Notices
W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heavy traffic, early oil change?

 
Old 08-24-2016, 06:47 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: New England
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Past: 2016 E63S Wagon, F80 M3
heavy traffic, early oil change?

Hi, so recently purchased a 2016 E63S Wagon, which I plan to own for a long time and would like some advise on how to keep the engine healthy for years.

I drive in bumper to bumper traffic daily and wondering if it would be better to get more frequent oil change...any opinion on this? Car has about 6000 miles.

Also, the throttle response seems tad sluggish after days driving in traffic. Is there a way to reset the throttle adaptation?

Thanks!

BK
bkfastwagon is offline  
Old 08-24-2016, 08:45 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 951
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
W212 E63 AMG S Model
Originally Posted by bkfastwagon View Post
Hi, so recently purchased a 2016 E63S Wagon, which I plan to own for a long time and would like some advise on how to keep the engine healthy for years.

I drive in bumper to bumper traffic daily and wondering if it would be better to get more frequent oil change...any opinion on this? Car has about 6000 miles.

Also, the throttle response seems tad sluggish after days driving in traffic. Is there a way to reset the throttle adaptation?

Thanks!

BK
When I drive in traffic I drive in Comfort mode because I dont want my S and S+ mode to get used to my "driving in traffic" pattern.
efiftyfizzle is offline  
Old 08-24-2016, 09:32 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
PeterUbers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,724
Likes: 0
Received 497 Likes on 418 Posts
2014 E63S, 2014 Acura MDX, 2008 Infiniti G35x
Originally Posted by bkfastwagon View Post
Hi, so recently purchased a 2016 E63S Wagon, which I plan to own for a long time and would like some advise on how to keep the engine healthy for years.

I drive in bumper to bumper traffic daily and wondering if it would be better to get more frequent oil change...any opinion on this? Car has about 6000 miles.

Also, the throttle response seems tad sluggish after days driving in traffic. Is there a way to reset the throttle adaptation?

Thanks!

BK
1. Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position.

2. Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.

3. Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.

4. Wait at least two minutes for ECU to reset.
PeterUbers is online now  
The following 2 users liked this post by PeterUbers:
cadeca (08-25-2016), Johnny Rad (08-25-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 12:12 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 56
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by PeterUbers View Post
1. Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position.

2. Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.

3. Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.

4. Wait at least two minutes for ECU to reset.
Does this have to be done with the key inserted and not the push "Start" button?
1809 is offline  
Old 08-25-2016, 12:29 PM
  #5  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,435
Received 42 Likes on 39 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
IMO, I'll just change oil based on what the center screen in the car say. No need to do it earlier.

Originally Posted by 1809 View Post
Does this have to be done with the key inserted and not the push "Start" button?
Correct. With key inserted.
otakki is offline  
The following users liked this post:
1809 (08-25-2016)
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: heavy traffic, early oil change?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: