Sponsored by:

Jacking the E63 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 08:00 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
E63s
Jacking the E63 ?

Hey guys , I know there is jack points near the front and rear tires , I have pucks that fit into the jack point , but how do I jack the car and put it on jack stands?
Can you give me some safe locations to put the jack ?
Also is there a switch for the air suspension to turn off ? Please enlighten me thanks
Old 03-21-2017, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Indeed, it's much easier to jack up in the middle and put the car on stands. I posed the same question in another thread before and got no response.

For the front: If you remove the cover under the engine. There is a rubber block in the middle of the supporting beam. You can jack up over there. Just make sure nothing is slipping because one forum member had a slip and the jack poked through and caused damage.

I'm not sure where to jack up for the rear. One mechanic showed me the solid part on the differential in front of the heat vents. However, it's really difficult to reach there. Never jack up on the heat vents, though. Let me know if you think of something for the rear.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:41 PM

E63s
Thanks I didn't know about the spot in the front , I'm going to try the pinch welds along the side , I have one pinch weld magnetic puck to see how that works , the only thing is the body cover covers the pinch welds I'm wondering if I can just flex the cover over without breaking it and pop in the pad , it is kinda flexible

My friend has one of those jacks that lift the car completely off the ground about 2' high , the problem was where our jack locations are was too long to match up with the lift points on the jack , so I was thinking pinch weld pads to line up the rear of the jack and the front will use the factory jack pad locations
Old 03-22-2017, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
You might be interested in some supplies from the company below to help you with various clearance issues. I have bought a jackpad from them around 2 years ago and the quality is very good.

https://www.reverselogic.us/
Old 03-22-2017, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 202 Likes on 155 Posts
2014 E63s amg 4matic, 2009 C63, 2006 E55 AMG , 2001.5 AUDI S4 stg 3+ w/meth
Originally Posted by otakki
You might be interested in some supplies from the company below to help you with various clearance issues. I have bought a jackpad from them around 2 years ago and the quality is very good.

I have the race ramps and they work good and give a decent amount if room to scoot under the car w/o creeper, w/ a creeper it gets a little tight but still doable
Old 03-22-2017, 08:04 PM

E63s
Originally Posted by otakki

Looks like some nice stuff there!
I will check them out
Old 03-22-2017, 08:13 PM

E63s
Originally Posted by gaspam
I have the race ramps and they work good and give a decent amount if room to scoot under the car w/o creeper, w/ a creeper it gets a little tight but still doable
I have the Rhino ramps that work really good too
But I want to get my car off all 4s , I want to g2 paint my rotor hats , so that stuff is epoxy based , you mix it and paint away until you done then the mix is garbage , I have OCD with rust on rotor hats and I'm starting to get rust in some in spots so I will attack it before it gets bad

I can change them for racing brake or girodisc rotors but there in such great shape yet why spend the dollars