W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOUND CLIP OF MY E63 S WITH RENNTECH SPORT MUFFLERS!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
2019 E63 S
Smile SOUND CLIP OF MY E63 S WITH RENNTECH SPORT MUFFLERS!!!!

To appreciate this you MUST listen using a system with a subwoofer. You cannot really hear or appreciate the low bass of this without it. It is loud and so aggressive.

Old 02-20-2015, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Using my home computer w/excellent sound system.. Your clip sounds completely STOCK... Loud? Aggressive?? No, bone stock vacuum cleaner? Yes..

Last edited by Thericker; 02-20-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
Originally Posted by Thericker
Using my home computer w/excellent sound system.. Your clip sounds completely STOCK... Loud? Aggressive?? No, bone stock vacuum cleaner? Yes..
I had my car stock before putting these on. They are a lot louder than stock. Much. My fiancé and neighbors noticed the difference. Fiancé loved the car prior to the upgrade and now hates it as too loud.

The car does have acoustic laminated glass which cuts down on the sound inside. Will take a clip outside the car when I come back from vacation and get someone to help with shooting.

Vacuum cleaner? I have never had anyone refer to the car's exhaust sound, even stock, as that.

Then again, the tone of your post is consistent with the derogatory remarks you have made against Renntech in other of your posts. I see you are no fan of Renntech, who you referred to in another post concerning an AMS intake as "price gougers":

https://mbworld.org/forums/w218/564589-engineering-update-alpha-mercedes-5-5l-biturbo-intake-system.html#post6335271

Last edited by sdg1871; 02-20-2015 at 05:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
C43 Fun Haver (12-22-2022)
Old 02-20-2015, 09:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 E63S sedan
Thanks for posting! Sounds sporty yet refined. So the system replaces the back 2 mufflers but leaves the resonator (pre-muffler) then right?
Old 02-20-2015, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
Originally Posted by sc98
Thanks for posting! Sounds sporty yet refined. So the system replaces the back 2 mufflers but leaves the resonator (pre-muffler) then right?
Thanks. Yes you are correct. One very noticeable thing is that the Renntech sport mufflers are a lot smaller than the OEM mufflers -- a lot less sound deadening material and much louder than stock. Is it refined? My fiancé doesn't think so (she just thinks it is loud). The sound is very low pitched and much louder and more aggressive than stock.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
In terms of the difference in sound from stock, at his request, I gave member Clk63blkseries a 30 minute ride in my car. He has a stock exhaust E63. Here was his review:

"Sorry for the delay in posting

Met up with sdg1871 (great guy with awesome cars) to bad it was a little wet out.

His exhaust sounded great . It was a lot more aggressive sounding then stock at start up and very aggressive when he got on it. His car with the Renntech computer upgrade felt totally different then my stock wagon. (much faster, Really plants you in your seat)) I am not sure what I liked better the exhaust or the tune but I can tell you they work great together and his car is a beast."
Old 02-20-2015, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
Originally Posted by sdg1871
I had my car stock before putting these on. They are a lot louder than stock. Much. My fiancé and neighbors noticed the difference. Fiancé loved the car prior to the upgrade and now hates it as too loud.

The car does have acoustic laminated glass which cuts down on the sound inside. Will take a clip outside the car when I come back from vacation and get someone to help with shooting.

Vacuum cleaner? I have never had anyone refer to the car's exhaust sound, even stock, as that.

Then again, the tone of your post is consistent with the derogatory remarks you have made against Renntech in other of your posts. I see you are no fan of Renntech, who you referred to in another post concerning an AMS intake as "price gougers". The exact quote was, "AMS aren't price gougers like the almighty Renntech who sells CAI's in the $5k range lol"

