Sponsored by:

Cpo car issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 e63s 2009 ML350 4Matic
Cpo car issue

so I bought my 14 e63 cpo over the phone it was out of state had to make that deal since they had some special that had to b done before month ends and I couldn't go there before month ends. Since it was certified I thought all b good so when I got the car I drove it n was hearing some clicking noises from front took it to my local dealer they told me it needs lower control arms they replaced t under warranty but I had to pay for allingment. M wondering if it is certofied aren't they supposed to check all things this clicking noise was pretty obvious wondering what else they hav missed. And should I b calling them and asking them for a refund for allingment.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:20 AM
Banned

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
2017 W222 AMG S63 Sedan.
Yes, the control arm should of been replaced during the CPO process including alignment when it was needed.i would go back to the dealer you bought it from and ask them to reimburse you for the charges.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,076 Likes on 1,449 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Which is why you should always drive an out of state cpo car, and it sounds like you had every intention of driving it but they were forcing the sale early

good luck op, if you have no luck then call mbusa to get a case open and get some help
Old 09-18-2017, 02:41 PM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC63
I think this is the third or fourth time I've heard about a CPO car that either shouldn't have been CPO in the first place or should have had something fixed prior to being sold as CPO. I'd like to think that CPO gives you an extra level of assurance that the car is all good, and I'm sure you were thinking the same thing, but here you are.

If the selling dealer gives you the runaround, I would contact MBUSA directly and/or have your local dealer contact their district management. I bought a CPO 2009 e550 a number of years ago that lo and behold had a slew of issues from an undisclosed accident. MBUSA was very key in working between myself and the selling dealer to come up with a fair and reasonable settlement, which was them paying for all the repairs at a local shop of my choosing.

Unfortunately, I think we have to conclude that CPO does not provide additional comfort in an out of town/state transaction and one should preferably get up there to see and drive the car, or worst case scenario hire a third party company to do a comprehensive PPI that includes checking paint depth. If you're going to spend the dough on an AMG car, a few hundred more for a proper inspection is well worth it.

I hate to add any more doubt to your mind, but I think you'd be well served to have your local dealer or an indy of your choice do a thorough PPI or similar inspection. You don't want to have that tickler in the back of your mind of "what else isn't right?"