Sponsored by:

Drivers Seat Controller Stopped Working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 10:46 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
2013 AMG E63
Drivers Seat Controller Stopped Working

2013 AMG E63 W212. My drivers seat controller and memory buttons (on door) have stopped working. The passenger seat controller and memory buttons are working fine. I dropped the rear fold down seats to see if the driver seat motor is still working and it moved the drivers seat forward properly so the seat motor is not the problem. Could the drivers seat controller and memory button module be corrupted somehow? Would pulling and reinstalling their fuses clear or reset the seat control module?

Thanks for your assistance.
Old 10-28-2018, 02:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,036 Likes on 1,420 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
At minimum I would check fuses but question is why would it short? You could also try a negative battery terminal disconnect overnight and reconnect in the morning
The following users liked this post:
FireBall (10-28-2018)
Old 10-28-2018, 03:07 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
2013 AMG E63
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
At minimum I would check fuses but question is why would it short? You could also try a negative battery terminal disconnect overnight and reconnect in the morning
I just opened the fuse panel under the hood and pulled fuses #2 and #3, which the Fuse Allocation document specifies are related to the 'Seat Adjustment'. I assume one fuse is for the drivers seat and the other is for the passenger seat. Both fuses were fine but I polished the contacts with a cloth just to be sure. I reinstalled them a few minutes later...the drivers seat controls and memory buttons are now working again. I don't have any idea what had caused the problem but I'm glad it's working again.

Any thought's on this one?
Old 10-28-2018, 03:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,036 Likes on 1,420 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by FireBall
I just opened the fuse panel under the hood and pulled fuses #2 and #3, which the Fuse Allocation document specifies are related to the 'Seat Adjustment'. I assume one fuse is for the drivers seat and the other is for the passenger seat. Both fuses were fine but I polished the contacts with a cloth just to be sure. I reinstalled the a few minutes later...the drivers seat controls and memory buttons are now working again. I don't have any idea what had caused the problem but I'm glad it's working again.

Any thought's on this one?
you likely reset something in the SAM/BCM body control module ... this crap is all binary and bound to have a hiccup ... it's not as simple as voltages etc ... the CAN bus system may be controlling the seat and now it's reset

good news