https://mbworld.org/forums/w218/5645...ml#post6335271
I must tell you that I am not a fan of the AMS vs. Renntech rivalry in that there is no reason for fans of one to bash the other's products. They both make good products and upgrades for our cars. I would be happy with either's mods on my car. Members who have used Renntech and AMS mods have not been reporting lots of problems as is the case with some of the mods from the other tuners.
Old 02-20-2015, 11:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
'19 GLC 63S, '17 911 TTS Cabrio, '16 Viper TA2.0, '15 E63S (sold),'12 Harley CVO 2212cc
Thanks for posting the clip. Can definitly hear the difference from stock from inside the car.
Looking for an outside clip, whenever you can
Old 02-20-2015, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
Originally Posted by SilveRT8
Thanks for posting the clip. Can definitly hear the difference from stock from inside the car.
Looking for an outside clip, whenever you can
When I can get a fellow enthusiast's help I will take a sound clip from outside the car.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

Then again, the tone of your post is consistent with the derogatory remarks you have made against Renntech in other of your posts. I see you are no fan of Renntech, who you referred to in another post concerning an AMS intake as "price gougers":

lol you asked for opinions this is mine your car sounds very quiet hardly aggressive or loud You don't like my opinions on Renntech either shuddupp lol they're SUPREME RIP OFF ARTISTS...
Old 02-21-2015, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I must tell you that I am not a fan of the AMS vs. Renntech rivalry in that there is no reason for fans of one to bash the other's products. They both make good products and upgrades for our cars. I would be happy with either's mods on my car. Members who have used Renntech and AMS mods have not been reporting lots of problems as is the case with some of the mods from the other tuners.
Guy... You're kinda odd, quoting your own posts & talking to yourself? Renntech makes EXCELLENT products w/even better track record than most etc.. Doesn't change the fact they over charge the hell out of every customer in their path, period!
Old 02-21-2015, 02:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'14 E63S, '13 G550, '06 E320 cdi, and a bunch of other stuff.
troll, troll, troll your boat gently down the stream...
Old 02-21-2015, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
lol you asked for opinions this is mine your car sounds very quiet hardly aggressive or loud You don't like my opinions on Renntech either shuddupp lol they're SUPREME RIP OFF ARTISTS...
Wow. Very mature. I think I will let your remarks speak for themselves.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
Originally Posted by ace10
troll, troll, troll your boat gently down the stream...
Haven't experienced much of that here on MBWorld. But there is a first time for everything.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:18 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
e63 amg w212 6.3
sounds a bit dieselish
Old 02-21-2015, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
Originally Posted by faz492
sounds a bit dieselish
my now turned in 2012 550xi definitely sounded dieselish. The E63 S doesn't even in stock form. Of course no TT will have the sound of a NA engine.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

Since you brought this up from another thread & are obviously defending them, you will probably just ignore Renntech's blatant price gouging reality & just substitute your own misguided conclusions as truth

I know the majority of level headed modders on this site are interested in purchasing well built, good value, modifications IE each "Dollar per HorsePower" spent actually makes a bit of sense.

Here's Renntechs value for the day, I'm shocked they aren't sold out! I mean what a deal, their version Retails for $5,000.00 http://www.renntechmercedes.com/www/node/1357

NOTICE they ONLY modified the top portions of the air-boxes IE they totally skimped on redesigning the ENTIRE air-boxes TOP & BOTTOM unlike AMS, they redesigned BOTH tops/bottoms, for a truly larger air-box which significantly enlarges the air volume going into the engine. By skipping this integral part, Renntech's saving a TON of money by just reusing the TINY stock air-box bottoms, this has an even bigger effect on the potential in HP/TQ gains, here look @ what cheap corner cutting gets you vs a fully modified airbox from AMS
Renntechs utilizing STOCK air box bottoms has another major flaw besides skipping on overall size when you enlarge BOTH top & bottoms of air-box, the entire point of ramming more air into the turbos is missed, the bottoms of the air-boxes is where the tiny stock oem air-inlet holes are located. AMS enlarged the bottoms & those air-inlet holes, widening them by 20% that's a significant gain & integral part of making a better performing air intake, you actually widen the factory air inlet holes. Imagine that Renntech

Barring those corner cutting giant design flaws (obviously geared toward ONLY saving Renntech more $$ $$) Why not help us understand how $5,000.00 USD for 10 HP & 10 TQ Isn't price gouging @ its worst?

