Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KW V3 For W212

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 01:47 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
KW V3 For W212

Hey Guys. Got some questions for you MB experts.

I found this on this forum for KW V3 suspension setup:

This is awesome considering I am about to drop about US$3,000 plus for these.

Question:

1: I currently own a 2011 Mercedes E350 ( W212 ) Sedan with sport package and is lowered on H&R Sport springs and Vossen 20" CVT. I plan on putting these on my current car, but will be buying a 2012-2013 Mercedes AMG E63 in about 6 months.

Questions is: Will these fit both cars described ? Do I need any other parts when interchanging between both cars above?

2: Do I keep my current H&R Sport springs or use the one with the KW V3 ?

3: I went through a set of 20" rears in 6 month and less than 12,000 on the last tires and mine isn't even the AMG E63 ( yet ). I was told by Firestone that I needed a camber kit to correct the in toe and my wheel and tire guy tells me I just needed to get my 4 tires realigned which he failed to tell me when he lowered and put 20" on my car. Question is, if I get the KW V3. Will this correct the in toe issue or will I still need to get the camber kit? My car has already been realigned when I got a new set of rears 2 weeks ago.

Please kindly advise with your wisdom.

BTW: Here is a photo of my car as it sits in my garage.

Old 01-12-2015, 10:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63 Black on Black
1. From my understanding been doing a little research about to bag my e63 this year.
To change your spring to the e63 it is a direct fit, how ever to install coilovers you would need to buy either a) aftermarket lower control arm or B) oem lower control arm which equates to around 60-80 per arm

2. If the KW V3 is a full coilover set (I say this because kw make some adjustable stuff that fits onto oem struts) it is recommended to use their springs.

3: From theory its hard to tell if you need anything else. If you arnt trying to slam the car I believe that stock alignment mechanisms is enough, but you can never tell unless you install the v3's first

Correct me if Im wrong anyone.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:45 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
[/QUOTE]

3: I went through a set of 20" rears in 6 month and less than 12,000 on the last tires and mine isn't even the AMG E63 ( yet ). I was told by Firestone that I needed a camber kit to correct the in toe and my wheel and tire guy tells me I just needed to get my 4 tires realigned which he failed to tell me when he lowered and put 20" on my car. Question is, if I get the KW V3. Will this correct the in toe issue or will I still need to get the camber kit? My car has already been realigned when I got a new set of rears 2 weeks ago.

[/QUOTE]

Fact is “Full front and rear wheel alignment” is no more!

Since the mid ‘90 model’s, with the ever increasing speed of vehicle assembly lines there has been no front or rear Camber (or front Caster) adjustment facility fitted OEM

Only current adjustment is front and rear Toe and situations where there is still insufficient rear Toe once the issue of lack of Camber adjustment is overcome!

To attempt to return vehicle to factory specs to resolve costly premature inner edge tire wear, improve traction, and fix steering pull the only current alternative for Camber and Caster is to fit offset, slotted bolts (for the front only). But these are inaccurate - one only position bolts - offering a minimal .3 of one degree adjustment (3mm / 1/8”).

It’s no wonder many owners continually change tire brands or go from one MB Dealer or alignment shop to another trying to get it right/fix the problem!

We saw the need therefore "to fix it right the first time" by designing, developing, patenting (and re-instating from the 1990's) fully adjustable front (and rear) suspension for virtually all models.

The current K-MAC kits have up to 4 times the adjustment of these one only position offset bolts (both Positive or Negative). And unlike these one position bolts that require labour intensive jacking and disassembly each time to alter. K-MAC kits only require use of a single wrench to accurately adjust on car (under load) direct on alignment rack.

Providing “ongoing” full, precise adjustment of both Camber and Caster settings if altering suspension height, fitting wide profile tires/wheels, curb knock damage or being able to quickly fine tune/change specs on race days (extra Negative/plus track width to go deeper into the corners/lower lap times). The unique K-MAC patented design only requires use of the single wrench/no disassembly.

For the rear, similar kits are manufactured for precise Camber adjustment (with additional Toe to compensate for the new Camber facility). Importantly unlike the alternative rear adjustable Camber control arms available K-MAC kits do not move top of tire outwards - this reducing essential clearance top of tire to outer fender when adjusting to fix premature inner edge tire wear/improve rear traction.

Also instead of spherical bearings as used on control arms which prematurely pound out allowing metal to metal contact, at K-MAC we have developed long life elastomer bushings.

Bonus with the four front and four rear bushes is that they are also designed with twice the load bearing area and replace the highest wearing suspension bushings. And with K-MAC no special tools are required to fit.

Note (Product background re bushings): Majority OEM bushes have air voids to allow 2 axis movement. So control arms can travel through their required arcs without binding, locking up.

Essential with today’s modern designs of “multi-link” arms with different angle mount points!

