Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 04:50 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
2012 E63
Weistec recommends .024 as well
Old 09-01-2016, 12:02 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 E63 AMG, 2013 E350 4matic (SOLD), 2006 C55 AMG (SOLD)
Originally Posted by vcci
i'm happy to report that my cpu is on its way back from RT. Shipped to them yesterday, they did their magic and sent it back. Should be here tomorrow. I asked my SA to replace the plugs and service the trans and was told its not necessary. He says trans service is not due till 60k and that the plugs should be fine. Hopefully they don't fail and cause the car to go in to limp mode. Will report back with with feedback on the tune. Though i can't comment on the tune(yet) i can say that RT was very professional and responsive to each one of my calls. I plan on DP's in the near future but first want to find some wheels with the right offset followed by the RT HAS kit.
Congratulations on the tune!

From my personal experience, I would just replace the plugs as a preventive measure and replace the plugs every 10-15K miles thereafter. I ended up replacing my plugs due to a spark blowout at the track. Upon inspecting the old plugs, the shop couldn't find anything visually wrong with the plugs (see attached photo). As for gapping the plugs, it's gapped to stock spec .28 and no issues thus far.
Attached Thumbnails Renntech tune or EC+DP?-20160615_173140.jpg  
Old 09-01-2016, 05:21 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E63s
[QUOTE=silvers2k;6904275]Congratulations on the tune!

Thanks...After the tune the car definitely feels much much stronger. It seemed as it was getting stronger the more i drove it. When I drove it at night is when it really felt scary fast. When I first bought the car it felt scary fast but after a year of ownership it began to feel slow even though its was just as fast. I hope the tuned power doesn't wear off that quickly. Gonna try to get it on a dyno to see what its putting down. Does it take time for the car to adapt to the tune or was the car(transmission) adapting to my driving habits since the battery was disconnected for a couple of days?
Old 09-01-2016, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
[QUOTE=vcci;6905023]
Originally Posted by silvers2k
Congratulations on the tune!

Thanks...After the tune the car definitely feels much much stronger. It seemed as it was getting stronger the more i drove it. When I drove it at night is when it really felt scary fast. When I first bought the car it felt scary fast but after a year of ownership it began to feel slow even though its was just as fast. I hope the tuned power doesn't wear off that quickly. Gonna try to get it on a dyno to see what its putting down. Does it take time for the car to adapt to the tune or was the car(transmission) adapting to my driving habits since the battery was disconnected for a couple of days?

Almost all modern ecus have long term adaptations. As they continue to cycle maps, the ecu will adjust accordingly. Typically, power will climb as adaptation progresses. but its not going to be mind blowing increase also usually takes around 75-100 miles to adapt