W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Price for lip and diffuser installation?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 01:09 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E63s
Price for lip and diffuser installation?

What should it cost to have a shop do the installation of a V style lip and JB Speed diffuser?
Old 10-23-2015, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
0...its not hard...just do it

where in so - cal are u
Old 10-23-2015, 01:34 PM

2014 E63s
I'm in Encino. I know it's not hard but I don't really have the time if it requires me to remove the rear bumper for the diffuser. I was told it isn't necessary but in searching threads most say it does for a nice fit.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:03 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
I have had personal experience installing the rear diffuser ( with the help of a forum member ) and to be quite honest, it wasn't that hard if you don't mind the gaps as seen on my photos.

Ended up getting the original Renntech diffuser and had my dealer install it which DOES require removing the rear bumper for a perfect fit. The cost for me was $300 and all parts was supplied by me including the clip that clips between the bumper bracket and the diffuser tap.

Can't say about the front lip ( but it is my understanding the front lip is a bolt on that does not require the removing of the front bumper ) as my car came with the factory CF splits and am happy with it so far.

Good luck.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

vcci, can u post a pic of the tabs on the diffuser u have

i can tell you that when i did my euroteck, you simply pull out the OE diff and install the euroteck, get a buddy to help

with the renntech, essentially the same thing, but u have to bolster the tabs a little to prevent gaps, with the renntech or the rw version.

im sure with your version, it can be done without removal of bumper, probably cost 1 hr labor at your favorite body shop

what does the jl guys say in regards to install
Old 10-25-2015, 12:10 PM

2014 E63s
Originally Posted by Davidkuo0330
I have had personal experience installing the rear diffuser ( with the help of a forum member ) and to be quite honest, it wasn't that hard if you don't mind the gaps as seen on my photos.

Ended up getting the original Renntech diffuser and had my dealer install it which DOES require removing the rear bumper for a perfect fit. The cost for me was $300 and all parts was supplied by me including the clip that clips between the bumper bracket and the diffuser tap.

Can't say about the front lip ( but it is my understanding the front lip is a bolt on that does not require the removing of the front bumper ) as my car came with the factory CF splits and am happy with it so far.

Good luck.
Even though i don't think those gaps will be as noticeable(and an eye sore to me) on my black car as they looked on the white one i would still mind them.

Originally Posted by vdubpower
vcci, can u post a pic of the tabs on the diffuser u have

i can tell you that when i did my euroteck, you simply pull out the OE diff and install the euroteck, get a buddy to help

with the renntech, essentially the same thing, but u have to bolster the tabs a little to prevent gaps, with the renntech or the rw version.

im sure with your version, it can be done without removal of bumper, probably cost 1 hr labor at your favorite body shop

what does the jl guys say in regards to install
JB guys only say the bumper doesn't need to be removed for the install. I will post some pics as soon as i get a chance.

I took a quick look at the factory diffuser and noticed rivets on the side connecting to the bumper. i'm assuming those need to be drilled out and replaced with screws? I didn't pay attention to the middle portion of the diffuser does it have rivets there as well or is it held by clips there?

Last edited by vcci; 10-25-2015 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 02:32 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
Hi. I would most likely agree that the gap might be not as noticeable on a black AMG vs a white one, but like you said. I would mind knowing the gap is there simply because the diffuser itself makes the car stand out and people will be looking at it closely. I have seen more than a dozen people taking photos of my diffuser while its parked someone and if an eye can see it, you'll see it on camera. My 2 cents.

As for the OEM diffuser. Yes, the last tap that holds the OEM diffuser on either side was riveted so you need to drill it out, but it can be easily reinstall using screws in place of the old rivets.

If you search on the forum when I first started the diffuser installation, all of the shops that does this for a living says the bumper needs to come off for a perfect fit.

My suggestion is you can always try to install it yourself to see if there are gaps since we are talking about 2 different style of diffuser. If there are gaps as seen on my photos, you can always bring it to a shop and ask them to remove your rear bumper for that perfect fit.

Good luck.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

if u are near orange, i can give u a great shop that can install without any bumper issues,

you probably wont even need a shop tho, as long as the diffuser is got accurate build and good thick tabs, youll be fine

post some pics of the tabs, ill give u myimpression