Sponsored by:

Front Turn Signal Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63 AMG
Question Front Turn Signal Help

My problem, Sometimes my turn signal works, sometimes it doesn't. When it stops working the car shows a message saying "Check right front signal". Since it works sometimes I thought it was wiring or a loose connection somewhere but a mechanic friend said it may be that the previous owner put in the wrong bulb (long life vs regular or vice-versa) and it is confusing the car?

Can anyone shed any light on this (pun intended)? Is there anyway to change the turn signal bulb without taking off the front bumper? It may be worth mentioning it has the Xenon headlights, and where the opening for the turn signal would be, there appears to be a heat sink.

I have searched the internet, including this sight and it would appear no one has changed the front bulb themselves on a W212.

This and perhaps new wheel bearings is the last thing I need to fix on my new-to-me E63.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
It can only be the front SAM or switch------and your mechanic needs to go back to school, long life bulbs, what HS!-------take the car back to the seller or get the car diagnosed correctly!!