$5,000.00 / 10 = You pay Renntech, $500.00 for (1) SINGLE HP yup EACH HP is costing you $500.00 bux! But there is a silver lining here, lets just be happy this incredible Airbox didn't make 30-40 HP...

Last edited by Thericker; 02-22-2015 at 08:21 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
I look at each mod independently from another other. To me the Renntech full tune and sport mufflers made sense -- tons of power and great sound.

But a $5k Renntech airbox that gains but 10 horsepower made no sense just as a Renntech catted downpipe costing $5k that gained but 10 horsepower made no sense to me. If I were to get air boxes, the AMS ones look more interesting. We will have to see what the power gains are -- generally, power gains from new modded airboxes are not massive. And I went back and forth a long time about whether to get the Renntech full tune or the AMS one.

As I said, I look at each mod individually and not from the perspective of a frothing fanboy of one tuner or another who extols their favored tuner's mods while reflexively bashing the mods of the other tuners and crapping on the threads of other forum members who discuss the non favored tuners' mods and, with the use of their language and emoticons, behaving like a three year old.

Both Renntech and AMS make quality mods for these cars that have resulted in lots of satisfied customers. Unlike some of the other AMG tuners you do not see a lot of complaints about either's mods causing problems with their cars.

Renntech is expensive no question. But no tuner has Renntech's years of experience with and tight connections into AMG as well as support from numerous Mercedes dealers. To me when modding a $100k new car that has a significant value. Perhaps to some others it may not.

Since you brought this up from another thread & are obviously defending them, you will probably just ignore Renntech's blatant price gouging reality & just substitute your own misguided conclusions as truth

I know the majority of level headed modders on this site are interested in purchasing well built, good value, modifications IE each "Dollar per HorsePower" spent actually makes a bit of sense.

Here's Renntechs value for the day, I'm shocked they aren't sold out! I mean what a deal, their version Retails for $5,000.00 http://www.renntechmercedes.com/www/node/1357

NOTICE they ONLY modified the top portions of the air-boxes IE they totally skimped on redesigning the ENTIRE air-boxes TOP & BOTTOM unlike AMS, they redesigned BOTH tops/bottoms, for a truly larger air-box which significantly enlarges the air volume going into the engine. By skipping this integral part, Renntech's saving a TON of money by just reusing the TINY stock air-box bottoms, this has an even bigger effect on the potential in HP/TQ gains, here look @ what cheap corner cutting gets you vs a fully modified airbox from AMS
Renntechs utilizing STOCK air box bottoms has another major flaw besides skipping on overall size when you enlarge BOTH top & bottoms of air-box, the entire point of ramming more air into the turbos is missed, the bottoms of the air-boxes is where the tiny stock oem air-inlet holes are located. AMS enlarged the bottoms & those air-inlet holes, widening them by 20% that's a significant gain & integral part of making a better performing air intake, you actually widen the factory air inlet holes. Imagine that Renntech

Barring those corner cutting giant design flaws (obviously geared toward ONLY saving Renntech more $$ $$) Why not help us understand how $5,000.00 USD for 10 HP & 10 TQ Isn't price gouging @ its worst?

$5,000.00 / 10 = You pay Renntech, $500.00 for (1) SINGLE HP yup EACH HP is costing you $500.00 bux! But there is a silver lining here, lets just be happy this incredible Airbox didn't make 30-40 HP...
Old 02-22-2015, 10:19 AM

e63 amg w212 6.3
CF gives no extra Hp cos its CF and not plastic haha,
Only thing CF does it cool down a lot quicker than plastic and maybe run a little cooler.
Old 02-22-2015, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Thericker, cool it and please tone down your comments.
As a matter of law, price gouging may be charged when a supplier of essential goods or services sharply raises the prices asked in anticipation of or during a civil emergency
What's the emergency here? We appreciate your comments about the quality and performance of these products but don't think that you are the only one here that knows the value a of hard earned dollar. Please be respectful to all mbworld supporting vendors and members.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:15 AM

