Sponsored by:

Haters really do hate...more

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 10:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E89 Z4
Originally Posted by HKJay
I too, have never heard mine go by, I'm always driving it, so I don't really know how loud it is or what it sounds like coming up on me.
Yeah. It isn't just how loud it is. The same volume can be perceived as aggressive depending on what it sounds like. Then it depends on with what kind of negative perceptions the listener is preloaded and what sound association triggers them.

For some people any display of power can cause a negative reaction.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:32 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
E400 wagon, F-Pace 3.5, Yukon 2500*.0.
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cnolke
My perception is that 99.9% of people think its just another (nice) station wagon. 1 in 1000 knows what it is, but very few voice it. It's even better to debadge. I don't need anyone thinking I'm fancy because of a big number on the back of the car.

In Europe, most old money (much older than even this country) tries very hard to avoid the spotlight. There's a pretty good lesson in that, I think.

Sorry about the incident with the crosswalk. There are a lot of people fighting their own battles out there. His wife might have left him last week for someone with a 2008 Mercedes E350 wagon
My sentiments exactly. The only people looking at my wagon are e63/M5/RS drivers.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
So what do your complaining neighbors drive? Well, it's my life and I ain't driving no Prius just to make them happy.