W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Adjustment of Aftermarket Rear Airmatic Links

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 06:04 PM

Received 84 Likes on 61 Posts
MB
Adjustment of Aftermarket Rear Airmatic Links

For those of you who DIY your rear suspension lowering links, I am curious as to how you go about making adjustments to them? Do I have to remove them to spin the heads up and down, or can they be adjusted when in the car? If I have to remove the links to adjust, is it pretty easy to pull them off? These seem pretty buried (wishing I had a lift).

My 2012 CLS63 (indentical suspension to W212, I believe) already has these rear links installed and the car sits really low in the rear and I am looking to raise it up a touch. I have no instructions or experience with the install but I have the rear tire off and a 10mm wrench fits the nuts on the link, its now just a matter of knowing how to adjust them!

Any input helps. Hoping to get this up a bit before installing 295's on tomorrow.

Last edited by 6speeddave; 04-02-2017 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:28 PM

Received 84 Likes on 61 Posts
MB
Answering my own thread to help those in the future. Longer link = higher ride height. Lower link = lower ride height. The cars links were set to about 4mm, so I first tightened them to only about 2mm. The car then dropped. Pushed them back up to about 6.8mm and it went up almost about an inch.

Two things to keep in mind. Dont take measurements without adjusting BOTH left and right sides to the same length. And two, a millimeter in length can make a huge difference. Always have the length of link to go off of, and the ground the fender height to go off and its a pretty quick trial and error process. The links pop off pretty easily too when the wheels are off.
The following 4 users liked this post by 6speeddave:
Alps (10-02-2017), byroll01 (04-18-2017), need2speed (04-03-2017), raudiace4 (04-03-2017)