DIY: W212 E63 AMG Windshield Washer Bottle (Reservoir) Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 08:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'12 E63 Wagon, '31 Model A Ford, '19 Miata, '19 GTI
DIY: W212 E63 AMG Windshield Washer Bottle (Reservoir) Replacement

Hi Folks,

I came out to my car to a pool of blue fluid coming out of the driver's side wheel, and it turned out my windshield washer bottle had cracked at its seam and was leaking out. After trying to repair with putty, etc. and none of that working, I decided to replace the tank. The job ended up being way more complicated than I expected ("three bolts! how hard could it be"), so I made a video so that you can join me on the process.

Hopefully this can help someone out in the future!

As a side note, I usually put part numbers here, but this one can be very complicated as it depends on (a) AMG or non-AMG, b) wagon or sedan, c) bi-xenon or not, so have a chat with your local dealer to figure out the right part). I usually order the parts online, but after getting the wrong part 3 separate times, I finally drove down to my dealer with my VIN and we figured it out. It ended up being more expensive, but I was finally able to do the replacement. My part number (AMG Wagon w/ Bi-Xenon's) was A204-869-03-00, which is different than the part that I pulled out (I guess they changed over time).

The seals / grommets were (but I'd suggest double checking with your dealer on this one). I also reused my caps, but if those get damaged you may want to replace. :
A203-869-00-98
A010-997-11-81
A000-998-90-01