Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts
2015 E63s AMG, 2020 GLC 43 AMG
Roof Seam Detailing Question

Hey Guys,

This is about the only spot on the car I haven't gone after to restore to new like appearance. These seams between the glass top and the painted panels. I took the photo in the least flattering light to exaggerate how bad it looks. I doubt actually many people notice it. But I am admittedly obsessed about all details on my cars. These seems are not really rubber or metal. They seem to be a form of plastic? I thought about trying one of the Chemical Guys products on it like "meticulous matt black" but then I thought I would throw it out for advice to all you equally obsessed guys! I appreciate all advice.

Here is the pic:

Notice how the seams are not as black as they should be. Wax and the elements have whitened them up a bit.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Vrodman
Hey Guys,

This is about the only spot on the car I haven't gone after to restore to new like appearance. These seams between the glass top and the painted panels. I took the photo in the least flattering light to exaggerate how bad it looks. I doubt actually many people notice it. But I am admittedly obsessed about all details on my cars. These seems are not really rubber or metal. They seem to be a form of plastic? I thought about trying one of the Chemical Guys products on it like "meticulous matt black" but then I thought I would throw it out for advice to all you equally obsessed guys! I appreciate all advice.

Here is the pic:

Notice how the seams are not as black as they should be. Wax and the elements have whitened them up a bit.
i use plastic restorer (mothers makes a good product) on all black plasticky parts ... give it a whirl it usually lasts a few weeks depending on weather

also wettire makes it look nice also, on the trim
Old 01-31-2019, 10:53 PM

Received 281 Likes on 219 Posts
E63S
I have Car Guys Plastic Restorer on stand by for items like these.