W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What made you choose E63 over Panamera Turbo , RS7 or M5?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 10:08 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63, Cobra replica, 68 Camaro, 66 Chevy II SS, Z4 BMW, Honda Element, Birel 125cc Shifter Kart.
I've had all but the RS7, (never owned an Audi), and this is my fourth AMG. Four me, the E63 and AMG's in general are more of an all around great car that does it all without standing out. I really like the stealth nature of these cars and the torque. Plus, the MB dealer is the closest to my house.

Porsche: Really like them and will own a 911 Turbo someday when I can live with a two seater. Possibly my next car. Panamera styling sucks.
Audi: Seems over priced, long distance to the dealer, RS7 styling isn't for me.
BMW: Also nice cars and I've owned a few. Had a bad experience with my local dealer and so will never own another.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:10 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified)
If I had the choice over all of these it would be RS7 hands down. My S4 was bulletproof reliable and I know 3 people that have had RS7s for a while now and they have been bulletproof as well even with crazy tunes and modifications.

Audi is much higher on the car reliability charts than most here realize.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 162 Posts
Trek Bike
used to be BMW fanatic for ~25 years, E60 M5 was wake up call...
Happy with AMG super car, won't go back
And never considered Audi, VW, Porsche...
Old 11-08-2015, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
You started a thread to ask for peoples opinions, I stated my opinion. If my opinion contrasts with yours, so be it. I don't like how the Porsche looks. I'm glad you like it. If you think the Porsche performs better, that's great too perhaps you just found your new car!

My experience with Audi and the pulse from people that I know who have had Audi suggests in a non-scientific way that they are less reliable than Mercedes. That being said this may once again be in contrast to your opinion, you did ask for peoples opinions.
Bro, I don't know what I said that made you think I was mocking your opinion.

I' apologize if I made you feel that way.

I have no qualms with Panamera's looks lol- well -not talking about stock but rather modified mansory one's that I see online. Stock however, does look kinda iffy.

2016 Panemera is coming in March- rumours flying that they are working on design.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
AMG doesn't have that many options like Porsche does - example - Exhaust -(one button with sound and all) - PDK - Handling- superior AWD (maybe next

gen S 4matic will be better ) I know I can get remote control exhaust installed lol

Also maybe it's the area where I live in but Porsche opens people's eyes and talk about owning a Mercedes - meh!

lol maybe that's why Porsche is still able to get away with charging a premium ?

believe it or not - I still see old people in Mercedes -yes I am behind all of you in ranks with my old E55 but Mercedes isn't doing anything fancy for the AMG

brand and also don't we lose value way faster than BMW M's , RS series and Porsche Turbos?

Yes, modding platform is better on Benz plus the 5.5L and all.

I have never driver the cars I'm talking about yet- I will eventually but just wanted to see what the folks who had the $ power to buy -why didn't they buy n

came back to AMGs .

The most Ill be modding-would be tune and down-pipes or headers. Right now I only got a tune and S/C pulley on E55 -that's why I'm gravitating towards a car

which already comes loaded.

What about elite car choices ? Astons , wait is their another 4 door super car?

March-Feb is when I'll make my final decision. So I got time.

Also, once again- I'm sorry in advance but I am not insulting or mocking anyone's opinion- I respect them all- you are all smarter and more experienced than I am in matters of cars.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
homeless
Originally Posted by viren.89
AMG doesn't have that many options like Porsche does - example - Exhaust -(one button with sound and all) - PDK - Handling- superior AWD (maybe next

gen S 4matic will be better ) I know I can get remote control exhaust installed lol

Also maybe it's the area where I live in but Porsche opens people's eyes and talk about owning a Mercedes - meh!

lol maybe that's why Porsche is still able to get away with charging a premium ?

believe it or not - I still see old people in Mercedes -yes I am behind all of you in ranks with my old E55 but Mercedes isn't doing anything fancy for the AMG

brand and also don't we lose value way faster than BMW M's , RS series and Porsche Turbos?

I have never driver the cars I'm talking about yet- I will eventually but just wanted to see what the folks who had the $ power to buy -why didn't they buy n

came back to AMGs .

