W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOUND CLIP OF MY E63 S WITH RENNTECH SPORT MUFFLERS!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 01:51 AM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
e63 amg w212 6.3
Originally Posted by sdg1871
Well whether the Renntech CF air boxes gain 0 Bhp or 10 Bhp at $5k they did not seem like a good value proposition to me. We will see what gains AMS gets out of theirs. Theirs certainly looks like it has potential for gains.

With respect to the sport mufflers, Renntech claims gains of 15 Bhp and 20 lbs ft. I did not do a before and after dyno with the mufflers being the only variable so I cannot verify. What I can verify is that they are a lot louder and lower pitched sounding than the already excellent stock exhaust. I love the sound. The member whom I have a 30 minute ride to and who has a stock E63 loved it as well. I am sure some day soon member TTA850 and I will be getting together so he can see it and so we can do a Renntech tune v AMS tune drag strip comparo for the E63 S. I will be interested in his opinion of the sound as his car does not have the sport mufflers.

How is M156 Weistec supercharged beast running?
If you remove the car mufflers and add stock Dyno run it 3 times, put the new ones back on (if it is just the rear section with two mufflers or resonator) then it shouldnt make a power difference.
If its an X-pipe then yeah power gain will be noticed as exhaust gases will be forced out quicker and equally from the mid section.
Sounds fun with the renntech vs AMS,
You should vs a Weistec m157 that would be a good race to watch and the weistec mufflers sound brutal.

Its running well, I'll post an exhaust sound video for you, Its currently getting the wheels painted black.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
2019 E63 S
Originally Posted by faz492
If you remove the car mufflers and add stock Dyno run it 3 times, put the new ones back on (if it is just the rear section with two mufflers or resonator) then it shouldnt make a power difference.
If its an X-pipe then yeah power gain will be noticed as exhaust gases will be forced out quicker and equally from the mid section.
You should vs a Weistec m157 that would be a good race to watch and the weistec mufflers sound brutal.

Its running well, I'll post an exhaust sound video for you, Its currently getting the wheels painted black.
Would love to do a drag strip run with a Weistec modded E63 S. Don't know any in the NYC area.

Looking forward to the sound clip.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:54 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
'19 GLC 63S, '17 911 TTS Cabrio, '16 Viper TA2.0, '15 E63S (sold),'12 Harley CVO 2212cc
Originally Posted by faz492

I plan on doing the X-pipe on my car and will redyno, after me and Kart125 put our cars on the Dyno for a before and after comparo on the Rebellion plug & play Tune, wich should bring a HP increase but not as much as the Renntech or Weistec.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:56 AM
Administrator

Received 512 Likes on 111 Posts
Drives Slowly
Thread cleaned. Please stop with the personal attacks.

To sdg, did you look at catless downpipes instead of doing the mufflers? I know this will give you a nice bump in HP plus the added volume you want. I actually had downpipes plus a Switzer exhaust on my CLS but returned to the stock exhaust because the whole setup was just it too loud. Now with just downpipes the volume is just about perfect.
Old 02-23-2015, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
2019 E63 S
Originally Posted by Rock
Thread cleaned. Please stop with the personal attacks.

To sdg, did you look at catless downpipes instead of doing the mufflers? I know this will give you a nice bump in HP plus the added volume you want. I actually had downpipes plus a Switzer exhaust on my CLS but returned to the stock exhaust because the whole setup was just it too loud. Now with just downpipes the volume is just about perfect.
I did think about DPs but did not want to go catless. Renntech claims the same Gains for their catted and catless DPs - 10 Bhp and 15 lbs ft. Their claimed gain for their sport mufflers was more -- 15 Bhp and 20 lbs ft and they were $2k less than their catted DP. And I had been warned that getting both the DP and mufflers might make the car too loud for daily driver duty. With the mufflers I would not want it any louder than it is.