Sponsored by:

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 05:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
E63 and GL450, ML350 bluetec
New to the forum

I have a 03 RS6 in the garage right now but found a way into a E63 with 30k miles on it. A family member bought it new from the reno MB dealer and he is gifting it to me. I have done the timing belts, water pump, etc on the RS6 on my own and I plan on doing as much of the maintenance as I can on the new AMG.

I haven't seen the car in years, its located at a airport and used only when the owner flys into that state (hence the low miles). I do know it has the optional AMG package (P03?) and it was bought in 2009, I am not sure if its a 09 or 10. A good buddy of mine was a merc tech for 14 years and we spoke about the car a few years ago and I seem to remember a few issues that scared him from ever owning one, including oil filled engine or trans mounts going bad, and the sealed 7 speed (non-serviceable) transmission. I have been reading up on the cam/heads/lifter issues on this forum so at least I have an idea what problem can arise and to keep an ear open. Also sounds like plugs and 0-40w might really help.

Really looking forward to getting the Merc in the garage and selling off the RS6.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:27 PM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
None
Welcome to the forum. You'll surely enjoy the car. A lot of good people with experience here on the forum.