Sponsored by:

My New 2014 Cardinal Red Metallic E63S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 06:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 E63 AMGS
My New 2014 Cardinal Red Metallic E63S

Hey guys, new here and to the Mercedes world coming from BMW and I must say I'm very happy with the decision this car is fantastic. I picked up a 2014 E63-S with 40,000 miles on it. This car looks great as is but as most of us know there are always modifications to be done haha. So far I've added a carbon roof spoiler and carbon AMG style spoiler to the rear and I bought the UPD cold air induction kit but I haven't gotten the time to install that yet. I am planning on doing a tune as well shortly but I have a few questions from some of the experienced people on here. I see that a lot of people are going through AMS and their numbers seem to be pretty great but since I am in California my car would be down for a few days so still thinking about that option. I also see people talking about having a second stock ECU but when I asked AMS about using a second ECU the guy said no thats not a thing people do because each ECU is programmed to the car and ignition so I am just curious what I'm missing there. I was also wondering if anyone here has heard of VF Engineering our here in Cali, they do a lot of supercharging of Lambos and other high end cars and they do tuning for Mercedes as well. They are slightly less expensive than AMS and they could do a custom dyno tune in one day. Your thought are greatly appreciated and I look forward to being a part of the community.

The following users liked this post:
velosdesignwerks (10-24-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 07:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Love that color and you got the twin spoke forged rims ...

ask to speak to Chris Marshall at AMS and I'm referring you from mbworld (peterubers) and that they helped me program a second ecu that I bought off eBay

not sure if they don't want to broadcast their ability to program a second ecu; you'll send both ecu's in to them
Old 10-17-2018, 07:29 PM
Out Of Control!!

Top notch auto sales eh?
Old 10-17-2018, 07:36 PM

2014 E63 AMGS
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Top notch auto sales eh?
Thanks for the heads up I'll give them a call and see what they have to say. Yeah I found the car at a wholesale dealer and Top Notch bought it from them for a good deal lower price than that dealer was going to sell it to me and then passed a discount along to me so it worked out.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Cardinal_E63S
Thanks for the heads up I'll give them a call and see what they have to say. Yeah I found the car at a wholesale dealer and Top Notch bought it from them for a good deal lower price than that dealer was going to sell it to me and then passed a discount along to me so it worked out.
well done
Old 10-18-2018, 08:51 AM

Received 368 Likes on 157 Posts
AMG
That color combo!
Old 10-18-2018, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts
2015 E63s AMG, 2020 GLC 43 AMG
So roughly what part of Cali? I am in the Bay Area (South Bay).

Yep. AMS are good guys. I have referred a number of guys on this site to them. I can give you all of the heads up info you will want to know as you go down this process. You will only be down for about 48 hours max from the time you ship both ECU's until you receive them back from AMS. They are fast and overnight everything. Their customer service is outstanding. I will warn you that it will likely take more than one pass to get everything in the tune perfected. I just received my 3rd round back about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately I can't try it out because my car is in the body shop, but that's a different thread. The good news is that if/when you send it back for subsequent tweaks, you only need to send the tuned 2nd ECU so you can then drive your car with your stock ECU.

Good Luck!
Old 10-18-2018, 12:12 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550
what a beautiful car... that color is intoxicating.. im in cali too and did my tune with OE Tuning for my CLS550 which is the OC... nothing but amazingess thus far and its almost been a year.. they're worth a mention for sure!
Old 10-18-2018, 07:07 PM

2014 E63 AMGS
Originally Posted by Vrodman
So roughly what part of Cali? I am in the Bay Area (South Bay).

Yep. AMS are good guys. I have referred a number of guys on this site to them. I can give you all of the heads up info you will want to know as you go down this process. You will only be down for about 48 hours max from the time you ship both ECU's until you receive them back from AMS. They are fast and overnight everything. Their customer service is outstanding. I will warn you that it will likely take more than one pass to get everything in the tune perfected. I just received my 3rd round back about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately I can't try it out because my car is in the body shop, but that's a different thread. The good news is that if/when you send it back for subsequent tweaks, you only need to send the tuned 2nd ECU so you can then drive your car with your stock ECU.

Good Luck!
Originally Posted by TheFranchizeSLB
what a beautiful car... that color is intoxicating.. im in cali too and did my tune with OE Tuning for my CLS550 which is the OC... nothing but amazingess thus far and its almost been a year.. they're worth a mention for sure!

I live in SOCAL about an hour north of San Diego, Temecula area if you're familiar , Thank you guys for all of the info I will check into both of these options. If they can give similar power numbers I feel like it would be a bit easier to go with the company that is closer so that if I need support I can just drive over and have them modify it.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:32 AM

Received 167 Likes on 114 Posts
2016 E63 Wagon
Beautiful color - should have been a wagon!

Old 10-19-2018, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e63s
Cool Nice car..

I'm in the east bay..I'm sure we'll be seeing each other around...not a lot of us out there.

Old 10-22-2018, 07:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 E63 S AMG
Love the color and twin spoke wheels! A very rare spec!