W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Had my 14 E63 Weistec tuned............and WOW!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2015 | 10:41 AM

04 E55 B07
Originally Posted by sdg1871
It is night and day. I am not exaggerating. Mine destroyed everything in its path at Slipstream. So much faster than stock. But don't take my word for it. Prove me wrong instead.

We actually have a private dragstrip rental day at Atco in New Jersey on October 7. 20 cars Max. All Gernan super sedans and Porsche Turbos. If you are interested let me know and you can run your stock E63 against numerous tuned ones. Tuned E63 S and CLS63 S cars from Renntech, AMS and Weistec will be there.

We have coming among others:

My Renntech full tuned and sport mufflers E63 S

An AMS tuned with straight pipes E63 S

A RWD Weistec turbo upgrade CLS63 with catless DPs and ice trunk tank

An AWD Weistec turbo upgrade CLS63 S with catless DPs and ice trunk tank

The fastest F10 M5 in the NYC area -- with Aquamist water/meth injection and catless DPs and intake

The fastest RS7 in the country -- with APR tune and Miltek catless DPs exhaust tuned only for MS109 race gas

My 2014 GIAC Stage 3 Porsche 991 Turbo S with Champion intercoolers

Several Cobb tuned 991 Turbo S cars

A 997.2 Turbo S with the 9 second kit from Champion Motorsports including Water/meth injection and upgraded Champion intercoolers

There, you can test your theory that a tune makes no difference from an untuned one. We are limiting the event to 20 cars and each car pays $200 -- the pro rata share of the $4000 track rental fee. With so few cars you can take as many runs as your heart desires.

We are not racing for money or pink slips. Just for fun. And for the best times which Atco with its super low DA and the cool fall air should provide.

If interested PM me.
Looks like a great event, I would like to attend as well with my 04 E55, are there any spots left?
Old 08-28-2015 | 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S

Originally Posted by mertd93
Looks like a great event, I would like to attend as well with my 04 E55, are there any spots left?
Shoot me a PM
Old 08-28-2015 | 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 AMG GTS
yeah i would send the ECU somewhere else man! if you cant feel a difference for 3k and over thats a problem! Mine is night and day, driving it is intoxicating and an addiction in sport plus lol if you have any interest in weistec i can hook you up with my guy, he might even be able to get you a good deal.

SDG that event looks awesome!!! I wish i lived closer to NY man! Can't wait to see the results from your runs
Old 08-28-2015 | 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 AMG GTS
yeah i would send the ECU somewhere else man! if you cant feel a difference for 3k and over thats a problem! Mine is night and day, driving it is intoxicating and an addiction in sport plus lol if you have any interest in weistec i can hook you up with my guy, he might even be able to get you a good deal.

SDG that event looks awesome!!! I wish i lived closer to NY man! Can't wait to see the results from your runs
Old 08-28-2015 | 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S

Originally Posted by nstanford99

Thanks! Should be a great event if Mother Nature cooperates
Old 08-28-2015 | 01:05 PM
Banned

2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
Thanks! Should be a great event if Mother Nature cooperates
Sdg1871. Sounds like such a fun event. I remember you had a great lap time even against your 911 Turbo before. Can't wait to see videos and photos of the AMGs kicking butt and taking names. Best of luck. Happy hunting.
Old 08-28-2015 | 04:02 PM

Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
It is night and day. I am not exaggerating. Mine destroyed everything in its path at Slipstream. So much faster than stock. But don't take my word for it. Prove me wrong instead.

We actually have a private dragstrip rental day at Atco in New Jersey on October 7. 20 cars Max. All Gernan super sedans and Porsche Turbos. If you are interested let me know and you can run your stock E63 against numerous tuned ones. Tuned E63 S and CLS63 S cars from Renntech, AMS and Weistec will be there.

The fastest F10 M5 in the NYC area -- with Aquamist water/meth injection and catless DPs and intake

The fastest RS7 in the country -- with APR tune and Miltek catless DPs exhaust tuned only for MS109 race gas

A 997.2 Turbo S with the 9 second kit from Champion Motorsports including Water/meth injection and upgraded Champion intercoolers

There, you can test your theory that a tune makes no difference from an untuned one. We are limiting the event to 20 cars and each car pays $200 -- the pro rata share of the $4000 track rental fee. With so few cars you can take as many runs as your heart desires.

We are not racing for money or pink slips. Just for fun. And for the best times which Atco with its super low DA and the cool fall air should provide.

