Electrical problems in my recently bought E63 2009

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes AMG E63 W212 2009
Unhappy Electrical problems in my recently bought E63 2009

Hi.

I,ve had my E63 for a week now, there has been a couple of problems with the car and the seller has a guarantee that will repair them. But there some strange electrical problems also, among them is the interiou floor lightning that
flashes at a steady interval when doors are open. The roof lightning must be turned on manually and want turn on when the doors open. Finally the "Parking" button above the gear shifter just works every other time.

I'm also curios in what the engine code 0745 means?

In less then a week i got the yellow engine light, had a collision with a deer, found out that it´s not just the xenon bulb thats broken but the whole headlight unit, a wheel for the multi belt exploded and the belt is no more. Along with the electrical problems.

The car is at a Amg-center right know for some guarantee repairs of the light and the belt. But if you have any clues for my electrical problems and the engine code 0745, please let me know!

Kindly / Jörgen
Sweden
Old 02-25-2016, 04:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S
OBD II P0745
Fault Code Definition

Pressure Control Solenoid Malfunction
What does this mean?
The purpose of the automatic transmission is to match the engine's optimum power and torque characteristics to the driver's desired rate of acceleration and speed by auto-selecting different gear ratios or 'speeds' to power the wheels. The Pressure Control Solenoid controls the hydraulic pressure in the transmission which is needed to apply the various clutch packs in the transmission that provide the different gear ratios needed to efficiently propel the vehicle down the roadways.

When the code P0745 is set in the Powertrain Computer, it means that the Powertrain Computer or PCM is not seeing the specified electrical voltage drops from the Pressure Control Solenoid as it performs its tasks or, it sees correct electrical readings but the performance of the Pressure Control Solenoid is incorrect.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes AMG E63 W212 2009
Originally Posted by 1809
OBD II P0745
Fault Code Definition

Pressure Control Solenoid Malfunction
What does this mean?
The purpose of the automatic transmission is to match the engine's optimum power and torque characteristics to the driver's desired rate of acceleration and speed by auto-selecting different gear ratios or 'speeds' to power the wheels. The Pressure Control Solenoid controls the hydraulic pressure in the transmission which is needed to apply the various clutch packs in the transmission that provide the different gear ratios needed to efficiently propel the vehicle down the roadways.

When the code P0745 is set in the Powertrain Computer, it means that the Powertrain Computer or PCM is not seeing the specified electrical voltage drops from the Pressure Control Solenoid as it performs its tasks or, it sees correct electrical readings but the performance of the Pressure Control Solenoid is incorrect.
Ok thanks, that was a more understandable answer then i got from the workshop. The workshop now wants to check the camshaft on the exhaust side to see if it has moved out of its place for some reason beeing bad engine oil or so. But it sounds more like a electrical problem to me.

Another MB workshop said that it could mean that the engines air intake has a leakege and therefor the 0745 code.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by Nineleven
Ok thanks, that was a more understandable answer then i got from the workshop. The workshop now wants to check the camshaft on the exhaust side to see if it has moved out of its place for some reason beeing bad engine oil or so. But it sounds more like a electrical problem to me.

Another MB workshop said that it could mean that the engines air intake has a leakege and therefor the 0745 code.
Don't thank me... thank Google