W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

2015 E63S Rust on engine block ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2018 | 05:16 PM

W204 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance. Retired: Mercedes-Benz AMG E63 S Wagon BMW 535D Touring
2015 E63S Rust on engine block ??

Hi to all honoured members of mbworld

First english isn't my nature language hence my Danish (european) origin. Sorry in advance

Second: I just bought a 2015 E63 S Wagon (in Denmark with a price of ~200.000$ - I repeat 200.000 american dollars equals to 1.250.000 DDK as seen in the advertisement. 150% tax on cars. From new the E63 S costs ~500.000$ = 3.000.000 DDK - yep we have a good healthcare system)

To the point: The car have rust on the engine block. That isn't nice for Kaj Wutz who build it with his bare hands. But could it be a problem for me also? Does any of you know if its normal after 40.000 miles to see a little rust on the ironpart of the engine it self?

I have bought the Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) warrenty for 4500$ covering me for 2 years and 90.000 miles.

On a sidenote: The car have carbon ceramic disc witch Mercedes says are in good condition. <100 grams missing. Does any of you have the Carbon Ceramic? I know it isn't worth it and so on, but the car has almost every other option because the TAX isn't on options, so you might as well get all you can. It also have the B&O of course (its a Danish company). Would you mind posting a picture of your carbon ceramic disc indicator of oxidative stress of the brakes? What pads are you using? Are you worried about the condition and how many miles does you cars have on the clock?

I will upload pictures in the morning.

Last note: MAN! the car sounds great. IMHO even a little better than c63 6,2l when cold. So evil. When driving I am more in doubt and thats a big compliment to the E63 5,5 TT.

Thank you in advance

- Jens Christian Schmidt

Old 07-16-2018 | 05:34 PM

S 63 Coupe, GLS 63
Block is not iron/steel so no rust should be present.

Weight is not how Mercedes recommends to check the Ceramic rotors on this vehicle for wear
The following users liked this post:
Jens Christian (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018 | 03:28 AM

W204 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance. Retired: Mercedes-Benz AMG E63 S Wagon BMW 535D Touring

Old 07-17-2018 | 03:47 AM

TECHNICIAN, Thank you very much for your fast respons!

Sorry, I didn't mean the hole block it self - would be a little heavy out of raw iron. I did mean the small steel plate on top of the engine cover as marked in the picture. Is that normal to go rusty in your guys experience?

As for the carbon-ceramic, if they don't weigh them, how does they controle the condition? With laser tool as seen on the internet e.g. Carbotec?

Is there any one thing you guys know to be very important to check before taking delivery? It seem Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) warrenty does check most things but of course they can miss stuff and maybe don't react to certain things that I don't know of?

Again thank you guys very much!

Old 07-17-2018 | 04:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
That small steel cover is your ecu

mine is a 2014 and not rusty

i also have a second 2015 ecu also not rusty

is your car tuned?
Old 07-17-2018 | 04:34 AM

Ok, that is the ECU. It could be the climate or maybe im just unlucky. I for sure don't hope it was been in salt water at the beach or something. One imagine many things.

I really don't believe it is tuned. I got it from Mercedes in Denmark as mentioned with Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) warranty for 2 years. Wouldn't they know if its turned and/or have resonator deleted etc?

I am very curious why you ask because the car sounded so amazing. I know thats what they do, but I mean really amazing, deep growl pops and bangs on downshifts and also upshifts?? I was driving a 2013 CLS63 with non of that.

Mercedes should have checked if the car was tuned or had alteration to exhaust in any way, don't you think? Can I my self find out if it is tuned?
Old 07-17-2018 | 11:11 AM

S 63 Coupe, GLS 63
Old 07-17-2018 | 03:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Jens Christian
Ok, that is the ECU. It could be the climate or maybe im just unlucky. I for sure don't hope it was been in salt water at the beach or something. One imagine many things.

I really don't believe it is tuned. I got it from Mercedes in Denmark as mentioned with Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) warranty for 2 years. Wouldn't they know if its turned and/or have resonator deleted etc?

I am very curious why you ask because the car sounded so amazing. I know thats what they do, but I mean really amazing, deep growl pops and bangs on downshifts and also upshifts?? I was driving a 2013 CLS63 with non of that.

Mercedes should have checked if the car was tuned or had alteration to exhaust in any way, don't you think? Can I my self find out if it is tuned?
ive read many times dealers didn't know a car had bodywork or was tuned and cpo'd the car

you can ask the dealer to see if the ecu was opened up and cite your concern about the car being modded

also a local tuner could tell you