Sponsored by:

Rattling from the console above the driver's head

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 10:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E6.3 2012
Rattling from the console above the driver's head

Lately I hear a constant rattling, buzing sound from the console holding the interior lights and sunroof swiches above the driver head in my 2012 E6.3. It is not that loud but it is there all the time and it is very aggravating. Anybody else had this issue? How was it resolved? Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan
Old 09-09-2016, 01:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,076 Likes on 1,449 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by DanLBeer
Lately I hear a constant rattling, buzing sound from the console holding the interior lights and sunroof swiches above the driver head in my 2012 E6.3. It is not that loud but it is there all the time and it is very aggravating. Anybody else had this issue? How was it resolved? Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan
i have this intermittently in my 2014

sadly you'll likely have to take it apart to isolate the noise
Old 09-09-2016, 11:09 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1994 E500, 2012 e63
Thanks,
Dan

mine does the same but not all the time I just push up on it firmly and it goes away for a while. I also have 2012
Old 09-09-2016, 03:27 PM

E6.3 2012
rattling

I will take it up with the dealer next time I am in for service -my car is still under warranty. For a while I thought that my radar detector is rattling in it's mount-sent it back to Cincinati and they could not find anything wrong with it. Then I forgot to put the detector in it's mount and while driving I realized that the rattling is from that console and that it seem to be loose because when you push it in it makes some disturbing noises.
Thank you all for your time...
Dan
Old 09-23-2016, 11:09 AM

E6.3 2012
rattling of overhead control panel

Just pick-ed up the car from the dealer - the overhead control panel is beeing held in place by springs and they have a tensioner which in my car failed. That and some felt tape and Krytox to contact areas and the noise is gone. The repair was done under warranty. Before I left the car I asked to have a mechanic with me in the car for a test drive to make sure that he hears what I hear and I was lucky to be able to duplicate the rattling while he was in the car with me.
If anybody has the same issue it can be resolved and the sooner the better -because is not going to go away by itself.
Dan
Old 09-23-2016, 02:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,076 Likes on 1,449 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Just pick-ed up the car from the dealer - the overhead control panel is beeing held in place by springs and they have a tensioner which in my car failed. That and some felt tape and Krytox to contact areas and the noise is gone. The repair was done under warranty. Before I left the car I asked to have a mechanic with me in the car for a test drive to make sure that he hears what I hear and I was lucky to be able to duplicate the rattling while he was in the car with me.
If anybody has the same issue it can be resolved and the sooner the better -because is not going to go away by itself.
Dan
thanks for the post to give closure on this --- will take this up as well next oil change