W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member intro & questions about warranty(s)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 08:44 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
'18 E63s
New member intro & questions about warranty(s)

So a little background, I've been a Bimmer owner for the last 14 years or so. I bought a 325ci prior to starting residency & have owned 4 other Bimmers since including an e46 M3 & an X5 M.

I have 3 young'ns, the youngest of whom just turned 4 years old. I've been thinking about a car to replace my current X5 as the 4 y.o. is in a booster now. I've been thinking about trying another marque & strongly considered an Audi S8. I've avoided MB my whole life as I've always looked at MB as the de facto choice of Indo-Pak physicians everywhere! However I've recently come to the conclusion that that's a horrible reason to not buy a quality vehicle! That being said I had been looking at either an S550 (too big) or a new C63 (likely too small). Having always been a wagon fan I think an E63SP would be perfect! As such, I've identified a particular vehicle & should be able to take delivery within 7-10 days!

I have a few questions & hope you guys can help out!

1) Re: the first class wheel & tire protection warranty:

a) Does the warranty cover wheels that the car was not delivered on? Specifically, my car will be on the 10-spoke titanium wheels; I'm most likely going to look for a set of 5-spoke forged rims (most likely) or aftermarket rims. Would the warranty cover either set? (my finance guy obviously said they would be covered).

b) Is $1500 a good price for 5 years of coverage?

2) Is $1999 a good price for the 3-yr pre-paid maintenance coverage? What exactly is covered in each maintenance?

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-15-2015, 09:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,124 Likes on 1,485 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by IGotId
So a little background, I've been a Bimmer owner for the last 14 years or so. I bought a 325ci prior to starting residency & have owned 4 other Bimmers since including an e46 M3 & an X5 M.

I have 3 young'ns, the youngest of whom just turned 4 years old. I've been thinking about a car to replace my current X5 as the 4 y.o. is in a booster now. I've been thinking about trying another marque & strongly considered an Audi S8. I've avoided MB my whole life as I've always looked at MB as the de facto choice of Indo-Pak physicians everywhere! However I've recently come to the conclusion that that's a horrible reason to not buy a quality vehicle! That being said I had been looking at either an S550 (too big) or a new C63 (likely too small). Having always been a wagon fan I think an E63SP would be perfect! As such, I've identified a particular vehicle & should be able to take delivery within 7-10 days!

I have a few questions & hope you guys can help out!

1) Re: the first class wheel & tire protection warranty:

a) Does the warranty cover wheels that the car was not delivered on? Specifically, my car will be on the 10-spoke titanium wheels; I'm most likely going to look for a set of 5-spoke forged rims (most likely) or aftermarket rims. Would the warranty cover either set? (my finance guy obviously said they would be covered).

b) Is $1500 a good price for 5 years of coverage?

2) Is $1999 a good price for the 3-yr pre-paid maintenance coverage? What exactly is covered in each maintenance?

Thanks in advance!
Congrats in advance, I have a 4,3, and 1 year old and they love the 14 e63s lol

Aftermarket rims are not covered by b2b Benz warranty, but dealer may sell a wheel tire package on this at their discretion ... That warranty should be transferable to all Benz dealers, I paid $1299 for five years unlimited miles

I paid $999 for 3 years of service pre paid

Scheduled maintenance is covered as per the Benz schedule available free online on Mbusa.com

Good luck
Old 04-16-2015, 03:50 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
'18 E63s
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Congrats in advance, I have a 4,3, and 1 year old and they love the 14 e63s lol

Aftermarket rims are not covered by b2b Benz warranty, but dealer may sell a wheel tire package on this at their discretion ... That warranty should be transferable to all Benz dealers, I paid $1299 for five years unlimited miles

I paid $999 for 3 years of service pre paid

Scheduled maintenance is covered as per the Benz schedule available free online on Mbusa.com

Good luck
Thank you sir!

In searching the tire/wheel warranty I've found conflicting info as tonwhether or not wheels not sold on the car are covered. Did you purchase your warranties after the sale or with the car?