W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Service B Master Tech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2017 | 01:28 PM

w212 e63
Service B Master Tech

I've got a Service B coming up in about 12 days and was wondering do most of you guys only allow Mater techs to work on your vehicle? Also what are some of the necessities that should be done and how much should I be looking to pay.

On my dash it shows service A1, but it has been almost 1 year since my service A. could someone please inform me if I'm correct by assuming that I should have a service B done?

Thank you
Old 01-23-2017 | 01:50 PM

?
How would you enforce the Master Tech, policy? I would love to be able to request and enforce it
Old 01-23-2017 | 03:02 PM

e63s
my car only see's the hands of the amg master certified tech... if he's not in, my car won't come in. i personally hand him my keys to pull it into the shop and take it from valet. no service writer or valet person see's my keys. yes you can request for it to happen. We're in Long Island. This is my tech. Even brake jobs, he takes care of cleaning the rotor hat and calipers! Amazing service.
Attached Thumbnails Service B Master Tech-photo645.jpg   Service B Master Tech-photo310.jpg  

Last edited by E63 Tony; 01-23-2017 at 03:25 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by E63 Tony:
Johnny Rad (01-23-2017), thxrick (10-14-2018)
Old 01-23-2017 | 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Adren
I've got a Service B coming up in about 12 days and was wondering do most of you guys only allow Mater techs to work on your vehicle? Also what are some of the necessities that should be done and how much should I be looking to pay.

On my dash it shows service A1, but it has been almost 1 year since my service A. could someone please inform me if I'm correct by assuming that I should have a service B done?

Thank you
If you are in Maryland I would recommend these guys:

http://www.mercedes-md.com/

The owner is a former MB Master Tech has only done exceptional work on my AMGs.
The following users liked this post:
TECHNICIAN (01-24-2017)
Old 01-25-2017 | 10:09 PM

E63s
Originally Posted by E63 Tony
my car only see's the hands of the amg master certified tech... if he's not in, my car won't come in. i personally hand him my keys to pull it into the shop and take it from valet. no service writer or valet person see's my keys. yes you can request for it to happen. We're in Long Island. This is my tech. Even brake jobs, he takes care of cleaning the rotor hat and calipers! Amazing service.
My dealer is Rockville center,because there is some incompetent mechanics there my car is in schedule to get looked over by an AMG master mechanic to finally fix all the quirks.
Old 10-14-2018 | 02:10 AM

C36 AMG
Originally Posted by Astolfo
How would you enforce the Master Tech, policy? I would love to be able to request and enforce it
You absolutely can enforce it by doing exactly what E63 Tony and I both do...Ask for a Master Certified Technician, the Master Tech’s name, and to be introduced to him...and make it clear you DO NOT want anyone touching the car and keys but him.

Old 10-14-2018 | 05:02 PM

2018 E63S AMG
anyone need service I am a service advisor at Mercedes Benz Manhattan, I mostly have AMG clients and I am master certified myself. Contact me here directly or at patrick.pires@mbusa.com. I have a couple master certified technicians that I can have work on your vehicle as requested and also being the owner of an e63s amg I know how meticulous we are.
Old 10-14-2018 | 05:38 PM

2011 e63 amg
Does it cost more to request a master certificate tech at Benz dealership or same? I’m in North Carolina
Old 10-14-2018 | 07:58 PM

C36 AMG
Originally Posted by Ahmad Abdo
Does it cost more to request a master certificate tech at Benz dealership or same? I’m in North Carolina
It costs the customer the exact same! The dealer saves a ton of money when they have their tire technicians or entry level technicians (who get paid significantly less than a Master Technician) work on your car... they may be paying a tire tech or entry level tech close to minimum wage (because they have little to no experience) to work on your “far from minimum wage” expensive vehicle. You can respectfully ask for a Master Tech and Master Tech only, and you can expect the service to cost you the same 😎
Old 10-15-2018 | 08:11 PM

'19 E63S
I have a service B1 come up within about 1,000 miles and I was just going to take it to my trust worthy tech just a few minutes from my house instead of driving an hour to the dealer and leave the car over night. The close tech is not an AMG certified mechanic, he's just been working on german cars for a couple decades. Should that be a concern and should it take her to the dealer instead?
Old 10-15-2018 | 08:41 PM

2018 E63S AMG
hey guys let me touch on this, the first amg made a good point, the dealer does pay lower techs less hence costing them less however when your vehicle goes to a dealer the team leader decides who he assigns your car to and usually AMGs will get assigned to a more senior tech, that being said for something like an A or B service any trained MB Tech is more than qualified to do this. I myself do it on my own car but I wouldnt worry too much about maintenance being done by someone who is a master tech. Master techs usually are assigned to more complicated diagnostic work and the services are done by the less qualified guys who are generally doing services all day long. You can request an AMG technician but i gotta tell you in many cases it doesnt matter if you take it to a prestigious dealer whose technicians go through a lot of training, prime example is my dealership which does not hire any and everyone, your car is treated with respect and care.
Old 10-15-2018 | 09:17 PM

AMG
Originally Posted by nyc_amg
hey guys let me touch on this, the first amg made a good point, the dealer does pay lower techs less hence costing them less however when your vehicle goes to a dealer the team leader decides who he assigns your car to and usually AMGs will get assigned to a more senior tech, that being said for something like an A or B service any trained MB Tech is more than qualified to do this. I myself do it on my own car but I wouldnt worry too much about maintenance being done by someone who is a master tech. Master techs usually are assigned to more complicated diagnostic work and the services are done by the less qualified guys who are generally doing services all day long. You can request an AMG technician but i gotta tell you in many cases it doesnt matter if you take it to a prestigious dealer whose technicians go through a lot of training, prime example is my dealership which does not hire any and everyone, your car is treated with respect and care.
Benz of manhattan dropped the ball with My friends E63 AMG S.. He ONLY serviced it there, and paid out of his own pocket thinking they would do the proper and necessary services to his car when needed. Come to find out, he has 15K miles now and his diff oil has NEVER been changed from the numerous times his car has been there for service.. Taking it up with MBUSA now because of their horrible oversight on this. I would NOT recommend them, Sorry. I also have the vin if you want to run it and see that it hasnt been done and his car has only gone to MB of manhattan for services.

Last edited by 5soko; 10-15-2018 at 09:19 PM.