Sponsored by:

nozzle placement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 03:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 MB E63 AMG
nozzle placement

Greetings............If some people with knowledge could suggest the best placement of the nozzle for water/meth on my 2012 212 E63, I would appreciate it. It would be COOLING ONLY not for tuning. Thanks in advance.Be safe. PMs
Old 01-04-2018, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
As long as you don’t expect any real world performance gains without tuning you’ll get what you’re after. The easy place for 50/50 meth/water for cooling is in the charge pipes just before the I/C. Results are mediocre but measurable. The best place is in the manifold just after the I/C. Results are good but there’s a lot of work to get to that location and you better get your jets right the first time because you may not have access after the install. A few are mounting in the intake pipes ahead of the turbos. There appears to be good results from this location but you have to run at least 90% meth which requires upgrades to all of the lines/parts over the standard meth/water kits.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 MB E63 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
As long as you don’t expect any real world performance gains without tuning you’ll get what you’re after. The easy place for 50/50 meth/water for cooling is in the charge pipes just before the I/C. Results are mediocre but measurable. The best place is in the manifold just after the I/C. Results are good but there’s a lot of work to get to that location and you better get your jets right the first time because you may not have access after the install. A few are mounting in the intake pipes ahead of the turbos. There appears to be good results from this location but you have to run at least 90% meth which requires upgrades to all of the lines/parts over the standard meth/water kits.
Thanks so much for the detailed reply. Have followed many of your post and your definitely one of the most knowledgeable posters. Am new to the forum having come from the Audi platform, so am on a steep learning curve. My thought was to put a single jet right behind the ECU in the TB area. All I am looking for is IAT reduction. Any further thoughts would be appreciated. Be safe.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
I have mine mounted pre I/C. I show a measured IAT improvement in the 1/4mile but zero net gains in performance. The smallest jets in the AEM kit work best for me but there’s solid evidence that the medium jets work better when tuned. If you choose a post I/C location, just make sure you’re not spraying in a direct path of the MAP or IAT sensors.