TPMS Missing message

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 222 Posts
E63S
TPMS Missing message

While parking and trying to get as close to the curb as I could I hear and feel a crunch and a second later.... TPMS Missing message on the dash. My thought at the moment was that I had ripped the valve stem off getting too close to the curb. Got out of the car and see that I had simply crushed a Poland Spring bottle some idiot had thrown out. Got back in the car and I couldn't scroll out of that message with the arrow buttons on the steering wheel. Turned off the car and left it there for a couple of hours. Checked the tire and all seemed good. Started the car and the dash was back to norm. Moments later, the flat tire light lit up. I was able to check tire pressure (a few mins later b/c the car wasn't allowing me to do so right away) and all tires were fine, but, flat tire light still on. Selected to use current data as norm. Flat tire light turned off.
Anyone experienced anything of the sort? I should also report that this happened with aftermarket equipment (Wheels, tires and TPMS {Schrader EZ}). I found a few posts from a couple of yrs back from the C class forum where this same message appeared while simply driving along... not something like crushing a plastic bottle.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:03 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 E63S Sedan
I actually had the exact same light pop up on me a couple days ago. I'm using the exact same sensors. I received the same msg for exactly the same tire. However after turning the car on/off everything was back to normal.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S
Originally Posted by mj_39
I actually had the exact same light pop up on me a couple days ago. I'm using the exact same sensors. I received the same msg for exactly the same tire. However after turning the car on/off everything was back to normal.
Ha! Of course you are using the same sensors! You were the one who told me about them! lol! Thanks again for the tip. They worked just as you said... plug and play. They only took about 15mins b4 they self synced and started to display tire pressure. Do you recall what happened in your case just before the Missing TPMS message popped up?
Old 05-14-2018, 09:02 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2014 E63S Sedan
Originally Posted by Rehabguy
Ha! Of course you are using the same sensors! You were the one who told me about them! lol! Thanks again for the tip. They worked just as you said... plug and play. They only took about 15mins b4 they self synced and started to display tire pressure. Do you recall what happened in your case just before the Missing TPMS message popped up?
Yup, noticed it while backing up parrallel to the curb just like yourself! Haha. However I wasn’t very close to the curb nor did I drive over anything.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,141 Likes on 1,499 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Could you have a faulty tpms battery on that wheel? Or a faulty sensor and it was just coincidence you had the message when you ran over the bottle?
Old 05-14-2018, 10:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S
Originally Posted by mj_39
Yup, noticed it while backing up parrallel to the curb just like yourself! Haha. However I wasn’t very close to the curb nor did I drive over anything.
That is so weird... just as weird as the other cases O read about form the other forum. Well, at least in my case it went back to normal after all the processes described above... hope it worked out the same for you.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Could you have a faulty tpms battery on that wheel? Or a faulty sensor and it was just coincidence you had the message when you ran over the bottle?
I dunno, Peter, I guess it is possible that the battery or the sensor could be faulty. However, that'd be one hell of a coincidence being that that was tire that ran over the bottle and at that very moment the message popped up. I am gonna theorize that it was the "shock wave" from the bursting capped bottle that disrupted the delicate connection between sensor and vehicle that produced the message