Old 02-09-2016, 04:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
e63
Exclamation pp performance

i have two problems
1-i just got my car tune by pp performance
after the tune 4-5 days the car is lossing power and coming back to stock power
i checked the car no problem did this happen to any one before

2- one problem 2 year ago very one or two week the engine viberts like hell and when i turn the engine off and back on it dispir i don't know what is it
and it is sill there
Old 02-10-2016, 07:52 AM

e63
:-((
Old 02-10-2016, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
What year car? Who is "PeePee" performance cos it almost sounds like you are punking us

EDIT: Its clear my "humor" did not come through on this so let me add. Sure I did not know who PP performance were, but I did assume they were real but from somewhere outside of the US.

Last edited by kponti; 02-11-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 09:31 AM

e63
here is the web site
http://www.pp-performance.de
Old 02-10-2016, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by kponti
What year car? Who is "PeePee" performance cos it almost sounds like you are punking us
they have been around for a while in germany and UAE and have a few 63's in low 10's with ~140mph trap speeds... you see a lot from them on boost addict

heres their e63 4matic going 10.13

Old 02-10-2016, 12:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
One question I have with these tunes from Germany is if they do anything specific to account for the US 91/93 octane gasoline. They generally have better gasoline there, so we could run into problems here if the tune does not account for the slightly lower octane gas.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:44 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by mjd222
i have two problems

2- one problem 2 year ago very one or two week the engine viberts like hell and when i turn the engine off and back on it dispir i don't know what is it
and it is sill there
get your spark plugs checked by dealer, or get the new ones they issued
Old 02-10-2016, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by joseyu
One question I have with these tunes from Germany is if they do anything specific to account for the US 91/93 octane gasoline. They generally have better gasoline there, so we could run into problems here if the tune does not account for the slightly lower octane gas.
the measurement unit used for gas octane is not the same there as here... they post the numbers in a different unit

US and Europe calculate it in different ways which makes US fuel look like it has a lower rating but in reality they've got the same rating. US shows the average of the Research Octane Number (RON) and Motor Octane Number (MON) rating, which is the Anti-Knock Index (AKI) also known as (R+M)/2, while Europe just shows the RON rating which gives a higher number than the MON rating.

super in usa is 93 (R+M)/2.... in germany its 98 RON.... same octane just different measurement method... kinda like measuring gal here vs liters there... 1 gal does not equal 1 Liter, just like 1 (R+M)/2 (usa measurement of octane) does not equal 1 RON (european measurement of octane)

Last edited by gaspam; 02-10-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 03:53 PM

AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
I am well aware of the difference in the way gasoline is rated in the US vs Europe. If the Germans tune their cars to 98 RON, which is 93 AKI, how do they sell their tunes to people in states like California, who only have 91 AKI or 95 RON. Better yet, 100 RON (95 AKI) is widely available in Germany and it wouldn't surprise me that some tuners there will tune their cars to this grade of gasoline for more perfornamce. Do they sell the same tunes here? For smaller tuners in Germany, is this fact overlooked when they try to sell the same tune to cars in the US?

Originally Posted by gaspam
the measurement unit used for gas octane is not the same there as here... they post the numbers in a different unit

US and Europe calculate it in different ways which makes US fuel look like it has a lower rating but in reality they've got the same rating. US shows the average of the Research Octane Number (RON) and Motor Octane Number (MON) rating, which is the Anti-Knock Index (AKI) also known as (R+M)/2, while Europe just shows the RON rating which gives a higher number than the MON rating.

super in usa is 93 (R+M)/2.... in germany its 98 RON.... same octane just different measurement method... kinda like measuring gal here vs liters there... 1 gal does not equal 1 Liter, just like 1 (R+M)/2 (usa measurement of octane) does not equal 1 RON (european measurement of octane)
Old 02-10-2016, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I am well aware of the difference in the way gasoline is rated in the US vs Europe. If the Germans tune their cars to 98 RON, which is 93 AKI, how do they sell their tunes to people in states like California, who only have 91 AKI or 95 RON. Better yet, 100 RON (95 AKI) is widely available in Germany and it wouldn't surprise me that some tuners there will tune their cars to this grade of gasoline for more perfornamce. Do they sell the same tunes here? For smaller tuners in Germany, is this fact overlooked when they try to sell the same tune to cars in the US?
they do it the same way ams, weistec and renntech do it here, they give you a tune either for 93 or 91 depending on where you are and what you tell them you use... I have never heard of a tuner that sends a customer a tune without asking what octane they are running
Old 02-10-2016, 04:20 PM

AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
Thanks. Now I am wondering where the OP is based and if PP asked for his octance preference.

they do it the same way ams, weistec and renntech do it here, they give you a tune either for 93 or 91 depending on where you are and what you tell them you use... I have never heard of a tuner that sends a customer a tune without asking what octane they are running
Old 02-11-2016, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
And I have never heard of a tuner asking what octane rating to tune your car to. Also most modern ECUs will automatically adjust to whatever octane you put in the car. That is why with no changes just adding 5 gallons of 110 octane to my almost half full tank and running it about 4 mins on the dyno, I picked up 20rwhp.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

