W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Advice for a Newbie

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2016 | 12:12 PM

-
Advice for a Newbie

Hello all! I apologize for the newbie post, but I've been a fan of the E55/E63 wagons for a while and planned to pick one up at some point. That point might be upon us.

I was not necessarily in the market for another vehicle right now but stumbled upon a 2013 wagon that I may need to jump on as it has less than 10k miles and is priced aggressively.

My first question is whether it's as aggressively priced as I think it is. It looks to be priced appropriately for a sedan, not a wagon, since the seller is likely following book value. What I'm seeing for sale currently in 2012-2014 models the wagon commands a substantial premium over the sedan. Am I mistaken?

Other than that, on the resale market, any must have options that would hurt value when I go to sell it down the road? This is a no option grey/tan vehicle.

Other than that, due to the very low mileage I believe it to be a very clean car with no issues. Typically I would do a PPI, but it may be more difficult coming from a private seller with me 10 hours away.

Any thoughts and advice is appreciated!!
Old 11-15-2016 | 05:33 PM

2012 E63
Link to car? Wagons are awesome!
Old 11-19-2016 | 11:17 PM

-
One important question, as far as desirability and resale purposes go, is there a large difference from 2013-2014? I'm aware of the changes from one year to the next, from increased power, body and the addition of the 4matic.

Basically I'm trying to get a grasp on whether this car is as good a deal as I think it may be.
Old 11-20-2016 | 01:22 AM

2020 E63S
I recently bought a '14 E63S, and for me, the 4 matic was a plus, in addition to the facelift. I guess it depends on what you want.

Dont worry too much about resale. These cars depreciate so fast, it is sort of a non-issue. lol

Also, I bought a car that was about 2,500 miles away (right car, right price, right options, etc.) I searched for a year for the right car, so I didnt let the distance discourage me. The dealer had a reputable independent party that did a PPI for me, pics and all. So don't let the distance discourage you.

In my research, the wagons usually commanded roughly a 10K premium over the sedan. I bet the reason you are seeing similar pricing is that the wagon is "base" and the sedans are loaded up with options.