W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mercedes cable for Samsung Galaxy s8 for audio?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 11:34 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
---
Mercedes cable for Samsung Galaxy s8 for audio?

Hey guys -

I have a 2013 CLS63, but visibility in this forum is far greater than the CLS one.

The Bluetooth audio connection in these cars is horrible for streaming music and I'm looking for the cable to connect my Samsung Galaxy s8. I had an iPhone 6 and purchased the Mercedes lightning adapter and it worked great, but it doesn't look like Mercedes makes one for the Samsung Galaxy s8 (USB-C connection).

What are you guys using?

Just to confirm, the standard USB input doesnt work for this correct? When I plug in the USB-C cable and select the USB input there is no playback (charging works).

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
Originally Posted by wasupdu
Hey guys -

I have a 2013 CLS63, but visibility in this forum is far greater than the CLS one.

The Bluetooth audio connection in these cars is horrible for streaming music and I'm looking for the cable to connect my Samsung Galaxy s8. I had an iPhone 6 and purchased the Mercedes lightning adapter and it worked great, but it doesn't look like Mercedes makes one for the Samsung Galaxy s8 (USB-C connection).

What are you guys using?

Just to confirm, the standard USB input doesnt work for this correct? When I plug in the USB-C cable and select the USB input there is no playback (charging works).

Thanks for your help.
I actually found my S8 to be a huge improvement over my moto z via bluetooth. I had previously purchased the Bovee 1000 BT adapted which sounds great, but android auto commands don;t seem to work with it. So a switched back to native BT connection, and its no too bad.
The following users liked this post:
CerBErusM113 (09-22-2017)
Old 09-22-2017, 02:14 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 E63s Wagon
Didn't even think of this, I will try connecting my S8+ to the usb port in the car(s) via the USB-C cable and see what happens.

I also use BT audio and it's fine for my purposes. Android Auto was a very meh let down.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
Originally Posted by cemeek
Didn't even think of this, I will try connecting my S8+ to the usb port in the car(s) via the USB-C cable and see what happens.

I also use BT audio and it's fine for my purposes. Android Auto was a very meh let down.
I use whatsapp alot and its great for chatting while driving.
Old 09-23-2017, 01:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
---
Thanks, guys. So is the USB input (in a 2013) ONLY for charging then? Seems strange that audio isn't supported through this input, but I suppose that's why there's the separate MMI input.

The micro USB Mercedes MMI cable is $16 shipped on eBay and I'll just use the micro USB to USB-C adapter that came with the phone I guess.