The most Ill be modding-would be tune and down-pipes or headers. Right now I only got a tune and S/C pulley on E55 -that's why I'm gravitating towards a car

Also, once again- I'm sorry in advance but I am not insulting or mocking anyone's opinion- I respect them all- you are all smarter and more experienced than I am in matters of cars.

I have personally driven all 4 of these vehicles (friend owns m5, another owns the panamera turbo S, rs7 was a tester). I loved the m5 however I wanted awd, rs7 wasn't for me just personal opinion didn't like the way it drove, good looking car though. The panamera feels really big and I did not like looks what so ever, the inside did feel awesome though, except a bit too busy in the center stack. From my own personal driving of the panamera (yes I got to drive it hard and get on it) the amg performs better...Just from my own experience.

I do miss hearing the e60 m5 straight piped though, those v10's screamed.

Last edited by marcolarco52; 11-12-2015 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:07 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 E63 S (white wagon), 2016 Viper ACR Extreme, 2005 Porsche GT3 Cup race car,2020 GLE
Wagon ,all wheel drive and I can smoke 99% of what tries to follow me
Old 11-09-2015, 01:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned

came back to AMGs .

No worries I probably misunderstood

Ultimately you gotta feel good in your skin .. If it's a Porsche then it shouldn't matter what anyone thinks of it other than you in terms of looks --- that's so subjective

Performance can be measured and you'll get a feel for that

The cars you're looking at offer elite car performance for a fraction of the price and with more reliability and daily drivability, that may be a consideration for you
Old 11-10-2015, 04:41 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 E63 AMG S SEDAN, 2010 E550 SEDAN
2014 Bentley flying spur another 4 door sports car

Last edited by megasaurus; 11-10-2015 at 04:48 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:42 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 E63 AMG S SEDAN, 2010 E550 SEDAN
4 door cars

Maserati Ghibli
Maserati Quattroporte

Last edited by megasaurus; 11-10-2015 at 04:48 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 AMG E63S, Corvette ZR1, 2015 Escalade
Originally Posted by durask
I looked at Audi S6 and I drove Audis for 12 years before that and I liked it but E63 was more powerful, liked the handling better and E63 had inflatable seat bolsters. Yes I liked them that much, LOL.

M5 - no AWD - as such - no go (I live in New England).

Cadillac CTS-V - again, no AWD, no go. I actually like the new CTS-V quite a bit. Handles extremely well IMHO.

Porsche - don't like the design, dealership is extremely far.

Also considered Tesla P85D and liked it, but the interior is too cheap for the price they are asking. For me the final choice was between Tesla and E63 and E63 felt like more car for similar money.

Very similar here.... I actually ordered the Tesla P85D and cancelled my order because they didn't have a service center in New Orleans.

New Caddy CTS-V wasn't out yet.

BMW service locally is awful, very bad. My wife had a X6... Never again.

Audi RS7 isn't my favorite style wise. If they had a RS6 available I might be driving one now.

Porsche is to expensive and wouldn't fit my 6ft+ kids in the back seat.

Love my E...
Old 11-10-2015, 10:11 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
AMG biturbo for one reason. RS7 is *** end ugly, Panarmera is *** end ugly and heavy and BMW is just , well you know, it just a bemmer.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 11-11-2015, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
Thanks all for responses.

I guess at that level-one just stops caring so much about "numbers" cuz it comes to driver and starts caring more about "looks".

I really like Panamera Turbo Executive (6 inches) longer than regular Turbo. I'm leaning towards it. I will test drive all of em -to see which gives me the

"feeling" lol

I've been with E55 for 4 years- it's no match with your E63s but whenever I unlock it and drive it- i still feel like I have power n still WOWs me lol
Old 11-12-2015, 04:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
2019 E63 S
Thanks all for responses.

I guess at that level-one just stops caring so much about "numbers" cuz it comes to driver and starts caring more about "looks".

I really like Panamera Turbo Executive (6 inches) longer than regular Turbo. I'm leaning towards it. I will test drive all of em -to see which gives me the

"feeling" lol

I've been with E55 for 4 years- it's no match with your E63s but whenever I unlock it and drive it- i still feel like I have power n still WOWs me lol
I have both an E63 S and a Panamera GTS.

