W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

2014 e63 ecu

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2018 | 11:33 PM

2014 E63 AMG S model
2014 e63 ecu

So i was talking to my mechanic friend about doing a weistec ecu remapping. one i don't know will it effect my emission here in NYC. So I thought i could buy another ECU and remap that and plug that into my e63 and when it's time for inspection toss back in the original one. has anyone done that or does anyone know will the remapping effect inspection?
Old 03-09-2018 | 09:46 AM

2014 E63 AMG wagon
Originally Posted by nless
So i was talking to my mechanic friend about doing a weistec ecu remapping. one i don't know will it effect my emission here in NYC. So I thought i could buy another ECU and remap that and plug that into my e63 and when it's time for inspection toss back in the original one. has anyone done that or does anyone know will the remapping effect inspection?
Here in Wisconsin you can pass the OBD test no problem on a tuned ECU. As long as there is not a check engine light for emmision related stuff you are ok. Can't say for NYC but I'd doubt it is any different.
Old 03-09-2018 | 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S
A bit off topic (since I am not talking about the same car), but, I live in Queens, NY. My previous car was a 2004 Subaru WRX with every single bolt on available. "high flow cats" (plus 1/3 cats removed), external waste gate, 3" TBE... I used to go get my inspection and some times they would ask "You think it's gonna pass?... it smells like gas..." No CELs. Passed every time. I suppose that a GOOD tune should not only make power, but should also make your ECU believe all is good (Specially when we are talking about $3K for a "map"... how's that for MB Tax... I used to pay $500 for a Dyno tune catered to the mods in my WRX... that was a lil' bit ago though)
Old 03-10-2018 | 12:27 AM

2014 E63 AMG S model
Originally Posted by Savage212
Here in Wisconsin you can pass the OBD test no problem on a tuned ECU. As long as there is not a check engine light for emmision related stuff you are ok. Can't say for NYC but I'd doubt it is any different.
yea it's kinda like that here in NYC if a check engine light is on you're not passing. I'm just nervous if i was to do a ecu remapping and all of a sudden i don't pass i'll need to send it back for a stock remapping then send it back to get remapped again.
Old 03-10-2018 | 12:28 AM

2014 E63 AMG S model
lets hope so too lol it would suck if i don't pass all of a sudden
Old 03-11-2018 | 09:03 AM

e63s
Originally Posted by nless
lets hope so too lol it would suck if i don't pass all of a sudden
when you send in your ecu for tuning, note you are catless. they will tune the ecu to forget the cats are out so you will pass inspection and not have a CEL. I've done the same in long island.