W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

MB service tech basically goes on joyride with my car. Options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2018 | 01:43 AM

E63 AMG S
Unhappy MB service tech basically goes on joyride with my car. Options?

I have video evidence of the entire thing, however, the time stamp is not accurate, only the date - since I did not set up the time on my blackvue dash cam. It's really obvious it's the service tech though.

What happened:
1. Right after the service (I did trans and engine oil -- all engine and trans oil is cold), tech shifts car into neutral while driving in lot multiple times + revs the car multiple times. I've had issue with oil consumption before. My whole engine was taken out before and pistons and rings were replaced as car was driven cold and hard before. Now, with this incident, no guarantee the engine has not been compromised again.
2. Car gets backed into another service vehicle causing damage to my car and probably the other one too. My car is wrapped in black chrome, which costs $11,000 after taxes for the whole car. The scratch, not sure if there is a dent, is in the back bumper only and basically looks like a 1 foot long someone keyed the car. I cannot simply replace one section (back bumper) of wrap, as this has been on the car for some time. Doing so would have one section significantly different color than other body panels.
3. Tech goes for test drive for 10 minutes after service is complete. Not sure if this is normal to do. I believe manager also stops them on the way back saying test drive is long, and customer is supposed to pick up. I believe this is 2 minutes before I was scheduled to pick up.
4. I noticed engine was on for quite some time while they were working on the car (it was on the lift and hood was open). Is this normal? Perhaps for tranny service?

Recourse? What to do? It really pains me because the wrap makes it a complicated situation. I clearly want compensation though.. How should I proceed? I would hate for them to pay me for just one section of the wrap, when in reality I would either need to strip the whole thing after this, having no wrap, or replace the wrap on the entire car for it to look as it did before.

Thanks for reading. Helps a lot
Old 07-08-2018 | 01:46 AM

E63 AMG S
This is not the first time a MB dealer service tech has decided to toy with my car. I decided to try another dealer today because my local one is booked out very far and I needed my car done. Ugh