Guys With Carbon Fiber Trim - Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts
2015 E63s AMG, 2020 GLC 43 AMG
Guys With Carbon Fiber Trim - Question

Can one of you guys with the CF exterior trim option send me a good pic of your front end? I am having my front end entirely refinished and in the quote they are planning to replace a few pieces that come already painted in black. Next to those pieces the quote says for example "Repair lower grille without carbon fiber pkg E63 AM" On some pieces it says "replace"

My thinking here is that maybe I should just pay a bit more to have the CF components put into the front end when they do this? If it's within reason. However, judging from my new CF engine cover that was $1400 it likely won't be within reason! lol
Old 10-11-2018, 03:55 PM

Received 474 Likes on 209 Posts
2007 e350 sport. 2010 350 4matic sport. Worlds first W212 E63R self built.
It’s extremely pricey. I own a bodyshop and saw the price even with my discount I was like damn
Old 10-11-2018, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts
2015 E63s AMG, 2020 GLC 43 AMG
Originally Posted by Cifdig
It’s extremely pricey. I own a bodyshop and saw the price even with my discount I was like damn
Yep. I was just told by the shop that the lower CF grille is $2k by itself. However if they tell me that ~$500 of my current estimate is going toward refinishing the existing lower grille, then it would be about $1500 more for me to pull the trigger. On the edge of doable. I have a bigger question for the forum as a whole though.

I have seen the CF lower grille in pics of other color cars like white and it pops! However, I am thinking that on a black car it may not pop as much and not be worth the expense.

Opinions? Pretty sure you guys are good at that!! lol

Thanks in advance
Old 10-12-2018, 06:33 PM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
E-Class
https://carmarka.com/en/mercedes-ben...-w212e63nfbtcf

Is that the piece you are referring to? That piece is pricey. I was going to have my wrapped like my side skirts but the piece is tucked in nicely and hard to pull apart for me.

No I would not get it on a black car. I came across a white and a red E63 with those options, looks nice. I always liked the white cars with the black/cf accent, ie the pano roof. I think a lot of makers are doing that now, the new camry, ferrari 488.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG E63s sedan
Originally Posted by sakodik

Is that the piece you are referring to? That piece is pricey. I was going to have my wrapped like my side skirts but the piece is tucked in nicely and hard to pull apart for me.

No I would not get it on a black car. I came across a white and a red E63 with those options, looks nice. I always liked the white cars with the black/cf accent, ie the pano roof. I think a lot of makers are doing that now, the new camry, ferrari 488.

Are these original MB parts? I tried to purchase from a local MB dealership and they indicated no such parts are available from MB for my W212.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:47 PM

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
E-Class
I can't say if the carmarka parts are original, probably not, but MB does provide these parts on the carbon fiber package (1)(2) on vehicles equipped with those options. CF package includes, front diffuser, side mirrors, side skirts, rear spoiler, and rear diffuser in CF. When I was shopping for an E63, I found one that I really liked that had all these options. Driver assist, cf interior trim, cf exterior, 360, etc... but it was at a higher cost with triple the mileage of what I found in the car I bought. Figured with the savings, I can get the carbon fiber pieces individually.

This car has that option: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=210990227
Old 12-22-2018, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 W212 E63S
Originally Posted by sakodik

anyone order from this site? I'm also interested in carbon parts but I want the stock versions not brabus or whatever. I don't understand why it's so difficult......