Sponsored by:

cut turbo manifold or not? m157 gtx3071gn2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 04:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
e63amg
cut turbo manifold or not? m157 gtx3071gn2

Hi everyone, i have Mercedes E63 AMG version S and i have a rebuild my orginal turbo to 2x GTX3071 gen2 Core.
I want to khnow how is your experience about cut exhaust manifols turbo one cylinder. Enyone logs backpressure with and without one cylinder?
I'm afraid that one cylinders will not be work correct. Like petrol engine,not turbo petrol engine. Did enyone logs reatrd ignition with all 10 cylinder when manifold is cut?

TTE900 cut cylinder:
https://tteglobal.com/mercedes-amg/e...mber=SW10082.1

Sorry for my english. Thnx.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:53 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel Gulinski
Hi everyone, i have Mercedes E63 AMG version S and i have a rebuild my orginal turbo to 2x GTX3071 gen2 Core.
I want to khnow how is your experience about cut exhaust manifols turbo one cylinder. Enyone logs backpressure with and without one cylinder?
I'm afraid that one cylinders will not be work correct. Like petrol engine,not turbo petrol engine. Did enyone logs reatrd ignition with all 10 cylinder when manifold is cut?

TTE900 cut cylinder:

Dont think the manifold will help you. Because the cylinder head design is not great.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:04 AM

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts
14 E63, 05 E55, 03 Evo 8, 08 F250, 06 R6R, 92 Talon TSI, and instability
Originally Posted by b0kix
Dont think the manifold will help you. Because the cylinder head design is not great.
Originally Posted by Daniel Gulinski

TTE900 cut cylinder:

I think he's asking where's the best place to tap the exhaust manifold for a back pressure sensor.

If I understand him correctly, I'm guessing he's not able to place his where he can see all 8 (yes, he said 10) equally and was asking if there's concern reading off one runner per side.

Daniel, Not sure what you are looking your backpressure with or if you are using this in conjunction with a custom wired stand alone ecu setup, but by logging backpressure in only one cylinder per side your readings will not be as clean or consistent compared to having tapped where the runners collect below the turbo. ​​​​Yes. You can just tap into one runner, but given that the sensor has standoff using a tube that should allow you to tap the manifold where you need to.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
e63amg
Originally Posted by WANTED!!
I think he's asking where's the best place to tap the exhaust manifold for a back pressure sensor.

If I understand him correctly, I'm guessing he's not able to place his where he can see all 8 (yes, he said 10) equally and was asking if there's concern reading off one runner per side.

Daniel, Not sure what you are looking your backpressure with or if you are using this in conjunction with a custom wired stand alone ecu setup, but by logging backpressure in only one cylinder per side your readings will not be as clean or consistent compared to having tapped where the runners collect below the turbo. ​​​​Yes. You can just tap into one runner, but given that the sensor has standoff using a tube that should allow you to tap the manifold where you need to.

Hi, you don't understand me.

I ask everyone, is cut manifold turbo or not !!

This engine have a big backpressure when we use big turbo. TTE Cut manifold . But i don't think so it is good way becouse this one cylinder work like Petrol engine not turbo.

this is link:
https://forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/...pgrade.233030/

Old 01-19-2021, 05:49 PM

Received 371 Likes on 279 Posts
2013 SL550 BiTurbo
nevermind...old thread.

my bad

Last edited by nota_amg; 01-19-2021 at 05:54 PM. Reason: I'm dumb
Old 02-11-2021, 10:49 PM

Received 121 Likes on 109 Posts
C63 Vert
I think I saw a Tasos video on this, I think OP is asking if he should just have six cylinder exhaust feed turbo. I would say no.