Sponsored by:

Front tire wear - camber

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black '10 E63
Front tire wear - camber

While having some curb rash fixed on my front wheel, the tech pointed out I'm getting major premature wear on the innermost side of my tire. You could start to see the steel belts poke through. The rest of the tire looked fine. I am lowered with KW HAS kit. Rear tires are wearing evenly.

Put new tires on and the car is squirrely up front. I assume this is due to the negative camber up front? If it is the camber, any products you guys recommend? Do I need to invest in a good set of camber plates or will an alignment take care of the problem?

Thanks in advance for the help
Old 08-31-2017, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by sikm3
While having some curb rash fixed on my front wheel, the tech pointed out I'm getting major premature wear on the innermost side of my tire. You could start to see the steel belts poke through. The rest of the tire looked fine. I am lowered with KW HAS kit. Rear tires are wearing evenly.

Put new tires on and the car is squirrely up front. I assume this is due to the negative camber up front? If it is the camber, any products you guys recommend? Do I need to invest in a good set of camber plates or will an alignment take care of the problem?

Thanks in advance for the help
Did you have it aligned after you lowered it? You should be able to get rid of most of the excess camber up front. It's the rear camber that's usually the problem so you may want to look a little closer at those.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black '10 E63
Originally Posted by chiromikey
Did you have it aligned after you lowered it? You should be able to get rid of most of the excess camber up front. It's the rear camber that's usually the problem so you may want to look a little closer at those.
Car was lowered 3yrs ago and aligned properly after it was lowered. I'll do another alignment and see if they can get it back to reasonable specs. The rears are fine. I know this since I'm mounting new rear tires as we speak.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by sikm3
Car was lowered 3yrs ago and aligned properly after it was lowered. I'll do another alignment and see if they can get it back to reasonable specs. The rears are fine. I know this since I'm mounting new rear tires as we speak.
If rears are good then you should definitely be able to get the fronts back in spec without going to any aftermarket parts.
Old 10-20-2019, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 346 Likes on 226 Posts
S600
Katie22,

Can you fill in the "rest of the alignment specs::

Front:...............Left...............Right
Caster:
Camber:
Toe:
Kingpin Inclination:

Rear:...............Left...............Right