entry ways into the actual muffler. The main entry is 3 inch straight through with no baffling at all or restriction. The other entry is the normal closed option which is a very interesting design. The whole system is 3 inch and then reduces to like 1.5-2 inch and enters the muffler with baffling with the same size. Have to believe with my valves closed that I am actually losing power. The manufacture states that should not be driving with the valves closed over 2500 rpm. Makes sense. tone has changed and a much more refined sound and deeper.
I guess turbos just don't get that much louder no matter what you do with th system

Thinking about removing the resonators now and checking how loud it will be with the option of running the car with the valves closed when needed

Overall happy with the system. Feel it's overpriced but I knew that before I bought. Wasn't expecting any horsepower increases But with the valves open it does feel a little faster. No before or after dyno. If you got some money to burn to change your tone of your system here is an option for you. I am sure there would be a much bigger difference in volume and tone if you had a complete stock system

Hope this helps forums members. Couldn't find much help myself before pulling the trigger

I will try to post a crappy iPhone video later
Old 12-20-2014, 02:45 PM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 AMG GTS Edition 1 Renntech
Thanks for posting. Do you have a tune with the mbh catted downpipes...I would think you need it or else you might have some check engine lights come on.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:47 PM

Tune

Yes I have a eurocharged tune. No cel. High flow cats will trigger the cel
Originally Posted by grocery getter
Thanks for posting. Do you have a tune with the mbh catted downpipes...I would think you need it or else you might have some check engine lights come on.
Old 12-20-2014, 10:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
'19 GLC 63S, '17 911 TTS Cabrio, '16 Viper TA2.0, '15 E63S (sold),'12 Harley CVO 2212cc
Great write-up!
Thanks for sharing the info.
I'll be looking for some exhaust mod too, so far the Renntech muffler system looks and sounds good to me, altough high priced.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:40 AM

Mufflers

Been able to drive the car for several days. Actually really happy now. Exhaust tone is intoxicating and leave the valves open majority of the time except in the morning going to work,

I think the Renntech is the similar price but really like the valve option when I need it

Originally Posted by SilveRT8
Great write-up!

Thanks for sharing the info.
I'll be looking for some exhaust mod too, so far the Renntech muffler system looks and sounds good to me, altough high priced.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 217 Likes on 121 Posts
E63s AMG
Originally Posted by drop997stop
Finally pulled the trigger on the system. Was Really hesitant on the price tag and what you really got for the over 3k price tag for an axle back system.

To start off, here are the current mods on my car. Mbh three inch down pipes with stainless works high flow cats with mbh cross over. I added the high flows later. Couldn't stand the exhaust smell coming from no cats and truley felt that I was destroying the environment. The smell was so pungent and filled the surrounding air around my car. Always worried if a cop pulled me over they would immediately know something was up.

The sound difference from the high flow and down pipes was great but I was getting bored with the car as I normally do two years in with any car. So instead of just buying a new car I got the mod bug.

Searched high and low for exhaust companies that made valvle tronic systems for w212 e63 m157 but only found that few only do. Guess the e63 is really not that popular in other countries. The goal was to find a full call back 3 inch system. Only system I found was HMS which is a German company. Lead time was like 4 months and not much info online. Price tag was comparable to other systems and around 4200.

eisenmann had posted a teaser about their new system for the w212 but no info for several months and none of the dealers could provide me more info.

The go to option was meisterschaft distributed by gthaus. I have seen, heard the systems and other cars and always a fan but my biggest concern was the system was just a axle back. The retail 3500 for an axle back is pretty steep but when it came down to it, it really was my only option.

Had the system installed at a local shop Sonic MS in N. cal and they are pretty much one of very few aftermarket shops up here. Took about three hours to install with the actual wiring. Meisterschaft uses a mechanical balance to compared to every other company that uses vacum pressure to open the valves. Another downfall of the system. Your stock mufflers need to be cut off and new system bolts on. Well bolt on is a very lose term in aftermarket parts. The stock amg exhaust pipes are not round in most sections and especially where the new system connects. Fitting a round pipe over a square pipe really doesn't work well. The shop had to bang, bend and massage the crag out of the new system to fit over the square oem amg pipes. Took the shop around an hour just to get them to fit. Not sure if meister could of custome made the pipes with the variance of bending from mercedes. They could of provided a full pipes which connected to the down pipe section which is bolt on and provided a new resonator or delete. If they did, no cutting, and better fitment

The system itself is a piece of art. Craftsmanship is top notch, all stainless full polished and the attention to detail is amazing. I choose the connected oval 65 tips. Pretty much looks like the older amg 65 tips which looks really good. I chose the gtc system- valve control over the gts which is not. Wanted the option in a different situations.so

sound impressions
Expecting crazy loud system with the valves open but the car is really not that much louder than before. With valves open maybe 15-20 percent and valves closed actually sounds quiter than my current system. With the valves open there two entry ways into the actual muffler. The main entry is 3 inch straight through with no baffling at all or restriction. The other entry is the normal closed option which is a very interesting design. The whole system is 3 inch and then reduces to like 1.5-2 inch and enters the muffler with baffling with the same size. Have to believe with my valves closed that I am actually losing power. The manufacture states that should not be driving with the valves closed over 2500 rpm. Makes sense. tone has changed and a much more refined sound and deeper.
I guess turbos just don't get that much louder no matter what you do with th system

Thinking about removing the resonators now and checking how loud it will be with the option of running the car with the valves closed when needed

Overall happy with the system. Feel it's overpriced but I knew that before I bought. Wasn't expecting any horsepower increases But with the valves open it does feel a little faster. No before or after dyno. If you got some money to burn to change your tone of your system here is an option for you. I am sure there would be a much bigger difference in volume and tone if you had a complete stock system

Hope this helps forums members. Couldn't find much help myself before pulling the trigger

I will try to post a crappy iPhone video later
Great review. Did you get a chance to record a vid?
Old 02-25-2015, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Yep great review that would have been nicely completed by a sound/video clip