2016 e63 won't drive, help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 E63 Sedan
2016 e63 won't drive, help

hi guys,

I just leased a new e63 amg in April 2016.

This afternoon I get in my car, and the drivers assistance & parking sensors all are red/yellow saying "not active, not functioning." I turn on the car (engine roars up), but check engine light is on. When I try put the car in drive or reverse & give it gas, car doesn't move and the RPMs barely goes over 1.5 RPMs. Can't hear the engine rev as gas is applied.

Full tank of gas, battery is not dead as all the other electronics work fine. No accidents, no water damage. nothing!

The car only has 950 miles on it.

I was 150 miles away from my home visiting my buddy, I had to have my car town to MB in my home town, left it at the dealer, had to go to an airport and rent a car. dealer is closed & not open tomorrow (memorial day).

My questions are..

1. What the hell is going on - (electrical??) I called MB roadside they did some pointless "reset" tricks that did nothing.

2. What should I expect from MB? Will they pay for this rental? What if the car is in the shop for a couple of weeks, do I get any recourse on my lease (1440 a month!!).

3. Is this a common thing - and if so can someone link me up to that thread.

I'm pretty saddened that this car already has issues.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,893 Likes on 1,327 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by vparekh
hi guys,

This afternoon I get in my car, and the drivers assistance & parking sensors all are red/yellow saying "not active, not functioning." I turn on the car (engine roars up), but check engine light is on. When I try put the car in drive or reverse & give it gas, car doesn't move and the RPMs barely goes over 1.5 RPMs. Can't hear the engine rev as gas is applied.

Full tank of gas, battery is not dead as all the other electronics work fine. No accidents, no water damage. nothing!

I was 150 miles away from my home visiting my buddy, I had to have my car town to MB in my home town, left it at the dealer, had to go to an airport and rent a car. dealer is closed & not open tomorrow (memorial day).

My questions are..

1. What the hell is going on - (electrical??) I called MB roadside they did some pointless "reset" tricks that did nothing.

2. What should I expect from MB? Will they pay for this rental? What if the car is in the shop for a couple of weeks, do I get any recourse on my lease (1440 a month!!).

Any compensation for lost time behind the wheel will have to be negotiated first with the dealer then with Mbusa, it's not automatically given to you ... I would expect a lease payment if it was down two or three weeks but I doubt it will be... This may be a simple fix... Crap happens and this is not a common issue you have but I hear your frustration and understand how you're feeling

The rental will have to be negotiated as well but if they agree to comp you for time away from the wheel they will also help you with the rental

Last edited by PeterUbers; 05-29-2016 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 08:00 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 G63 AMG
Luck of the draw. Definitely not common. Sucks losing the car on a holiday but as mentioned it's probably something very simple and will be fixed in a day. One bad module can throw the whole car off. If the problem is constant they will know exactly the cause once hooked up to their system. To give you an idea I have a 14 and it's been 3 years not one issue.

Originally Posted by vparekh
hi guys,

My questions are..

Old 05-31-2016, 02:46 AM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
no MBs at the moment :(
Unfortunately can't help you, but definitely would appreciate an update with the resolution.

Good luck!
Old 06-01-2016, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 154 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
"2016 e63 won't drive...950 miles on it" - very disconcerting!
Old 06-01-2016, 03:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Curious if op knows what it is

Often people never post the conclusion
Old 06-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Any updates?