W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E63 Climate Control Witchcraft & Problems

Old 05-15-2018, 01:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s430 w220
E63 Climate Control Witchcraft & Problems

I bought my E63 just over 12 month ago, and the dealer serviced it the day I picked it up. During the service, they discovered that the climate control had a problem, namely would only blow hot hair, regardless of the settings.

The issue was sorted quickly, and no problems since, until I took it for it's next service, 2 weeks ago, at a different dealer.

Now, the exact same problem is back...

The AC sometimes works fine, sometime not at all.

On start up, the centre vents and side vents blow cold, then the centre vents stop blowing completely, and the side vents blow hot. The rear vents still blow cold even when the fronts have the error.

Now, the car is under extended warranty, and I called the dealer today. Whom wasn't at all helpful and he tried to sell me an AC service to rectify the issue. Once I informed him that I won't be paying for a repair, he passed me onto Merc Extended Warranty to clear with them that the issue is covered.

Warranty department subsequently told me they need the dealer to to diagnose the problem before they can confirm whether it's covered by the warranty, or not.

So, before I attack the dealer tomorrow, my question is this.....

Is the above intermittent AC problem common, and what causes it?
Old 05-16-2018, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by pearcesteve111
I bought my E63 just over 12 month ago, and the dealer serviced it the day I picked it up. During the service, they discovered that the climate control had a problem, namely would only blow hot hair, regardless of the settings.

The issue was sorted quickly, and no problems since, until I took it for it's next service, 2 weeks ago, at a different dealer.

Now, the exact same problem is back...

The AC sometimes works fine, sometime not at all.

On start up, the centre vents and side vents blow cold, then the centre vents stop blowing completely, and the side vents blow hot. The rear vents still blow cold even when the fronts have the error.

Now, the car is under extended warranty, and I called the dealer today. Whom wasn't at all helpful and he tried to sell me an AC service to rectify the issue. Once I informed him that I won't be paying for a repair, he passed me onto Merc Extended Warranty to clear with them that the issue is covered.

Warranty department subsequently told me they need the dealer to to diagnose the problem before they can confirm whether it's covered by the warranty, or not.

So, before I attack the dealer tomorrow, my question is this.....

Is the above intermittent AC problem common, and what causes it?
Was a known issue with the W211 E55, not heard of it with the W212. But having seen that most of MB cars are usually an evolution of periphery components with the same or similar design language, it will not surprise me if a similar part went out on your car namely the evaporator sensor or the heater control valve or sensor.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:08 PM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
E-Class
Similar issue. I dropped off to fix panoroof creaking, got it back and the climate control is stuck in defrost blowing hot air. Didnt matter what setting, what temp, it stayed the same. The dealer is now changing out some wire harness cause they claim it got pinched.