I test drove the Panny Turbo exec and hated it. Way too quiet. The extra length took away a lot of the fun.

E63 S is faster, better engine noise and much better visibility (the Panny's rear visibility is just terrible).

Panny feels more luxurious. Better fit and finish inside for sure. Better material quality inside. And significantly better/tighter handling than E63 S.

Cannot go wrong with either.
Attached Thumbnails What made you choose E63 over Panamera Turbo , RS7 or M5?-photo984.jpg   What made you choose E63 over Panamera Turbo , RS7 or M5?-photo241.jpg   What made you choose E63 over Panamera Turbo , RS7 or M5?-photo372.jpg   What made you choose E63 over Panamera Turbo , RS7 or M5?-photo301.jpg  
Old 11-13-2015, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by sdg1871
I have both an E63 S and a Panamera GTS.

I test drove the Panny Turbo exec and hated it. Way too quiet. The extra length took away a lot of the fun.

E63 S is faster, better engine noise and much better visibility (the Panny's rear visibility is just terrible).

Panny feels more luxurious. Better fit and finish inside for sure. Better material quality inside. And significantly better/tighter handling than E63 S.

Cannot go wrong with either.
The more I got into researching- I found out that RS7 is the best car with "tune" only added HP - gains somewhere around over 80hp with 91-93

octane and if you go 103 it's goes over 100hp with just a "tune". I've never owned an Audi but I'm wondering a boost raised car with 4.0L engine

compared with AMG 5.5L and 4.8L in Porsche- wouldn't it deteriorate car's engine sooner. That's a lot of gain with just a tune- why would manufacturer keep such a huge gap if it was

possible and totally safe?

Then I started seeing videos online -RS7 is brutal https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_u...si_rs6rs7.html that's APR's posting and you can get it tuned from Audi dealer lol

isn't that like SRT ?
Old 11-13-2015, 11:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

The more I got into researching- I found out that RS7 is the best car with "tune" only added HP - gains somewhere around over 80hp with 91-93

octane and if you go 103 it's goes over 100hp with just a "tune". I've never owned an Audi but I'm wondering a boost raised car with 4.0L engine

compared with AMG 5.5L and 4.8L in Porsche- wouldn't it deteriorate car's engine sooner. That's a lot of gain with just a tune- why would manufacturer keep such a huge gap if it was

possible and totally safe?

Then I started seeing videos online -RS7 is brutal https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_u...si_rs6rs7.html that's APR's posting and you can get it tuned from Audi dealer lol

isn't that like SRT ?
The manufacturer keeps an engine power to a certain level for many reasons, some of which are reliability, fuel economy, noise/vibration/harshness, maintenance requirements, safety, marketing

If you value your warranty a lot you won't modify your car
Old 11-13-2015, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
The manufacturer keeps an engine power to a certain level for many reasons, some of which are reliability, fuel economy, noise/vibration/harshness, maintenance requirements, safety, marketing

If you value your warranty a lot you won't modify your car

Don't you think though that it's a huge safety of margin though?

here's a video

Apparently it's just a tune on RS7 -

btw the race with CLS63 something seems off- the 1/4 time for CLS is worse than of a stock car lol
Old 11-13-2015, 12:02 PM
Out Of Control!!

Don't you think though that it's a huge safety of margin though?

here's a video

Fastest Audi RS7 in the world — APR | Total Race - YouTube

Apparently it's just a tune on RS7 -

btw the race with CLS63 something seems off- the 1/4 time for CLS is worse than of a stock car lol
The safety margin is entirely speculative and truly only the engineers of the drivetrain can know best why there was so much "untapped" potential. But the other issues are just as important to Benz: Fuel economy and meeting the cafe standards, noise and vibes, wear and tear on the drivetrain and maintenance requirements. They don't want you to have to replace spark plugs every 10k miles or oil changes every 3000 miles...that's not the daily driver that they designed

