Canadian Extended Warrantee

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ml550
Canadian Extended Warrantee

Good day gents.

Dropped off '12 E63 for service today and as an aside, got a new c300 loaner and it is a nice little ride.

None the less my factory warrantee is headed to coming up in the next 6-8 mos so thought I should talk to my guy about options.

Up here it is all in KM's of-course.

Basic bumper to bumper(BTB) is four year/80k km (50k Mi)
CPO warrantee also covers for an additional two years or up to 120k KM (75k Mi) for all major components and powertrain.

Dealer informed that I can purchase an extension to the factory warrantee that would give me BTB coverage for up to 160k km (100k Mi) or three years after initial warrantee expires.

Cost being about $6k.

Was surprised at the cost as have read a few threads about US warrantee's being in the 3-4k range.

His advice was that considering I still have couple years on major components and drivetrain left, bank the 6K and consider that against the cost of future service.

Any others run into this and have any advice would be great.

Definitely feels good to just be bale to drop off the car and rhyme off the list of issues I am having but not sure if that is worth 6k over the course of a couple years.

Thanks in advance
Old 07-14-2015, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts
2015 E63s AMG, 2020 GLC 43 AMG
Well, you may have already seen my post on this subject in another thread, but here is what I just got about 3 months ago on my 2011:

7years/75k miles. But this started at the contract date of the ELW.

It is btb.

It has $250 per visit deductible. Not per item fixed.

It cost $3,800

So on my contract date, I had 31,000 miles and now I am covered until 31k + 75k which equals 106,000 miles and I am covered until April of 2022 !

My warranty is not through MB though. But I did fully research them and read all fine print. It is essentially the same as the MB EW except for deductible. But I believe the MB warranty is much more expensive from what I hear.

Interesting thing is that my warranty would have been about $5k if I went with $100 deductible. I did the math though it clearly shows I would have had to make over 7 claims on the warranty to break even on the price difference between deductible options.

That is everything I can tell you on the matter.

Good luck!