Sponsored by:

Seeking input on 2013 E63 wagon purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 12:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A3
Seeking input on 2013 E63 wagon purchase

Ran across this 2013 E63 wagon and have spoken to the owner: https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...754047433.html (it's listed on ebay as well)

Currently sitting at 60,900mi and warranty has expired. Owner has been meticulous (2nd time owner, selling to buy another new wagon) and had all issues sorted under warranty. Price seems in line with market and the color combo is very interesting to me as I've never seen one in matte silver.

Car has had it's share of issues, which from lurking here long enough seem relatively common: valve body issue, wet clutch adjustment and then wet clutch replacement, cracked coolant hose, cam magnets/sensors and fuel injectors replaced) and then one not-so standard: engine was stuttering and then failed a leak down test on #4 (50%), so they replaced cylinder head and valves, along with a slew of associated parts. That repair itself doesn't worry me - I don't think-.....glad it was done then (18mo ago) with no issues since.

Any thoughts/issues you'd consider? This would be my first AMG wagon so any advice is much appreciated.