And I have never heard of a tuner asking what octane rating to tune your car to. Also most modern ECUs will automatically adjust to whatever octane you put in the car. That is why with no changes just adding 5 gallons of 110 octane to my almost half full tank and running it about 4 mins on the dyno, I picked up 20rwhp.
Then you haven't been in the tuning world very long ( which sounds about right since you never heard of PP performance ), because most of the tuners for Audi VW Porsche BMW and the JDM guys have selectable files based on what octane you're running ... In my Audi B5 S4 it has 4 selectable tune files based upon octane (go to apr site and see all the selectable Tuesday offer for Audi Volkswagen and Porsche )

And yes modern ECUs will compensate but not by adding a bunch of power.....they compensate for lower octane by pulling timing thus reducing your power

Now if you put a higher octane in there such as race fuel you may pick up some power that you otherwise werent getting because your knock sensors were telling your car to pull timing on your regular file , but then when you put in a higher octane you got slightly less detonation / knock and so your ECU pulled less timing( does she picked up a little power that you were previously losing) but it's certainly not adding timing beyond what your car was already tuned for on regular gas
Old 02-11-2016, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Then you haven't been in the tuning world very long ( which sounds about right since you never heard of PP performance ), because most of the tuners for Audi VW Porsche BMW and the JDM guys have selectable files based on what octane you're running ... In my Audi B5 S4 it has 4 selectable tune files based upon octane (go to apr site and see all the selectable Tuesday offer for Audi Volkswagen and Porsche )

And yes modern ECUs will compensate but not by adding a bunch of power.....they compensate for lower octane by pulling timing thus reducing your power

Now if you put a higher octane in there such as race fuel you may pick up some power that you otherwise werent getting because your knock sensors were telling your car to pull timing on your regular file , but then when you put in a higher octane you got slightly less detonation / knock and so your ECU pulled less timing( does she picked up a little power that you were previously losing) but it's certainly not adding timing beyond what your car was already tuned for on regular gas
Lol I guess personally tuning standalones, rewritable Eeprom chips and piggybacks since the late 90s is rather recent.

I was referring to the E63 tuners you yourself referenced
Old 02-11-2016, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
i have two problems

and it is sill there
-The vibration/shaking that goes away after a restart is because your car goes into limp mode. Seems you are misfiring quite a bit. Might want to check out the state of your spark plugs.
-You might want to check with PPP as well to see if they have some more info for you since you just got the tune

What year is your car? How many miles on it? Are you on factory plugs?
Old 02-11-2016, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lol I guess personally tuning standalones, rewritable Eeprom chips and piggybacks since the late 90s is rather recent.

I was referring to the E63 tuners you yourself referenced
Aren't you the guy that started a different thread because can't figure out why your dyno numbers came in low? Maybe you should've told renntech your octane, because when I got my tune from them they had me fill out a sheet and one of the questions was octane running

You're also the guy that thought PP performance was somebody's idea of Punkin you

Carry on lol
Old 02-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
This. On that sweet, sweet European Shell VPower all our cars are faster.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Maybe you should've told renntech your octane, because when I got my tune from them they had me fill out a sheet and one of the questions was octane running.
I wrote that sheet back when I worked for Hartmut- glad it was helpful!
Old 02-11-2016, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Aren't you the guy that started a different thread because can't figure out why your dyno numbers came in low? Maybe you should've told renntech your octane, because when I got my tune from them they had me fill out a sheet and one of the questions was octane running

You're also the guy that thought PP performance was somebody's idea of Punkin you

Carry on lol
Yep same guy! And if you have not noticed, ALL the current flock of MB tuners operate under a code of secrecy. No one has any idea exactly what they are modifying in their tunes except that they ask for more boost.
Renntech's response was, "we gave you our best tune, check with dealer if you aren't getting the power you should have"
AMS did not ask for a octane when I was considering going with them (changed my mind cos my car is CPO and my dealer did the Renntech for me). Renntech told me they have the same tune regardless of 91 vs 93 octane (I have 93 octane here, the difference is simply 1 or 2 degrees of timing anyway on the top end if I had to guess)

Oh I was not asking for why I was not making power, I was showing the power delta in my case with Renntech. I did have some misfire though after the tune and it was a concern to me.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Speedriven1
I wrote that sheet back when I worked for Hartmut- glad it was helpful!
Yes sir sure was! I guess some other people on this thread didn't get the same sheet from renntech though
Old 02-15-2016, 08:34 AM

e63
yes i have the stock plugs
PPP told me to use HKS plugs

one more Q i have O2 sensor filer
does the O2 effect the performance of the car
Old 02-15-2016, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
yes i have the stock plugs
PPP told me to use HKS plugs

one more Q i have O2 sensor filer
does the O2 effect the performance of the car
O2 filer is like the fouler? That should not affect your power output if it was only done on the secondary sensors. Might not work and you might still get a catalytic code if it's not working right. But shouldn't affect output or cause misfire
Old 02-15-2016, 03:44 PM

e63
i meant
i have code O2 sensor failures i clear it but after 1 or 2 days it came back
so if the O2 sensor isn't working does it effect the engine performance???
Old 02-15-2016, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
i meant
The function of the O2 sensor is to communicate with the ECU Lean, Rich or Stoich fuel mixture condition. If have a problem with the O2 sensor, the ECU is flying without the AFR info. Not the end of the world if you are monitoring your AFRs some other way.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i meant
it will affect fuel economy by preventing your ecu from going into closed loop function... When no signal is received from the O2 sensor your car will stay in open loop and run off programmed maps (it already does this during start up when car is cold and WOT).... these maps are static so they are not adjusting like your car would be in closed loop function using o2 info, thus less fuel efficient (running rich)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: pp performance