If interested PM me.

where is this? id love to be able to go, but i doubt ill be able to make it. im in canada.

sorry. but just a tune is not night and day.

all those other mods you mentioned im sure they are quite different.
Old 08-28-2015 | 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S

Originally Posted by Davidkuo0330
Sdg1871. Sounds like such a fun event. I remember you had a great lap time even against your 911 Turbo before. Can't wait to see videos and photos of the AMGs kicking butt and taking names. Best of luck. Happy hunting.
Thanks. Yes at Slipstream my GIAC stage 2 991 Turbo S destroyed my E63 S the first race but then it got heat soak power loss and my E63 S beat it the next two races. It was incredibly consistent. And it beat every one of the many BMW M cars it faced
Old 08-28-2015 | 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S

Originally Posted by mainly
where is this? id love to be able to go, but i doubt ill be able to make it. im in canada.

sorry. but just a tune is not night and day.

all those other mods you mentioned im sure they are quite different.
This is at the Atco dragstrip in Atco, New Jersey
Old 08-28-2015 | 04:07 PM

This is at the Atco dragstrip in Atco, New Jersey
never read carefully enough the first time. ya id love to go but being so far away in western canada.
Old 08-28-2015 | 04:09 PM

well thanks, but im currently trying to work on a deal for the kleemann turbopipes and downpipes and their tune.

heard too many stories about weistec. including one local one.
Old 08-28-2015 | 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S

never read carefully enough the first time. ya id love to go but being so far away in western canada.
No prob!

well thanks, but im currently trying to work on a deal for the kleemann turbopipes and downpipes and their tune.

heard too many stories about weistec. including one local one.
One of the reasons I picked the Renntech tune was the lack of horror stories about its tunes. So far mine has been flawless. The price difference between the major tunes is negligible to me. I only care what works. And to date it does.
Old 08-28-2015 | 10:46 PM

No prob!

One of the reasons I picked the Renntech tune was the lack of horror stories about its tunes. So far mine has been flawless. The price difference between the major tunes is negligible to me. I only care what works. And to date it does.
never heard a single horror story about the company i went with either. which was why i went with them. and theyre quite a reputable company weve all heard of. was yours dyno tuned or in person?

mine was just the ecu sent to them. they even took the ECU back a second time and rechecked everything. they said the first time they tuned mine it was very mild... so they ampd it up a bit i guess. still when i got the ecu back from them the second time, i still noticed no difference. like literally ZERO performance improvement.

a couple of days ago the car started going into limp mode and the check engine light came on. dealer found codes and printed them for me....
"boost pressure deviated from the specified value"

ive never had any such thing happen before i tuned the car. so i had the dealer do an update my ecu.
Old 08-28-2015 | 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S

never heard a single horror story about the company i went with either. which was why i went with them. and theyre quite a reputable company weve all heard of. was yours dyno tuned or in person?

mine was just the ecu sent to them. they even took the ECU back a second time and rechecked everything. they said the first time they tuned mine it was very mild... so they ampd it up a bit i guess. still when i got the ecu back from them the second time, i still noticed no difference. like literally ZERO performance improvement.

a couple of days ago the car started going into limp mode and the check engine light came on. dealer found codes and printed them for me....
"boost pressure deviated from the specified value"

ive never had any such thing happen before i tuned the car. so i had the dealer do an update my ecu.
Yikes!! So sorry!! I had MB of Rockville Centre remove the ECU and send it to Renntech. The difference between stock and tuned is massive.

So far mine (installed in Jan) has been perfect. No CEL ever. No limp home mode ever.
Old 08-28-2015 | 11:20 PM

2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)

If interested PM me.

Spectators welcome? I would love to come by and watch with a few buddies
Old 08-29-2015 | 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S

Originally Posted by ENV²
Spectators welcome? I would love to come by and watch with a few buddies
Of course!!
Old 08-30-2015 | 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 AMG GTS
sounds like a fun event!! is your Turbo S modded yet sdg???
Old 08-30-2015 | 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S

Yes it is. GIAC stage 2 ECU tune with race gas tune subfile, Europipe exhaust with 100 cell cats, IPD plenum, BMC filter,. Car is being shipped down to Champion Motorsports for the addition of the upgraded Champion intercoolers and the GIAC Stage 2 plus tune. With the new mods it will produce 700 crank horsepower on pump gas and more with race gas. Should do a quarter mile in the very low 10s or high nines
Old 08-30-2015 | 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S

In this thread in 6speed.com I go over the car's performance at the dragstrip against exotics and other cars including videos.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...=371261&page=1
Old 08-30-2015 | 01:38 PM

DESIGNO CLS 63 AMG 2012
nice info here, the airport strip race sounds like big fun indeed - I agree that a tune on the m157 must make a HUGE impact - otherwise something is wrong - especially from 160 kp/h up to however fast you can go is incredible, the car is an autobahn killer. I have the m157 in a a 2012 CLS and only did a tune at Seidtperformance in Stuttgart - have attached dyno 1) before (vorher) and after (nachher) - I often thought of getting the kleeman turbo pipe before I did the tune, after having it done and only having an rwd car, I dont thinkt he car needs or can take much more power as you will end up having more and more grip issues most likely - but of course all depends on the use, I used to have aporsche turbo but changed to a m157 sedan for being able to use it as daily DD with wife and kid
Old 08-30-2015 | 03:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned

If interested PM me.
Well said sdg, the challenge is on
Old 08-30-2015 | 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E63 S

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Well said sdg, the challenge is on
You are welcome to join us. For details PM me.
Old 08-30-2015 | 10:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 AMG GTS
wow man that thing is quick!!!! I'd love to see it against a tuned awd M157!