Yet most “aftermarket” replacement bushes the industry standard is to eliminate these air voids in an attempt to improve both steering response and reduce wheel hop, loss of traction under brake and acceleration.

The opposite is often the case – the elimination of the air voids causes even more severe wheel hop, loss of traction through binding, locking up of arms.

K-MAC bushes – with 50 years now of bush technology are designed without the air voids but where needed with “full 2 axis movement”. Result is power to the ground – maximum traction/acceleration/braking - along with noticeably improved directional control and steering response for highway driving, lane changing.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:42 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
Hi Kmac.

Thanks for the clarification although I am still foggy about what you are telling me. May I ask kindly to simplify what you are saying and if possible, please quote me your best prices. Many thanks.

[/QUOTE]

Fact is “Full front and rear wheel alignment” is no more!

Since the mid ‘90 model’s, with the ever increasing speed of vehicle assembly lines there has been no front or rear Camber (or front Caster) adjustment facility fitted OEM

Only current adjustment is front and rear Toe and situations where there is still insufficient rear Toe once the issue of lack of Camber adjustment is overcome!

To attempt to return vehicle to factory specs to resolve costly premature inner edge tire wear, improve traction, and fix steering pull the only current alternative for Camber and Caster is to fit offset, slotted bolts (for the front only). But these are inaccurate - one only position bolts - offering a minimal .3 of one degree adjustment (3mm / 1/8”).

It’s no wonder many owners continually change tire brands or go from one MB Dealer or alignment shop to another trying to get it right/fix the problem!

We saw the need therefore "to fix it right the first time" by designing, developing, patenting (and re-instating from the 1990's) fully adjustable front (and rear) suspension for virtually all models.

The current K-MAC kits have up to 4 times the adjustment of these one only position offset bolts (both Positive or Negative). And unlike these one position bolts that require labour intensive jacking and disassembly each time to alter. K-MAC kits only require use of a single wrench to accurately adjust on car (under load) direct on alignment rack.

Providing “ongoing” full, precise adjustment of both Camber and Caster settings if altering suspension height, fitting wide profile tires/wheels, curb knock damage or being able to quickly fine tune/change specs on race days (extra Negative/plus track width to go deeper into the corners/lower lap times). The unique K-MAC patented design only requires use of the single wrench/no disassembly.

For the rear, similar kits are manufactured for precise Camber adjustment (with additional Toe to compensate for the new Camber facility). Importantly unlike the alternative rear adjustable Camber control arms available K-MAC kits do not move top of tire outwards - this reducing essential clearance top of tire to outer fender when adjusting to fix premature inner edge tire wear/improve rear traction.

Also instead of spherical bearings as used on control arms which prematurely pound out allowing metal to metal contact, at K-MAC we have developed long life elastomer bushings.

Bonus with the four front and four rear bushes is that they are also designed with twice the load bearing area and replace the highest wearing suspension bushings. And with K-MAC no special tools are required to fit.

Note (Product background re bushings): Majority OEM bushes have air voids to allow 2 axis movement. So control arms can travel through their required arcs without binding, locking up.

Essential with today’s modern designs of “multi-link” arms with different angle mount points!

Yet most “aftermarket” replacement bushes the industry standard is to eliminate these air voids in an attempt to improve both steering response and reduce wheel hop, loss of traction under brake and acceleration.

The opposite is often the case – the elimination of the air voids causes even more severe wheel hop, loss of traction through binding, locking up of arms.

K-MAC bushes – with 50 years now of bush technology are designed without the air voids but where needed with “full 2 axis movement”. Result is power to the ground – maximum traction/acceleration/braking - along with noticeably improved directional control and steering response for highway driving, lane changing.
[/QUOTE]
Old 01-15-2015, 12:17 AM
SPONSOR

Received 145 Likes on 115 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
As explained, since the 1990's the reassuring statement "Full front and rear alignment" is no more.
.....now it is only adjusting front and rear Toe!

K-MAC kits therefore provide full and precise front Camber and Caster and rear Camber "with extra Toe adjustment" to accurately resolve all alignment issues (and with ongoing adjustment capability).

Front kit (W212) #502616K $480
Rear kit #502526K $480
(NOTE:If Airmatic suspension Rear kit is #502526-1K)

Can pay by VISA, M/Card or PayPal
Old 01-15-2015, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
The E is like the C no rear camber adjustment. Kmac kit can be useful if you want extra life on your rear set of tires when lowered. On my previous sedan I had KW V3 as well and my rear tires only last 6000 miles.
As far as KW goes I did not know V3 were available for the E63 since it has airmatic suspension in the rear. I'm curious to know how is the system. Usually the springs provided with the coilovers are the ones you want to use.
For your wheels you need to know their offsets and width. Stock E63 wheels specs are:

F 19"x9" et 37
R 19"x9.5" et 52

On 20" I would say you could go

F 9x20 ET 30
R 10x20 ET 40