It's not just about the power output for a car company

There are not enough tuned amg's in the world to know the data for the true cost of ownership, reliability etc for a tuned amg... And if there are anecdotally "lots of guys with tuned amg's" there is not a truly objective database of their experiences that would catalogue any problems they have had related directly to the tune
Old 11-13-2015, 12:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2020 GLS450, W108 280SEL, 2009 CLK550, Sold: 2012 E63 PP, 2017 Silverado, 2016 Cayenne GTS, 2005 911
Bought my E63 for stealth-power (gotta have the P30), styling, fit & finish. I, too, have an MB dealer 2mi down the road which is very convenient. Throughout college I valet parked cars and the Audi owners complained the most about reliability so I will never buy one; although that was a long time ago I still hear Audi horror stories from my friends/neighbors. The E63 does it all for me, sounds great every morning I fire it up (the neighbors dog barks, It's 6:45am, I love it) - flies like a 3500lb car in S+, totes the wife & kids to family events with comfort in C-mode and I can take my buddies golfing. My 911 barely holds my clubs without damaging the leather.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
the more I research, the more I'm going away from AMGs - although it'll be cheapest and has the biggest engine for bragging right and could do wonders with

Turbo upgrades but the most I've modded my car is tune and s/c pulled lol- so I keep leaning towards cars which with similar mods would put even a bigger smile on my

face until I decide to go with something else lol. My neighbour has RS7 -totally stock. Looks decent.

AMGs even with the new interior -doesn't tickle the fickle lol - Also the fact that you can get most options via factory with Porsche n Audi compared to AMG with aftermarket.

Also the transmission? no one has beaten Porsche in that department yet. I guess it's to a point now, where only testing these would do them justice.

Did you guys know- Audi doesn't come with ventilated seats? only heated! - Also looks wise at -least RS7 gets more points right?

Please- i hope no one gets offended cuz I'm inclining towards Porsche in AMG forum. Keep in mind I still own E55 AMG lol
Old 11-13-2015, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth

nothing is off... this isnt a prepped drag strip... its a regular road in russia with most of the people running street tires, hence the difference from true 1/4 mile times.... also this event is a 1/2 mile event

you will never get a 850 hp rwd car to run the 1/4 as fast on the street in street tires as you would on a prepped track and drag radials

AWD will run closer to its track times since it can hook better... thus why you see the AWD audi smoking the RWD benz when on regular tires and regular street in this vid even though the benz has 100 hp more.... doesnt do any good on the street from a dig ...(60-130mph pulls would be a different story)

Last edited by gaspam; 11-13-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
http://www.audiboost.com/content.php...lus-to-the-USA

lol Audi also coming out with a "Plus" model - similar to our "AMG-S" and "M-competition"
Old 11-13-2015, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by gaspam
nothing is off... this isnt a prepped drag strip... its a regular road in russia with most of the people running street tires, hence the difference from true 1/4 mile times.... also this event is a 1/2 mile event

you will never get a 850 hp rwd car to run the 1/4 as fast on the street in street tires as you would on a prepped track and drag radials

AWD will run closer to its track times since it can hook better... thus why you see the AWD audi smoking the RWD benz when on regular tires and regular street in this vid even though the benz has 100 hp more.... doesnt do any good on the street from a dig ...(60-130mph pulls would be a different story)
I thought that AMG was with 4 matic- also does the number make you conclude that the tires are not drags n regular street tires?

Those models don't have launch?

A non-modded AMG-S has better 1/4 time right?

Just trying to understand what did I miss and you saw- (trying to learn)
Old 11-13-2015, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
I thought that AMG was with 4 matic- also does the number make you conclude that the tires are not drags n regular street tires?

Those models don't have launch?

A non-modded AMG-S has better 1/4 time right?

Just trying to understand what did I miss and you saw- (trying to learn)

2014+ cls63 have AWD... that is not a 2014+, you can tell by front end, so it is rwd

and you can clearly see on the pictures on dragtime.ru that they are not drag radials http://www.dragtimes.ru/en/cars/1289 .... would not make much sense to run drag radials for a 1/2 mile event any ways
Old 11-13-2015, 01:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

That particular cls in the vid is rwd

The Audi drivetrain is stellar, no doubt, and the pdk is stellar... Not much superior

When you're spending this type of cash you better love how it looks so it shouldn't matter what we think and I welcome discussion of all cars and take no offense

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What made you choose E63 over Panamera Turbo , RS7 or M5?