Sponsored by:

07 E63 Front Engine Cover Reseal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 01:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C450 AMG Sport
07 E63 Front Engine Cover Reseal

New to the forum! Not sure if posting to the right place, but oh well. Hoping to reach out to those who know more than me on this topic. Just picked up an 07 E63 and noticed an engine oil leak, purchased anyways because of the amazing deal I got.
Leak was determined to be a "Front Engine Cover Seal" I asked the dealer how much the quote would be and after the assessment they told me they would have to basically remove the whole front end of the car (power steering rig and other stuff). This job was quoted at ~$900 (about 3 hours of labor), which seemed kind of low for that kind of job but i just accepted it.

I leave the car with them and a few days later they call me and let me know that they had made a mistake and that the repair required the removal of the engine and the new quote was ~$5300 (about 33 hours of labor), my jaw dropped as my shiny new car just became a money pit. To my surprise the dealer accepted fault for incorrectly stating the required labor for the reseal and said instead of charging the additional ~$4k in labor they would just charge an addtl $1k and eat the cost of lost labor.

My question to you seasoned knowledgeable people is: How much is an engine-out job usually cost at an MB dealer for these cars? Are they giving me the ol' bait and switch? Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!
AP

Last edited by AP E63; 11-04-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C450 AMG Sport
Just realized I posted in the wrong place with no idea how to delete it.. Sorry all.