e63 amg w212 6.3
Originally Posted by Lenin
As a matter of law, price gouging may be charged when a supplier of essential goods or services sharply raises the prices asked in anticipation of or during a civil emergency
What's the emergency here? We appreciate your comments about the quality and performance of these products but don't think that you are the only one here that knows the value a of hard earned dollar. Please be respectful to all mbworld supporting vendors and members.
All do respect, But i disagree with thericker making fun of someones car after a modification.
How ever i do Agree with Thericker when it comes to renntech.
On m156 and m157 their Expensive carbon fiber intakes give no power at all, I also have dyno tested results for their items which I've been asked to not put up on MBworld or i could get banned.
Like i said earlier their products just cool down quicker than plastic and run slightly cooler but no power gains.
When it comes to hard earned dollar, theres no reason why people like us should be promised power for a ridiculous price cost which at the end of the day does nothing at all.
That is not honest earning on The vendors side, regardless of them being supporters or not people do deserve the truth.
If my account does get banned for writing this so be it, But Members do deserve to know the truth.
Also for Sdg1871, If you only upgraded rear mufflers on the car and was promised HP gains, Maybe 1-2HP, Rear end of the exhaust is not meant to increase the power even with a tune.
front end + cat change will give you a power gain, But the stock exhaust of an AMG is quite free flowing.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
Originally Posted by faz492
All do respect, But i disagree with thericker making fun of someones car after a modification.
How ever i do Agree with Thericker when it comes to renntech.
On m156 and m157 their Expensive carbon fiber intakes give no power at all, I also have dyno tested results for their items which I've been asked to not put up on MBworld or i could get banned.
Like i said earlier their products just cool down quicker than plastic and run slightly cooler but no power gains.
When it comes to hard earned dollar, theres no reason why people like us should be promised power for a ridiculous price cost which at the end of the day does nothing at all.
That is not honest earning on The vendors side, regardless of them being supporters or not people do deserve the truth.
If my account does get banned for writing this so be it, But Members do deserve to know the truth.
Also for Sdg1871, If you only upgraded rear mufflers on the car and was promised HP gains, Maybe 1-2HP, Rear end of the exhaust is not meant to increase the power even with a tune.
front end + cat change will give you a power gain, But the stock exhaust of an AMG is quite free flowing.
Well whether the Renntech CF air boxes gain 0 Bhp or 10 Bhp at $5k they did not seem like a good value proposition to me. We will see what gains AMS gets out of theirs. Theirs certainly looks like it has potential for gains.

With respect to the sport mufflers, Renntech claims gains of 15 Bhp and 20 lbs ft. I did not do a before and after dyno with the mufflers being the only variable so I cannot verify. What I can verify is that they are a lot louder and lower pitched sounding than the already excellent stock exhaust. I love the sound. The member whom I have a 30 minute ride to and who has a stock E63 loved it as well. I am sure some day soon member TTA850 and I will be getting together so he can see it and so we can do a Renntech tune v AMS tune drag strip comparo for the E63 S. I will be interested in his opinion of the sound as his car does not have the sport mufflers.

How is M156 Weistec supercharged beast running?
Old 02-22-2015, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Lenin
Oh yes sir, right away sir, anything else sir??? This is a public forum guy, you don't like my "Tone"? Here's a novel thought, don't read my posts/put me on your ignore list ******.. I give respect to everyone, a little light hearted joking isn't disrespect, loosen your girdle Mary Ever wonder what that huge list of silly Emoticons on our site is for??? MEMBERS, so we can introduce a bit of levity & temporarily lighten the the dry moods of a few stuffy/cranky old farts

Last edited by Thericker; 02-22-2015 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 AMG GTS
WOW sounds badass!!!!!
Old 02-22-2015, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S
Originally Posted by nstanford99
WOW sounds badass!!!!!
Thanks!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SOUND CLIP OF MY E63 S WITH RENNTECH SPORT MUFFLERS!!!!